|Guncraft launches August 9th on Steam|
|Posted: 25.07.2013 14:48 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
Voxel-based Minecraft-esque shooter Guncraft will be digitally launching August 9th on Steam having cleared the Greenlight community with some very enthusiastic thumbs up. New features on the way.
There'll be Steam achievements, leaderboards, a racing mode, and trading cards with the final two of the deck thrown over to the community to decide upon. On sale for $14.99.
Build whole maps, characters and even weapons on the move in Guncraft, which basically swaps your pickaxe and chopper (easy) for a badass assortment of weapons.
The minds behind Guncraft wanted to pair the crazy addictive nature of a block building sandbox with the adrenaline and stress of a first-person shooter. Entire arenas are player-made and are limited to only their imagination, powered by rainbows and sunshine presumably.
• Create custom levels, weapons and characters – you are only limited by your imagination!
• 8+ outlandish game modes for up to 16 players (Online/LAN), including:◦“Lava Survival” mode where magma slowly rises as players build upward to avoid the instant orange death. It’s a new variation of “Last Man Standing”
◦ “Onslaught” mode, where four players band together to fight off endless waves of deadly robot spiders, soldiers, drones, and aircraft
◦ “Spleef” mode, players drill and destroy blocks on the platform near or under their opponents in order to cause them to fall to their deaths, while fervently moving to also avoid suffering that fate
• Player-controlled vehicles, perks, killstreaks, class load-outs, clan system, and ranks
• HUGE DLC Roadmap driven by the community, for the community, ranging from new modes to expansions to Gunsmithing and new content features
The community contest for the final two trading cards is available .