Mod: AI Extended Vietnam 1.1
Battlefield Vietnam: All Downloads (91) Patches (2) | Mods (55) | Maps (24) | Movies (1) | Others (9)
This is an update to the AI Extended BFV mod. This mod improves bots, adds the Ironsights mini-mod, and generally polishes the game.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
***BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM AI ENHANCEMENT MOD by GRENADEMAN***
Game: Battlefield Vietnam
This version of AIEV aims to greatly improve the bots, aswell as to make the game feel more polished. It also aims to make the
game more realistic and challenging for single player and COOP. This version gives the bots a massive amplification of their abilities, making them
more psychotic yet intelligent on the field of battle. And of course, modifications have been made to other things in the game, bringing a relatively new feature to BFV;
Ironsights. Prepare for war.
- THIS IS STRICTLY A SINGLE PLAYER MOD ONLY. ANY ATTEMPT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITH THIS MOD ACTIVE
WILL PROBABLY RESULT IN SOME WIERD EVENTS. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER AND THIS SINGLE PLAYER MOD,
THEN YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SWITCH THE FILES AROUND AT YOUR LEISURE. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A COOP GAME
WITH SOME MATES, MAKE SURE THAT THEY TOO HAVE THIS MOD. OTHERWISE, THIS IS RESTRICTED TO SINGLE PLAYER AND
SOLO COOP PLAY. AND YES, I HAVE CAPS LOCK ON ON PURPOSE.
- THIS MOD CONFLICTS WITH OTHER MODS. IF YOU HAVE ANY ACTIVE MODS IN BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM,
PLEASE TEMPORARILY REMOVE THEM AND PLACE THIS MOD INTO ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORIES.
*BE SURE TO BACKUP ALL FILES FIRST*
1. Extract the "aiev_1_1.zip file somewhere.
2. Copy the "AIEV1.1" folder into your %:Battlefield VietnamMods directory.
3. Fire the mod up through the custom menu and play!
1. Extract the aiev_1_1.zip file somewhere.
2. Copy the "objects.rfa" and "animations.rfa" into your %:Battlefield VietnamModsBfVietnamArchives directory, overwriting the existing files.
3. Copy the "game.rfa" into your %:Battlefield VietnamModsBfVietnamArchivesBfVietnam directory, overwriting the existing file.
4. Copy the "LexiconALL.dat" into your %:Battlefield VietnamModsBfVietnam directory, overwriting the existing files.
5. Start up BFV and play!
(Remember, alternate installation grants you the ability to play ALL maps that you have at the loss of playing other mods)
Now that all that mumbo-jumbo's over, you can go off and play. Refer to the bottom of this readme to see what's new in this version.
Battlefield Mod Development Toolkit 2.75.
Lexicon converter thingy.
Having problems? Or just want to comment?
- When using the iron sights on certain weapons, don't expect to hit your target in the first few shots. This is to simulate the real thing, such as compensating for breathing, wind, target distance and pose.
I have experience in firing weapons, such as the F88 Steyr, and its not easy to hit a target over 100 metres away, even with the scope. This isn't an issue, but I thought I'd let you know before you head out there.
- When bots fly the OH-6, instead of going from A to B like normal, they will rise up into the stratosphere and move very slowly. When they see an enemy, they'll usually speed up to engage.
- Players or bots are unable to reload in the new BTR-6O passenger positions.
- To get music on the loading screens, simply copy all the files (except "menumusic.bik") from %:Battlefield VietnamModsBfVietnamMusic into the %:Battlefield VietnamModsAIEVMusic.
Please refrain from editing my files and going and throwing them into a mod of your own, then pass them off as your own
creation. I put my bloody heart and soul into this so I deserve some respect at least!!
If you find that there is something that you are just ITCHING to change, then send me an e-mail
letting me know what you wanna change and I'll give you your answer.
Now, onto the good stuff.
AIEV V1.1 NEW FEATURES
- Bots now spawn from and can use the Tango.
- Bots now use the Zippo.
- Bots now fire from the Vespa passenger position.
- Bots now fire the tank main gun and coaxial machinegun at infantry evenly.
- Bots flying MiG21s will now strafe infantry with their machineguns given the chance.
- Bots in the Cobra co-pilot position will engage airborne targets.
- Bots flying attack helicopters has been greatly improved.
- Bots commandeering certain vehicles will now shoot at enemy occupied UAZs, MUTTs, Nancys, BM21s and Vespas.
- Bots in the Chinook co-pilot position now fire at enemy targets with the rocket launchers and grenade launcher.
- Bots piloting attack helicopters will no longer engage enemy air targets.
- Bots manning the T-72 mounted machinegun will now use the defensive smoke grenades.
- Bots are now more accurate when firing the BM-21 rocket launcher against ground targets.
- Improved helicopter transport AI; all passengers and the pilot will bail out over a landing zone. Furthermore, all other transport vehicles have been improved this way.
- Bots fly transport helicopters more effectively. (Mi8s, UH-1, Chinook)
- Bots manning Mortars are now slightly more accurate, and will fire more often at enemy targets.
- Bots flying the MiG-21 or F4 Phantom fire their missiles at enemy tanks more frequently and accurately.
- Bots no longer throw grenades at tanks or cars.
- Bots now use the Claymore against infantry.
- Bots now throw grenades at infantry much more effectively.
- Further improved AI hand weapon effectiveness.
- Bots no longer use Timebombs, C4 or TNT against infantry.
- Improved bot wrench and medpack use.
