|Endless Space: Disharmony launching today|
|Posted: 26.06.2013 14:27 by Simon Priest||Comments: 9|
The first expansion to 4X Endless Space is out later today on Steam. Disharmony adds a number of improvements to the turn-based empire builder, like spicing up fleet battles with fighters and bombers.
A new faction is also included that threatens to upset the galactic community. There are a few free updates going live as well, like new ship models and the Endless Hero.
Endless Space: Disharmony will be released in just a few hours via Steam for $9,99 / €9,99 / £8.99, although it will also hit retail this Friday in key-only form.
"I’m very excited to get this into the players’ hands,” said Romain de Waubert, Creative Director. “We’ve put a lot of effort into addressing the parts of the game and gameplay that either we or the community thought could be improved. We’ve come a long way already with the four free add-ons, and the expansion pack is the icing on the Endless cake."
• A brand new Faction called “the Harmony” with a single objective in mind, annihilate Dust!
• New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New Invasion mechanics have been added: prepare your population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions!
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the New Adaptive Multi-Agent System (AMAS)
• Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- Four new Heroes
- A new option to Disable Exchange of Technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community!