|NBA 2K11 top in US last month, Fallout: New Vegas came second|
|Posted: 17.11.2010 11:36 by Simon Priest||Comments: 0|
The NPD has revealed 2K Sports' NBA 2K11 was the best performer last month in the US sales charts, followed by Bethesda's Fallout: New Vegas.
Medal of Honor came third while Fable III started its revolution in fourth place. New Vegas got the highest single SKU sales with 679k for Xbox 360.
EA's Medal of Honor reboot managed to scare off Fable III and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II from getting near the 3rd pole position their debut month. Here's the US sales top ten titles for the month of October, courtesy of the NPD:
1. NBA 2K11 (Take-Two Interactive, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC)
2. Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda Softworks, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
3. Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
4. Fable III (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts, Xbox 360, PS3, WII, PC, NDS)
6. Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
7. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
8. FIFA Soccer 11 (Electronic Arts, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, NDS, PC)
9. Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, WII, PS2, PSP)
10. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (THQ, PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, WII, PSP)
While Rock Band 3 hasn't done well at all over here in the UK it has put on a much better performance in the US, and it's likely to see a great holiday snap up. "Based on solid reviews, this game has the potential to perform well over the holidays," said NPD.
"Interestingly, unit sales of online playable console games were up 16 per cent while sales of those that are not online playable were down two per cent versus last October," they added, talking about the general rise of 6 percent year-on-year for software sales.