|Blizzard connecting more World of Warcraft realms to combat low populations|
|Posted: 29.10.2013 10:35 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
There'll be more sharing in World of Warcraft's future as Blizzard are connecting up more realms to stave off that eerie ghost town feeling some servers are experiencing. Two further batches have been detailed.
More realms will bridge in the future but for now these are it. The first wave of fresh connections should be live with the next not yet dated.
As subscriptions level fall each year for World of Warcraft it's becoming a necessity to merge populations to keep things running, like instances and raids.
• Auchindoun and Laughing Skull
• Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher
• Aegwynn and Gurubashi
• Balnazzar and Warsong
• Burning Blade and Onyxia
• Chromaggus and Garithos
• Dalvengyr and Dark Iron
• Dethecus and Detheroc
• Dunemaul, Maiev, Boulderfist and Bloodscalp
• Hakkar and Aegwynn
• Rivendare and Firetree
The first batch should be completed now with the second due later.
• Blackwing Lair and Detheroc/Dethecus
• Anub’arak and Chromaggus/Garithos
• Drak’Tharon and Firetree/Rivendare
• Blood Furnace and Mannaroth
• Nesingwary and Vek’nilash
• Haomarush and Detheroc/Dethecus/Blackwing Lair
• Stonemaul and Bloodscalp/Maiev/Boulderfist/Dunemaul
• Tortheldrin and Frostmane
• Winterhoof and Kilrogg
• Gul’dan and Skullcrusher/Black Dragonflight
• Lightning’s Blade and Burning Blade
Connect Realms are also referred to as 'Virtual Realms' where players from each are treated as though they were full members of each other’s realm letting groups persistently travel together. Items and gold are tradable with the auction house shared between them as well. A '#' symbol tags those from a connected realm.
Source: PC Gamer