|Heavens Above DLC adds top down gameplay to Painkiller Hell & Damnation|
|Posted: 21.06.2013 09:59 by Simon Priest||Comments: 2|
The fifth DLC for Painkiller Hell & Damnation is now available and it's quite a game changer. It takes the first-person view and switches it for top down, and is appropriately named Heavens Above.
Five campaign maps are included in the DLC, available solo and in co-op. Some internal prototyping led to this DLC, and Nordic are eager to receive all the fan feedback there is.
New power-ups and environmental weapons await in Heavens Above, which is good news for when you have to take on "one of the hardest big guys" - The Stone Golem.
"We’ve made a commitment to release several DLCs throughout this year to ensure that we provide players with the best Painkiller experience possible,” said Reinhard Pollice of Nordic Games. “It started as an internal idea, then we prototyped Painkiller with top-down gameplay and it looked promising so we were eager to further explore the idea which ultimately led to this DLC. We know that this has the potential to be something bigger but at the moment we’re looking forward to offer this rare experience to our community and are excited to see their reaction.”
Heavens Above features:
• Top Down shooter gameplay
• 5 campaign maps (playable in single player and co-op mode): Graveyard, Town, Babel, Angkor, Pentagon
• Encounter one of the hardest big guys in Purgatory: The Stone Golem aka Oriental Demon
• New power-ups and environmental weapons (including howitzer gun, fire traps, electro shockers and squeezers)
• New Steam achievements
• All weapons from the original PKHD plus throwable mines
Painkiller Hell & Damnation's Heavens Above is available via for $9.99 / £8.99, although it's enjoying a 25% off discount right now that expires June 27th. Painkiller Hell & Damnation releases on Xbox 360 and PS3 June 28th.