|Deep Silver pleased with Metro: Last Light's launch|
|Posted: 31.05.2013 18:33 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 7|
Deep Silver has announced that the publisher was more than pleased with the launch of Metro: Last Light, stating the game outsold the original Metro 2033 in the same launch period, while earning an 80+ Metacritic score.
According to the publisher:
• On Windows® PC, the game more than tripled Metro 2033's worldwide sales over the same opening week period
• In the US, Metro: Last Light sold through more boxed units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 has managed lifetime to date
• Across all formats worldwide, Metro: Last Light has sold more units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 managed in 3 months
• Metro: Last Light has shot to #1 in the weekly charts in multiple European territories including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and also in the UK, where publisher Deep Silver recorded their fourth straight week at number 1
Deep Silver also promoted the game's Season Pass for upcoming DLC. The pass costs €14.99 / $14.99 / £11.99 / 1200 Microsoft Points, adds n additional weapon, the deadly Abzats, a semi-automatic shotgun rifle, and the following upcoming DLC:
• The ‘Faction Pack’ and the ‘Chronicles Pack’, featuring new, original single player gameplay that expands on the Metro: Last Light universe and story
• The mysterious ‘Tower Pack’, a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans
• The ‘Developer Pack’, giving creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro.
Metro: Last Light earned an 8.5/10 score in Strategy Informer's .