|Rumour-mill: Red Alert 3 details inside|
|Posted: 15.02.2008 17:44 by Kres||Comments: 13|
Red Alert 3 was recently announced and we've all being trying to discover what little information we can about it. Hagren has informed us about some information he obtained from the PCGuru magazine article that revealed the announcement of Red Alert 3.
Our favourite concept art picture!
The screenshots haven't revealed a huge amount of details on what the engine can handle, but we're told that there's going to be massive damage in RA3, with weapons carving colossal craters in the ground.
Structures will now be placeable on water, but at an extra cost. The graphics are also said to be far greater than those of Command & Conquer 3, but the newly released screenshots don't reflect this.
The campaign can also be co-operatively played, but if you haven't got a friend handy then you'll be able to choose between a selection of AI allies. The gameplay will also be much slower, an aspect that the team concluded from Tiberium Wars.
Live-action FMVs are also back and mixed with CGI and outdoor scenes. Yuri isn't going to make a come back for those of you that were huge fans of his.
These details could be incorrect, but they seem fairly legit to us.
Here's a full list of details:
- Every unit has secondary functions. The allied tank for instance is able to concentrate radar beams to be used as a scouting unit.
- Altough not visible on the screens, there's going to be massive damaging in RA3, with weapons carving colossal craters into the ground.
- Most structures are placeable on water for extra cost.
- Ships can only leave shore on sand, so its crucial to defend these areas.
- The article writer claims that the impressive graphics don't shine through the screens. In his opinion, graphics are much better compared to CnC3, and he's especially flabbergasted by the animations.
- The Russians have a submarine called the 'Akula' which isn't simply deadly against ships, but is able to train divers as well.
- The Bullfrog transport ship doesn't have to set shore, its able to 'shoot' out the units it's carrying
- The Japanese Seawing bomber is able to transform into a submarine simply by falling into the water.
- Sea battles will be crucial in this game.
- The Japanese enroll a water-affin tank called 'Tsunami', which is both heavily armoured and powerful, and slower on land than in water.
- The campaign can be co-operatively played with a friend from start to finish. If there's no one to play it with, you can choose between an array of AI allies to fight the war.
- StarCraft2's lead designer worked on RA3 before he went to Blizzard.
- Gameplay will be much slower, an aspect, along with the beta, that the team concluded from TW. The writer confirms this slowdown.
- Enemy soldiers freeze upon Allied dogs barking.
- The Mobile V4 is able to swim as well, but its main draw points is the precise and area-effective attack.
- The Russians submarine, the Stingray Nasad, sports tesla-launchers, and is a rather small, but fast unit.
- The writer praises the smooth animations, explosion effects and water in general again and again, its crazy!
- Live-action FMVs are back mixed with CGI and outdoor scenes!
- The writer holds that RA3 wont be as good as SC2, but damn close, and even better than RA2.
- No Yuri.
- Atmosphere is top notch.
- Expansion pack is already planned.