|Wargame developer Slitherine announces Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon|
|Posted: 22.05.2013 07:47 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 6|
Wargame developer Slitherine, best known for such titles as Panzer Corps and Napoleon's Campaigns has announced an agreement with Games Workshop to develop a wargame based on the Warhammer 40,000 license, Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon.
The game will be set during the Second War of Armageddon, where gamers will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion as well as the Space Marines from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters. Those legions will be pitted against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh.
The game covers over 30 scenarios, over 100 unit types, with unique roles, stats and special abilities and 20 different units stats. An editor will allow players to create their own scenarios.
The bullet-list of official features include:
* The game portrays the Second War for Armageddon™ in great detail, from the initial Ork landings to the final liberation of the planet;
* It contains a large branching campaign with 30 major scenarios, plus additional 5 tutorial scenarios that explore the story in detail;
* A complex plot, which can develop during a mission, right in the middle of battle, creating an engaging story line with unexpected twists;
* Players lead Imperial troops of the Armageddon™ Steel Legion, with supporting assets from a number of Space Marine chapters against the ferocious Orks;
* Fight alongside Commissar Yarrik and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka;
* Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment;
* Detailed combat model with terrain, weather and morale effects;
* Extensive modding options delivered through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will also support PBEM. The game is due to be released in 2014.