|Battlefield 4 PC patch releases, fixed most "frequently occurring client crashes"|
|Posted: 09.12.2013 15:16 by Simon Priest||Comments: 1|
DICE has today released the latest PC patch for Battlefield 4 with multiplayer going offline for "a few hours" in order to bring the changes to the servers. Xbox One's title update is yet to be released.
This December 9th PC patch tackles "one of the most frequently occurring" crashes for gamers, and helps grenades sail through open doors instead of 'bouncing back'.
Some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they've been destroyed should no longer happen. Feel free to shoot radar dishes again.
The team have also dealt with the 'shot behind cover when changing stance' problem: "Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue."
With problems like this it's no wonder why EA has suspended all DLC work at DICE until the main game is fixed.
December 9th PC patch :
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.