|Paradox unveil new Supreme Ruler|
|Posted: 20.08.2010 11:49 by Simon Priest||Comments: 14|
From gamescom Paradox Interactive have announced a new title in the Supreme Ruler series subtitled Cold War, taking place in the 1950's.
The "timing feels perfect" to add a new Supreme Ruler game says Paradox, saying it's always had a strong community. It's coming Q2 2011.
"It's been a few years since we released an instalment in the Supreme Ruler series so the timing feels perfect,” said Mattias Lilja, Executive Producer at Paradox Interactive.
“The series has always had a strong fan following and we're expecting Cold War to be the best one to date. Tying in recent real-world events promises to keep this game interesting for a long time." The game will release sometime in Q2 2011.
You can play as either the US or the Soviet Union in the special campaign scenarios, or select any nation's flag to wave in Cold War's sandbox. The Paradox press release has listed the features you can expect:
• Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
• Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
• Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
• Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
• Grow and Modernize your Economy
• Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
• And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces
• Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
• Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
• Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet
Does Supreme Ruler: Cold War sound like your kind of global ruckus?