|Out of the Park Baseball 15 announced, preorders now available|
|Posted: 24.01.2014 12:56 by||Comments: 0|
Out of the Park Developments has announced that the latest edition of their premiere baseball simulation, Out of the Park Baseball 15, is coming this Spring, and a major feature of the new title are 3D ballparks, complete with 3D ball flight simulation.
According to the studio, "You can import 3D ballparks saved in the popular Collada (.dae) format, and the included ballpark editor lets you properly overlay the ball location diagram used by our simulation engine, including adjustment of wall heights, foul territory, and so forth."
In addition to the real life 2014 Opening Day Major League Baseball rosters, the game has expanded to include the real stats and ratings for players and teams in seven international leagues, including Japan (including one minor league), Korea (including one minor league), Taiwan (including one minor league), Mexico, Cuba, the Netherlands and Italy. Players will even be able to manage a team in a European league if they wish.
Of course, the 2015 edition will come with a revamped ratings system, which now calculates player averages for positions and bases the scouting report on that (with the scale now reflecting how that player compares to his peers at that position), a revamped interface that now supports 16:9 and 16:10, as well as new touches including:
* Enhanced player history tracking (yearly salary, 2nd & 3rd place award finishes, grand slams, walk-off hits, 1- hitters, and other game performances)
* The ability to offer jobs to coaches and scouts while those jobs are still occupied
* Reworked team control options
* Teams may retire uniform numbers
* Improved news stories and in-game play-by-play
* Improved online league functionality
* Improved AI throughout the game
* Improved first-year player draft and negotiation
* Almost every other area of the game will be tweaked and improved
* Even more surprise features that will be revealed before the game ship
Out of the Park Baseball 15 comes out this coming Spring, and can be preordered for PC/Mac , and Linux .