|Endless Space: Disharmony launches June 26th|
|Posted: 18.06.2013 14:55 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
Amplitude Studios has announced June 26th is day for Disharmony. The first official expansion adds a new faction, as well as Automaton ship models as "a gift to the community for being so awesome."
'The Harmony' are the new guys in town and want to annihilate Dust. New fighters and bombers jazz up fleet battles, ship design is reworked, invasions introduced and smarter AI.
The Endless Hero from the Emperor Edition of Endless Space is also to be made available to all who purchase Disharmony. It'll go on sale for $9.99 / €9.99 on Steam June 26th.
Dust was their downfall. In the galaxy of the Endless they were ensnared; this strange technological creation that affected particles, fields and waves broke the single movement of the Harmony into a cacophony of individual elements. In this galaxy, the Harmony have fallen from grace and turned into gravity-enchained individuals.
The Harmony saw Dust, then, as a menace or a plague, and set out to rid the universe of its effects. But for the Harmony, creatures of mineral, there is no difference between an "inhabited" or "uninhabited" planet - they are only "infected" or "clean."
To the rest of the galaxy the arrival of the Harmony was a minor apocalypse. They attacked in small ships, targeting Dust-infected infrastructures and populations. Other peoples responded in kind, creating Fighter and Bomber craft to counter the Harmony's unusual tactics, bringing the war to their enemy. Planetary bombardment and invasion will take frightening new turns; new heroes will rise up to counter the threats. The Era of Disharmony is coming !
• A brand new Faction called “the Harmony” with a single objective in mind, annihilate Dust!
• New fighters and bombers units that will completely change the shape of combats, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New Invasion mechanics have been added: prepare your population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions!
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the New Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
• Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- Four new Heroes (Games2Gether)
- A new option to Disable Exchange of Technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community!