|Endless Space: Disharmony is "first full expansion" to 4X, releases this summer|
|Posted: 28.05.2013 14:19 by Simon Priest||Comments: 9|
Amplitude Studios will be launching their first full expansion pack to Endless Space this summer with Disharmony, which adds an all new faction, new fighter/bomber units, new mechanics and more.
Battle formations and a new targeting system increase the tension of battles, promises Amplitude. We also get a rework of the Ship Design Interface. It's out this summer for $9.99.
It'll be available as DLC and retail. "We’re lucky to have a motivated team and even luckier to have such an incredible community,” said Amplitude CEO Mathieu Girard.
"Our expansion pack has been designed based on player requests and community G2G votes, and we hope that it fulfills – or surpasses – their expectations." So far four DLC packs have been released to the Endless Space community at no charge, enhancing the 4X strategy with new content and game mechanic revisions.
Endless Space: Disharmony features:
• A brand new Faction called “The Harmony” with the main objective to ANNIHILATE DUST!
• New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New invasion mechanics have been added: prepare the population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the new Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
• Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
• Four new heroes (Games2Gether)
• A new option to disable exchange of technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community
• New Rally Points feature for newly built ships to reduce micromanagement