Mod: Age of Rebellion 0.1 (Beta)
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties: All Downloads (25) Patches (6) | Demos (1) | Mods (14) | Maps (2) | Movies (2)
This mod from Jerry B is an American Civil War mod. Features new units and more.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Age of Rebellion
Union Beta test v0.1
The Civil War mod of Age of Empires 3
This mod was created by Jerry B.
YOU MUST HAVE THE ASIAN DYNASTIES INSTALLED FOR THIS MOD TO WORK!
(if you don't, try by getting rid of the 'y' at then end of the proto files, the stringtable files,and the splash file.
Warning: You will need an expansion for the full version. Most likely the Warchiefs.)
1. Make a copy the entire Age of Empires 3 folder found in ":Program FilesMicrosoft Games"
2. extract Age_of_Rebellion_Data.zip to the folder "Age of Empires III" and overwrite any files that ask.
3. Cut or copy the folder "scenario" you just unzipped to "My DocumentsMy GamesAge of Empires 3" so that
the file "AoR proto map.age3Yscn" ends up directly in the folder "My DocumentsMy GamesAge of Empires 3scenario"
4. Start Age of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties (which may take longer than usual to load)
5. Select "Single Player" Then "Custom Scenario", Then select the map called "AoR Proto Map" and enjoy.
6. Please post feedback here "http://forums.filefront.com/aoe-modding-mapping-editing/243158-civil-war-mod.html"
Please know that is an extremely small perspective on what this game plans to ultimately be. This beta only includes
one map, only a small section of union units/civs, and two "native" settlements/units. The computer does not use the
modded units either, so do not expect a fair fight or to see enemy modded units (except for "natives," apparently).
There is also no definite end, so don't go on running in a circle trying to find that last non-existant villager.
As soon as I get enough feedback, I will release another, more updated version. Expect a possible Confederate Beta
Big things I know need to be done:
- Portraits for some units
- Different arms positions is certain positions
- Upgrades, Home city shipments, Home cities, flags, and politicians
- Hitpoints (original plan was to make units die in 1 or 2 hits, but shots be inaccurate)
- The Officer does not have any powers
Things to look out for (Aka thinkg I want to brag about):
- Bayonet on infantry (only attached during melee)
- Skirmish line only one rank
- Infantry normal position (only after selecting melee and re-selecting volley mode)
- How Berdans attack
So, enjoy the test & leave feedback... Break Ranks, March!
|File Name: age_of_rebellion_beta_v0_1_for_twc.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 4.03 MB||Files Added: 11,489|
|Downloads: 1,482 (6 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,100,037 (28,134 last week)|
|Posted: 18.02.2009||Supporters: n/a|