|First person sandbox survival game Eden Star launches on Kickstarter|
|Posted: 20.10.2013 14:52 by||Comments: 0|
UK-based indie developer Flix Interactive has announced that its "sandbox survival-creation game" Eden Star is now on Kickstarter. The game can be described as a first person shooter version of Minecraft in space, while dispensing with the blockiness.
Players take on the role of a "Pioneer", an augmented human deployed to the remnants of the lost colony of Pharus 7 from the migration class vessel Eden Star. The mission is to unearth the wreckage while terraforming the surface. Players can explore, excavate and gather minerals in order to convert them into buildable resources - or just sell them back to the ship for credits so that the player can purchase weapons, supplies, and blueprints.
The game features:
* Innovative physics-driven combat; grab, blast and smash your way around the world. Defend your creations and explore Pharus 7 using the powerful RMD (Remote Manipulation Device, aka Tool) grafted to your forearm
* Real-time, physics-based destruction and construction; break and then rebuild the environment around you as you see fit
* Fully dynamic freerunning movement system
* Advanced AI that can react and adapt to an ever-changing landscape
* Define the way you want to play; create structures, traps and automated defenses to protect your Eden Kit and expand your outpost
* Customise your character; change and upgrade the RMD powers at your disposal
Gamers interested in the crowdfunding drive can visit the Kickstarter page , or the official site .