Patch: Patch 1.11
The 1.11 patch for American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray. See File Details or a list of changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.11
August 22nd, 2008
This patch contains all changes since the start.
Warning: All railroads improvements will not be impacted in current games though, although no additional side effects will appears.
- fixed: A bug when a leader was promoted, then removed from his stack.
- fixed: Rail construction were not always occuring as they should (reported by Bigus).
- fixed: Ships targeting troops can merge into them, in an harbor. If a battle occurs and the ships are captured, the troops could end up being captured too. [nice little critter, reported by Adiscus).
- fixed: Ships being built could not be captured properly if the raider was moving out of the region too soon, resulting in a crash.
- fixed: Leaders above 3 in rating would get a far too big bonus for the Army Rout check at the end of combat, resulting in fanatical armies.
- fixed: Admiral could form divisions.
- fixed: A (rare) crash could occurs when you detached a corps from an army.
- 47 new portraits (compared to previous official release) by Jackfox and Jabberwock! (including various line infantry types, leaders and CSA rangers)
- New modifications to the map (for better geographical & historical accurary) by Gray_Lensman (see below)
- New scenario, "Kentucky Invasion", which takes place late 1862 - early 1863, by Bigus.
- Shiloh and Gettysburg scenarios improved, by Bigus.
- Max Entrenchment level is variable, depending of the year. Start at 3. See below.
Data edition and tweaking - The good work of Gray_Lensman (details)
All these changes are officially approved by the Studio. Gray_Lensman, aka Michael, is officially our AACW coordinator. The detail of his work for the current patch follows:
Changes in AACW Historical Accuracy MOD 20080717
1.) Incorporated Jabberwock's Generals' Graphics work.
2.) Incorporated Bigus' rework on the Shiloh and Gettysburg scenarios.
3.) Made many more spelling corrections in the .mdl and .uni files.
4.) Corrected the following structure names.
Mississippi City (was Mississipi City) located in Gulf, MS (705)
Harrisonburg (was Harisonburg) located in Harrison, LA (728)
5.) Manually changed the displayed tooltip name for the Middle Tennessee River region to "Mussel Shoals". This was done to reduce confusion concerning where this region was located, since it is now impassable to shipping as it was historically.
6.) Again reworked the weather files for some inconsistencies.
7.) Corrected (in most places) the mispelled names of Theophilus Holmes and Robert Ransom. The remaining corrections in the corresponding Units and Models files will be included in the next "official" patch.
8.) A big "Thanks" to Bigus for contributing his newest scenario "Kentucky Invasion", which takes place late 1862 - early 1863.
9.) Slightly modified the starting entrenchment levels values for 1861 to bring the scenarios into similar starting levels as Clovis' MOD. Subsequently the 1861 scenarios start with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3 and the 1862 Campaign scenario now starts at 4. The scripted events were slightly adjusted to accomodate this change.
1861 April Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3
1861 July Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3
1862 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 4
1863 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 6
1864 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 8
The Scripted Events change these levels over time on the following schedule:
In 1861, there is a small chance each turn from Aug thru Dec for the Level to increase to 4
---- with a definite increase to 4 in Jan 1862
In 1862, there is a small chance each turn from May thru Aug for the Level to increase to 5
---- with a definite increase to 5 in Sep 1862
In 1862, there is a small chance each turn from Oct thru Dec for the Level to increase to 6
---- with a definite increase to 6 in Jan 1863
In 1863, there is a small chance each turn from May thru Aug for the Level to increase to 7
---- with a definite increase to 7 in Sep 1863
In 1863, there is a small chance each turn from Oct thru Dec for the Level to increase to 8
---- with a definite increase to 8 in Jan 1864
10.) Jesse Reno removed from 1864 Campaign scenario. He was killed @ South Mountain in Sep 1862.
11.) Reworked Oregon Inlet and neighboring regions' border points. Also the following 4 regions inside the barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina have been changed to "Shallow Waters".
Albermale Sound (1386)
Oregon Inlet (1388)
Pamlicoe Sound (1391)
Pamlicoe Bay (1393)
12.) CSA shipping should no longer be built upriver of the Middle Tennessee River region (Mussel Shoals).
13.) Reworked Regional state affiliations for the following 5 regions (also manually changed the regional name to match these particular state changes.
Susquehanna, PA (76) is now Suquehanna, MD.
Allegany, PA (77) is now Allegany, MD.
Fulton, PA (78) is now Fulton, MD.
Chambers, PA (1482) is now Chambers, MD.
Walhalla, NC (233) is now Walhalla, SC.
14.) Reworked the Naval starting/event reinforcement shipping for the 1861 scenarios. Naval forces should be identical in either 1861 scenarios by the end of 1861. The biggest fix was the missing Atlantic Squadrons, which now appear in both scenarios, but also several additional Naval units (6) were not appearing in either of the 1861 scenarios.
15.) Reworked an error with 615Lawrence, AL region. The Areas.ini, Regions.ini, and several scenarios incorrectly referred to this region as 615Barbour, AL.
16.) Graphically corrected the mispelled name of "Mt Pleasany" in 759 Pleasant, TX to show "Mt Pleasant".
17.) Corrected the following structure names.
Hampton (was Hampton Roads) located in James City, VA (138)
Christiansburg (was Christianburg) located in Pulaski, VA (166)
Morehead City (was Moorehead City) located in Carteret, NC (228)
Smithville (was South Port) located in Burke, NC (231)
Grand Haven (was Grand Post) located in Ottawa, MI (435)
18. Reworked terrain files, mostly on frozen rivers terrain.
19. New set of events so that the 'population loyalty' in coastal forts regions follow closely military control.
Thanks to all volunteers participating in the constant improvement of AACW.
|File Name: aacw_v111.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 98.07 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 218 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,372,130 (43,769 last week)|
|Posted: 29.08.2008||Supporters: n/a|