|Housing in 2.1 update for Final Fantasy XIV explained by Square Enix|
|Posted: 26.11.2013 06:38 by||Comments: 0|
The 2.1 update for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be arriving on the 17th December, and Square Enix has made a developer post detailing how the new housing feature will work.
First, a plot of land must be purchased in auction. A company (that is, guild) can only purchase one land plot for itself. After the plot is purchased, the company must purchase one of many house permits from specific vendors.
After the house permit is bought, company's may customize both the exterior - that is, gardens, roofs, walls, windows, doors, and so on - as well as the interior, which includes things like tables, lamps, plants, wall mountings, carpets, and so on.
Additional options are planned in the future for housing, including:
* Planned Additions to the Housing System
* A crafting workshop where players can build vehicles such as airships.
* An orchestrion to change the music played inside houses.
* A chocobo stable to raise chocobos.
* Mannequins that can be dressed with player gear.
* A bulletin board that can be place inside the house.
Gamers can check out the dev post from Square Enix .