|Turn-based 4X god game Skyward Collapse out now on PC|
|Posted: 24.05.2013 16:00 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
The curious nature of Skyward Collapse's 4X world is out now. Unlike most of these type of strategy games, we don't control one faction but rather play the role of god as we strive to keep the balance.
As 'The Creator' we try to help two civilizations from annihilating each other, whilst prospering. We take the role of each and so we become our own worst enemy if we give too much to one side.
It's by Arcen Games, creator of AI Wars, and promise it's "far easier to learn" than their previous strategy series. It's available via the or at a discount.
"Your task is to build and populate the floating continent of Luminith. You create -- but cannot control -- gods, creatures, and artifacts from both Greek and Norse mythology. The power you wield with these is immense: Heimdall's horn causes everyone outdoors to drop dead, for crying out loud. Your task is to keep both factions alive and fighting until The Master calls you home -- but this is harder than it sounds," reads the official description.
• A turn-based strategic god-game where you control neither faction, but instead strive to maintain t he balance of power.
•Make towns and war as the boardgame-like floating continent continues to construct itself around you.
• Persuade your minions into doing what you want by controlling the circumstances of their (brief) lives.
• 16 gods, each with unique passive abilities and three active powers, help you further your goals as you pass into the Age of Monsters.
• Level up your player profile by winning games. Twelve unlockable buildings in all!
• Straightforward controls paired with an intuitive and helpful interface make this an easy title to pick up... but the strategy runs deep.
• Multiple difficulty levels let you play a very relaxed game up to a nail-bitingly difficult one. There's no one best way to win!
• Co-op multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Skyward Collapse is available now on PC.
Source: PC Gamer