|Activision dismiss 50GB PC specs as 'unofficial' for Call of Duty: Ghosts|
|Posted: 09.10.2013 10:56 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
Recently Nvidia decided to post some 'Minimum System Requirements' for Call of Duty: Ghosts stating it required 50GB of space to install. That's quite a chunk of bytes with EA's Battlefield 4 lower at 30GB.
Oh wait - these aren't official. Activision has just tweeted it's a bunch of baloney and that official PC requirements are "coming soon." Nvidia are scheduled for Pinocchio nose reduction surgery.
It seems to be quite trendy lately to have so called 'official specs' be posted only to have them debunked. The Nvidia pants-on-fire PC specs also cite need of a 64-bit OS.
"Please stay tuned for the official requirements coming soon, thank you," Activision Support. Will Call of Duty: Ghosts follow in Watch Dogs footsteps and actually surpass the fake system requirements by demanding 60GB HDD space instead? Ubisoft's hacking sandbox Watch Dogs than a 64-bit OS.
Below are the unofficial specs posted by :
Minimum System Requirements
• OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
• RAM: 6 GB RAM
• HDD: 50 GB HD space
• Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
• Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
• DirectX: 11
• Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
Call of Duty: Ghosts releases on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 November 5th.