Extra-Pack: Map Editor 2.1
Battlefield 1942: All Downloads (259) Patches (5) | Demos (2) | Mods (135) | Maps (104) | Others (13)
Battlecraft 1942 map editor v2.1.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Battlefield 1942 by Digital Illusions - Battlecraft 1942 map editor v2.1
Version 2.1 of Battlecraft 1942 now supports the following
* Added Invasion of the Philippines support
* Added Liberation of Caen support
* Improved in-game map water generation. Can now specify water color to use by
way of the water properties dialog
* Changed water height change to flag map changed for save
* Improved Camera On Terrain movement
* Startup now auto loads the bf1942 mod cfg if it exists
* Improved camera movement code
* Optimized Snap Objects To Ground code
* Added fog rendering and option in Editor Options dialog
* Added registry support for chosen texture set
* Added support for teamOnVehicle for object spawns to create spawnpoint
* Fixed some problems with Merging Light Maps
* Changed grassy green detail texture in default texture set to a grayscale
* Changed the maplist.con writing on "Test This Level" to work with BF1942 1.6
* Fix registry keys from not reading sometimes
* Added "(None)" to object spawns for only creating spawns for certain teams
* Added random Vegetation placement tool
* Made red strike-out on mini map generator darker
* Fixed bug with deleting objects not giving back objects used count
* Added option to render/not render water in BC for easier terrain editing
* Added Progress Bar to status bar for generation functions
* Changed Add File To Archive to be multi select
* Added support for onlyTakableByTeam on control points
* Added check to block numbers in level file names. This will prevent many user
* Added better cursor-over selection on object spawns
* Changed CON File Editor to Archive File Editor and added command to remove
files from the level archive
* Added ability to edit many selected objects by hitting the ENTER key
* Added new Function menu to application menu and sorted out commands
* Added function command to set the spawn camera position instead of setting it
every time you save
* Added dialog to In-Game map generator
* Added ability to customize In-Game map icons
* Added validation of game.addModPath in the BF1942 init.con file for shadow
generation to work on MODs
* Changed selection of Static objects and Object spawns to be from any category
specified in the .lst
* Added code to change modPath on new CFG creation
* Added code to copy the palette file over to the shadowwork directory during
* Added an effects category to the .lst file
* Added option in Functions menu to revert terrain shadows from surface maps
September 24th, 2003
Battlecraft 1942 v. 2.0
Battlecraft 1942 created maps can only be played with version 1.25 or higher of
Battlefield 1942 As of this writing, the latest version of Battlefield 1942 is
1.45. The latest patch information can be found at www.battlefield1942.com.
Battlecraft 1942 was released in two open beta versions, 1.0 and 1.1 Release
notes for these can be found at the bottom of the readme and in the Battlecraft
1942 Users Guide.
Levels created with versions 1.0 or 1.1 of Battlecraft 1942 will work with
version 2.0. However, the object spawns will not function. In order to fix
this, delete the old object spawns and object spawn templates, and replace with
new object spawns and object spawn templates.
Mods and Battlecraft 1942:
In order to make a Battlecraft 1942 map for a Battlefield 1942 mod, such as
Desert Combat or Galactic Conquest, you must have a .lst file and a .cfg file
in your Battlecraft 1942 directory. A .lst file is a listing of all custom
objects the mod contains. The .cfg file is a file directing Battlecraft 1942
to the proper .rfa directories. We have provided you with the latest versions
of .cfg files and .lst files for Desert Combat and Galactic Conquest. These
.cfg files are configured for a default installation of Battlefield 1942. In
order to use them, simply rename them, for example from desertcombat.cfg.use to
desertcombat.cfg. If you have a non-default installation path for Battlefield
1942, you must open the .cfg file and edit the path.
NB: Because of the level-dependent .rfa structure of Desert Combat, Desert
Combat static objects are not available for use. The only way to access Desert
Combat static objects is to open a Desert Combat level, use “copy to” to save
it under a different name, and then open that level. You will then be able to
use any and all static objects used in that level.
NB: Many Desert Combat levels are so large they have a great deal of
difficulty being opened in Battlecraft 1942.
We do not recommend the use of dual monitors or dual video cards with
Battlecraft 1942 has known issues on the following cards:
Radeon (7200) 64MB
Radeon 7500 64 MB
Radeon 8500 64 MB
Radeon 9000 64 MB
The following workaround will address any issues encountered while generating
shadows using the above cards:
Step 1. Unpack the game.rfa using one of the freely available .rfa unpacking
Step 2. Open the init.con file.
Step 3. Add the line "raytracer.init" to the end of the file (do not
include the quotation marks).
Step 4. Save the file and repack the .rfa file.
