Patch: Patch 1.03 (Unofficial)
The unofficial 1.03 patch for ANNO 1404. This patch requires the official 2.1 patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Changes since version 1.01:
· Replaced the basic quest info text displayed when someone asks you to do a quest with info text that clearly displays the quest name in blue text followed by the regular info text. This was done because previously Anno would never actually give you the name of the quest until you accepted it. Now you can very easily see the name and task. This change is VERY helpful if you are trying to complete specific achievement related quests (particularly extensive quests). Now you don’t have to accept every single extensive quest and merely hope it’s one you haven’t completed. You can now clearly see the name and choose to accept or reject it accordingly. This may sound minor, but it greatly improves the game.
· The extensive quest message for giving the final part by AIs such as “XXX offers you the final part of this extensive quest:” had the wrong variable set so the quest info text wouldn’t be displayed after the colon. I’ve changed the faulty variable of “[THIRDPARTY_INFOTEXT]” to the proper “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_INFOTEXT]”. I also changed it for all 3 messages the Emperor and Sultan use when giving extensive quests, which again caused the actual quest info text to not appear. Overall, this fix is VERY helpful because previously you had to accept the Emperor’s and Sultan’s extensive quests before you could even know what you were supposed to be doing. Now you can better gauge whether you desire or are able to complete the quest.
· Updated and improved the quest journal tooltips. The “pressed” and “normal” messages were identical in some cases, so I fixed them to refer to “close” and “display” messages. The “Previous Entry” button for Help Quests had bizarre wording, “Left-Click to sort the Quests announced previously.” This has been changed to the proper “Left-Click to show the prior Help Quest.” Improvements to the sorting option tooltips: “Time” renamed to “Time Given” and “Duration” renamed to “Time Remaining”. Instead of the specific quest tooltip just saying the giver’s name, like “Forcas”, I’ve changed it to be sensibly say, “This is a Quest given by [QUEST_SENDER].”
· All Oriental Miner tooltips have been improved to no longer say the unclear “Can dig under Walls to collapse them.” Now they say “This Special Troop has few Hit Points but can camouflage itself and collapse Walls when camped at a distance.”
· Repair tooltip heading changed to read “Repairing XXX” instead of just listing the object name, “XXX”.
· The term “other parties” has been changed to “other Players” when it refers to other Players only. Likewise the button “Show All Parties” has been changed to “Show All Players” since it’s clearer this way. The places where “party/parties” can refer to Harbor Islands also have been left alone. Also, some text locations were left since this wasn’t using the phrase as a gameplay term.
· Standardized the term “Troops” to refer to all Military Units. Previously the game would also sometimes call the Troops “Armies” or “Units”. Now Army and Armies is only used in reference to the entire Military force in a general sense. The term “Units” is only used when the game refers to all Troops and Ships combined, not one or the other. Achievement and tooltip text has all been updated to reflect these changes. This helps clarify that statements like “Destroy XXX Armies” really means “Destroy XXX” of any Troop types.
· The three “Army” units, the “Small Army”, “Large Army”, and “Oriental Army” are now all termed “Regiment” instead of “Army”. This is to distinguish them from the games use of the term Army to refer to your entire Military force in a general sense.
· The term “Cargo Hold” is now always the plural “Cargo Holds” except when referring to a single Cargo Hold.
· All quest related text using the “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_NAME]” variable now has a double line break before the quest name to improve formatting. Same with “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_INFOTEXT]”.
· Standardized all [QUEST_GETWARES] quest descriptions to only have one line break instead of two. Two looks nicer for the upper-right window, but it makes the formatting in the quest journal and news system look a bit strange. So it is a tradeoff.
· The improper grammar when an object is busy and cannot receive another command has been changed from “XXX carries out an action” to “This XXX is unable to act at the moment”.
· Changed wording for several quest info texts so they would better fit on two lines instead of awkwardly being broken up over three lines. For instance the “next destination” text for Ship Race quests was changed from “The next destination is XXX’s Harbor.
Deliver: XXX.” To “Deliver XXX to the next destination: XXX’s Harbor.”
· Changed wording for Resident Level quests from “Ensure that at least: [QUEST_GETRESIDENTSPERLEVEL] live in your City.” to “Ensure that at least this many Inhabitants live in your City: [QUEST_GETRESIDENTSPERLEVEL]”. This may not seem better, but it improves the formatting since the variable in brackets has a hidden line break at the start, which messed up the original formatting.
· Capitalized “Speed” and “Damage” when referring to Ship, Unit, or Building attributes.
· The term “Troops” is now always capitalized.
· Gavin’s extensive quest “The Feast” has been renamed to “The Birthday Feast” since the original name is very common and used for several other quests, such as Hassan’s peaceful Fraternization quest.
· More quest text improvements and grammar fixes.
|File Name: anno1404-venice-unofficial_patch-v1.03.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 76.24 MB||Files Added: 9,767|
|Downloads: 72 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,353,431 (42,063 last week)|
|Posted: 13.12.2011||Supporters: n/a|