Map: Burma Bash V1.01
Battlefield 2: All Downloads (1090) Patches (24) | Demos (2) | Mods (538) | Maps (396) | Movies (44) | Others (78)
In Battlefield 2's Sino-American war, a new front has recently emerged: the US has invaded Burma (aka Myanmar), an ally of China, in hopes of denying the People's Republic strategic access to the Indian Ocean.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Burma Bash
A Battlefield 2 map by Nikoagonistes
Place the "Burma_Bash" folder into your "levels" section i.e. "C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/levels"
To uninstall, simply remove the same "Burma_Bash" folder from "levels" and the game will know of it no more.
Conquest, Coop, Single Player
16-, 32-, and 64-player settings
In Battlefield 2's Sino-American war, a new front has recently emerged: the US has invaded Burma (aka Myanmar), an ally of China, in hopes of denying the People's Republic strategic access to the Indian Ocean. Already American forces have captured the main port city of Rangoon (aka Yangon) and are heading northward towards the capital of Naypyidaw. While Burma's own forces reassemble and regroup, the Chinese launch a counterattack to turn back the American advance and eventually drive it into the sea...
This map is loosely based on the World in Conflict multiplayer/skirmish map "Paradise," with the general location and one of the factions changed.
Lots of custom static objects, better uniform, vehicle and weapon textures, plus custom weapons and pickup kits. There's also a custom plane in there as well.
I came up with the idea for this map when thinking of possible locations for a US vs. China map, looking for someplace that hadn't already been done to death by BF2 mappers already, and was at as probable if not more so than the vanilla game's locations, which seemed to have the US marines running all over Manchuria. :) Burma was selected for the above-mentioned geopolitical reasons and for the fact the theater was, for BF2, fresh.
I decided to base it on the WiC map because, frankly, I do better with at least a rough guide than with a blank slate. Though, hopefully, that will change in the future.
Since I have the United States invading Burma, the question could be asked: Why isn't the Burmese Army on the map? Well, given the equipment used by said armed forces differs from that used by the US Marines, People's Liberation Army, armies of the Middle East, or the militaries of Western Europe, a map featuring the Burmese Army would require so many custom weapons (for the small arms at least, if not vehicles and uniforms) as to warrant a mod (or at least a mini-mod) in and of itself. My purpose, at least for this endeavor, is to provide the BF2 community with a map. However, there is at least one pickup kit that does take note of the invaded nation's military forces. See if you can find it!
It should also be noted that the Blackhawk on the map sports the camouflage and markings of the US Army, rather than the Navy and Marines. The reason for this is because they were inland, the Marine would be using their own choppers or, failing that, loan some from the Army instead of relying on the Navy's helicopter force. However, the Marines use a modified version of the Huey rather than the Sikorsky chopper, so I retextures the helicopter rather than import a completely new vehicle.
Furthermore, if anyone notes that I did not change the Chinese vehicle textures when I gave their American equivalents a a makeover, this is because the PLA vehicles did not have a nonchromatic "desert" color scheme which I could destaturate and then use for a base for new camouflage.
In any case, this map has been a long time in coming. I hope you enjoy it!
- to imtheheadhunter, for his black barrels, stationary M2 .50 cal machine gun objects, and especially for making the navmesh that made this map single-player compatible.
- to Trahn Lee Liao, for allowing me to use the custom static objects and other files from his Vietnam War mod Eve of Destruction 2, without which this map wouldn't be nearly as good as it is now. (If you haven't, check out said mod at www.eodmod.org.)
- to M'Busy'Most, whose song "Chinese Lord" is featured in the loading screen of this map.
- to the Project Reality team (www.realitymod.com), for allowing them to use some of their statics in my map.
- to Tri-Tard, for letting me use his Chinese digital camouflage skins. (Said skins have since been tweaked by me.)
- to spartian117gw, for allowing me to use his Marine camouflage skins. (Much better than the default ones IMHO.)
- to JONES, for letting me use his weapon skins (specifically, those for the QSZ92, Type 95, Type 88, AK-47, M249, G36C, M4, M16A2, and MP5 skins.
- to M.Combat and Kysterama, for providing me with the fixed up version of the M82 sniper rifles that is featured in this map. (I had to tweak it a tiny bit, but the work was 99+% them.)
- to everyone on the Battlefield Single Player (battlefieldsingleplayer.com) and bfeditor.org forums, for all their help and support.
- to DICE and Massive Entertainment, for making two great games.
- to God, for everything.
Feel free to use this in a mod - just make sure to give me credit. It will be greatly appreciated.
Well, I think I've said enough. Have fun! :)
|File Name: Burma_Bash1.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 98.32 MB||Files Added: 9,781|
|Downloads: 8,738 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,411,494 (59,983 last week)|
|Posted: 25.06.2012||Supporters: n/a|