New tools, changes, and notes added in version 2.0
PreFab Manager: A prefab manager has been enabled. This tool allows you to
save areas of your maps and have them available when creating or editing other
maps. In other words, you can make a small “tank repair base”, save it as a
prefab, and have it available for placement in any map you wish.
Unlock all: Unlock all as been added.
Can no longer delete locked objects
Added .cfg files for Desert Combat and Galactic Conquest.
***- Fixed various crashes with shadow generation.
***- Fixed crash when saving level
***- Fixed crashes related to mod selection
***-Nudge tool now operated in top-down mode
***-Fixed crash related to surface map painter
***-Fixed various problems with surface map generation on large maps
New tools, changes, and notes added in version 1.1
Surface Map Painter-- a new mapper-style tool, enabling you to paint textures
and colors directly on to your map. To enter Surface Map Painter mode, press
the palette shortcut on the toolbar, next to the object mapper button. Once
activated, you will see a "brushes" drop down list on the right, a darken tool,
a lighten tool, a material painter tool (which, it is important to note, does
not actually paint the materials-- the sound a soldier stepping on an area of
"wet grass" material that has had "rock surface" painted on it will still make
the "wet grass" sound) a texture blender for smoothing out rough edges, and a
color selector. At far right is a drop down menu with textures-- only used, of
course, if you are using the material painter.
Undo: Undo has been implemented. It is functional in all mapper modes. Undo
will function on every change you have made to an object, but cannot function
if you have since selected a new object. There is no redo. Keyboard shortcut
is CTRL-Z Undo does not function in Surface Map Painter mode.
Con File Editor: Now you can editor your level's con files without unpacking
and repacking. The Battlecraft 1942 confile editor allows you to open and make
changes to your level's con files. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you save your
level after editing con files, your con files will be overwritten. So, save
your level first, then edit your con files (saving each individually through
the con file editor), then exit without saving the level in general. Also, I
suggest heartily that if you've made many changes to your con files you'd be
sad to lose, copy and paste them into a word document-- that way they'll be
Lock/Unlock: In order to prevent the pain and suffering of accidentally moving
an object you just spent a half hour moving into just the right position, you
now have the option to lock objects in place. In fact, objects come into being
locked into place-- you'll have to use the unlock button one of a group of
three new buttons to the right of the toolbar. After you're done jockeying
your object into place, lock it up. You can also lock all objects at once by
hitting "lock all objects".
CTRL-Click Functionality: Now when you're selecting an object inside another
object (such as an ammo box inside a house) a dialogue box will appear asking
you if you which of the two (or both) you want to select, making transportation
of your nicely-set-up houses a snap.
Nudge Tool: To ease perfect placement of objects, the nudge tool allows you to
increment very small changes to the X and Y positioning of the object. Just
select the object, select the new nudge tool from the object manipulation
toolbar (it's red, right next to the "rotate objects on the Z axis" button.
Then just click and drag, and your object will move with you... hold down CTRL
to slow the speed of movement-- and remember to lock it when you've nudged it
into just the right place.
Editor Options: You can increase or decrease your view distance through editor
options, found under "edit".
Copy To: A pseudo "save as", this creates a complete copy of your level .rfa,
named whatever you like. Note that after using this, the editor stays in the
original level. And because of the way Battlefield 1942 handles appended
filenames DON'T RENAME FILES USING NUMBERS. In other words, don't make
"My_Cool_Level2.rfa". Battlefield 1942 will treat it as an appendix to
"My_Cool_Level" and problems will arise.
Generate Material Map: Found under tools, this allows you to specify whether
materials will be auto-generated using either height or angle as a reference.
Tips: A handy bunchy of tips now display at startup. These cannot be
deselected until you have read (or at least scrolled through) all of them. We
advise reading them.
The "red orb of terrain editing" has been removed.
The terrain editing tools for carve and raise have been reworked to be
Custom mouse icons have been added for all tools.
Can now resize the level tree
Changed the name of the default theater to “Europe”
Added uninstaller available through start menu.
***-Fixed crash bug with running Test Level on MOD other than bf1942
***-Fixed crash bug on creating new MOD of same name then deleting duplicate
one in the list
***-Fixed bug with selecting "NO" in new MOD dialog upon install of BC42
***-Fixed creating new MOD with no characters in name
***-Fixed texture rendering problem on Radeon 9x Pro video cards
***-Addressed memory issues when generating by clearing surface maps
***-Fixed Mini Map to update properly
***-Fixed Offsets on Surface Map Assignments dialog
***-Fixed mini-map cursor movement in normal windowstate
|File Name: bc42_2.1_full.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 65.35 MB||Files Added: 9,781|
|Downloads: 2,473 (12 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,412,459 (60,261 last week)|
|Posted: 02.12.2003||Supporters: n/a|