|Eschalon: Book III coming Summer 2013, on Steam Greenlight|
|Posted: 20.08.2013 07:00 by JonahFalcon||Comments: 1|
Developer Basilisk has announced that Eschalon: Book III has been launched on Steam Greenlight, and the third in the roleplaying game series. The game, which aims "to feel like a true pen-and-paper RPG" is due to be released sometime in Summer 2013.
* Dozens of fan-requested features and updates to the engine and rule set.
* Hundreds of graphic updates including re-rendered tiles, new spell effects, and enhanced environment effects. New sound effects and music in crystal-clear HD audio via an updated sound engine.
* Expanded stats for creatures give them new abilities, defenses and vulnerabilities. Combat will require new levels of strategy.
* New spells and hundreds of new items for you to discover. A huge world filled with secrets, riddles, traps, treasure, and glory awaits you!
* Book III is not a dumbed-down “RPG for the masses”. Rapid button clicking won’t save you here. Eschalon pays honor to the greatest RPGs of the past, with unlimited character development options and freedom to explore the world as you wish. The difficulty of the game does not scale to your character.
* Developer tools to be released shortly after the availability of the game. Build your own maps and make your own adventures!
* Single player only, like a great RPG should be.
Basilisk also released an official trailer for their RPG. Check it out in the video below.
Source: Steam Greenlight