Mod: WWII Reality (Release 2)
Battlefield 1942: All Downloads (260) Patches (5) | Demos (2) | Mods (136) | Maps (104) | Others (13)
This mod from Pilot_51 makes several relatively minor changes to improve realism. Changes include most weapons have been given the correct amount of ammo, muzzle velocity, rate of fire, reload time, and range of motion. Most crosshairs removed, etc.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Pilot_51
The focus of the first release was visuals and weapon realism. There are several enhancements to visuals, most notably full quality models at extreme distances and bombs visibly attached to aircraft. Most weapons (not all due to lack of research information) have been given the correct amount of ammo, muzzle velocity, rate of fire, reload time, and range of motion. For patrol boats, mines sink to hide just below the surface of the water and torpedoes are actually launched from the torpedo tubes instead of under them. There are also improvements to vehicles such as giving the jeep true 4 wheel drive or fully operational flaps on aircraft. Vehicle wrecks and dead soldiers remain on the battlefield much longer, only being limited for the sake of system performance.
Here are some of the major updates included in release 2:
* Iron sights for hand weapons
* Most crosshairs have been removed (all will be removed by release)
* Vehicles from official maps (Battle of Britain, Coral Sea, and Liberation of Caen) have been given the same treatment as the other vehicles
* There has been some modification of the menus (currently in the early stages of learning it)
* Submarines can go deeper, have an AA gun, , and more torpedo tubes have been added (there are now tubes behind the subs!)
* 'Window fog' has been removed
* Willy and Kubelwagen have working back seats and passengers can move their bodies
* Moving rudders and propellers have been added for sea vehicles
* Aircraft flaps have been fixed to work in multiplayer
* Shells for aircraft guns and AA guns
* Better cannon effects for ships and DefGun
* Better ship smoke
* Bullet marks last much longer
* Longer reload time for aircraft bombs
* Changed map titles to their actual battle names
* Land and air vehicles don't self-destruct when critical damage
* Music and background video
It is recommended that you visit the WWII Reality wiki page for complete details.
That same wiki is also being used for information that can help BF1942 modders, such as object details and game properties. BF1942 modders are encouraged to contribute.
|File Name: wwiireality_r2.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 46.53 MB||Files Added: 10,629|
|Downloads: 3,768 (10 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,085,233 (58,090 last week)|
|Posted: 02.02.2009||Supporters: n/a|