- Bots no longer fire LAWs, RPGs or SA7s at infantry.
- Bots no longer swipe the air with their knives.
- Bots will "hang around" friendly tanks and other land vehicles as if to use them as cover.
- Improved bot CQB effectiveness.
- Bots will now deploy and use mortars.
- Increased bot's accuracy with LAWs and RPGs verses tanks and aircraft.
- Further improved and tweaked many AI properties for infantry and vehicles.
- Improved free fire passenger AI; bots now open fire more often when in an open passenger position. (UAZs, MUTTs, Vespas, Nancy, BTR-60s, BM-21s, UH-1, Mi8 cargo)
- Bots are now able to target and destroy a number of vehicles properly.
- NVA/VC bots are now able to target and destroy the US Mobile Spawn.
- US bots can now target and destroy the NVA/VC tunnel spawns again.
- Bots now attack enemy air control towers and the US mobile spawn appropriately.
- Improved bot kit choosing. Bots will play as all kits for general purpose combat, but will start to deviate towards engineer and anti-tank kits when enemy tanks are present.
- All smoke grenades removed and replaced with a hand grenade.
- Brought the NVA and US Mortars back.
- Changed Allied heavy assault preview icon from the M79 to the M60.
- Special Forces and US Army primary sniper kits get the Claymore instead of the grenades.
- US Army and Marine, NVA and VC secondary engineer kits now get the Mortar tube, but lose the Wrench, leaving the primary engineer kit to handle vehicle repairs.
- Some Viet Cong kits get the M1911, to simulate the feeling that the Vietnamese had been using abandoned weapons.
- Some US kits get the Magnum as a sidearm, conversely, some Special Forces kits get the M1911 as a sidearm.
- The NVA Primary assault kits gets the Magnum for a sidearm.
- Ka-25 Hormone renamed to KA-25.
- Stationary M60 renamed to Fixed M60.
- M-113 changed to M113.
- MKII Grenade renamed to Hand Grenade.
- Claymore changed to M18A1 Claymore.
- M-110 changed to M110.
- AK-47 changed to AK47.
- Scooter renamed to Vespa.
- "NVA captured the control point" changed to "NVA Forces have taken this position!"
- "US captured the control point" changed to "US Forces have captured this position!"
- "YOUR SPAWN POINT HAS BEEN LOST. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER" changed to "SELECTED SPAWN POINT HAS BEEN OVERRUN! CHOOSE ANOTHER SPAWN POINT!"
- Increased the sound radius and volume of all hand weapons, some vehicle weapons, some soldier voices and various other ambient sounds.
- Increased the speed of the aircraft radar scan slightly.
- US Mobile Spawn health reduced from 150 to 100.
- Vehicle debris, concrete chunks, and some metal debris lasts a bit longer.
- Melee weapons can no longer kill soldiers at ridiculous distances.
- Further increased the time to live for tank wrecks only.
- When using the 3D map, all passenger and secondary icons will be dots, instead of the actual vehicle they are in.
- Removed the smoke trail from the mortar shells.
- Increased infantry health from 30 to 35.
- Crosshairs renabled for all vehicles (except unarmed vehicles and positions) and weapons.
- Infantry corpses remain for much longer.
- Modified some vehicle's critical damages.
- Increased the velocity of the BM-21 rockets.
- All tank projectiles no longer arc and now travel at faster speeds.
- Increased the velocity of the BRDM missile.
- Modified a number of vehicle projectiles to make them slightly more powerful.
- Reverted the M46 projectile type.
- Changed the Nancy Quad gun's projectile type.
- Increased the fire rate of the UH-1 Assault huey miniguns.
- The Mi8, Huey Gunship and Cobra now have faster rates of fire with their primary missile launchers.
- Reduced Assault Huey rocket ammo count to 14.
- Mi8 primary ammo count reduced to 16 for both tubes.
- Quad 50.0 ammo count increased to 800.
- Reduced M46 ammo count from 50 to 30.
- Increased The Nancy AA gun ammo count from 400 to 500.
- Cobra heat-seeking missile ammo count reduced from 20 to 8.
- UH-1 Assault Huey minigun ammo count increased to 1500.
- Increased Cobra minigun ammo count to 750.
- AC-47 minigun ammo count increased from 500 to 1000.
- KA25 machinegun ammo count increased from 400 to 500.
- Corsair, MiG 17 and MiG 21 machinegun ammo count increased to 1000.
- UH-1 Assault Huey minigun ammo count increased to 1000.
- Increased Huey Transport M60's, BTR-60 cannon's, ammo count from 400 to 500.
- Zippo ammo count increased from 400 to 500.
- Increased Zippo health from 100 to 125.
- Increased Patton health from 160 to 185.
- Increased BTR-60 health from 100 to 115.
- Increased PT76 health from 110 to 145.
- Increased M113 health from 100 to 115.
- Increased T54 health from 130 to 160.
- Increased T72 health from 180 to 200.
- Increased MiG-21 health from 115 to 130.
- Increased MiG-17 health from 100 to 120.
- Increased Corsair health from 100 to 125.
- Increased Phantom health from 100 to 120.
- Increased KA25 health from 100 to 120.
- Increased Cobra health from 100 to 110.
- Increased Chinook health from 180 to 250.
- Increased BRDM health from 50 to 70.
- Reduced Ontos health from 100 to 90.
- Reduced ZSU health from 100 to 95.
- Reduced Nancy health from 90 to 80.
- Reduced Quad 50 health from 75 to 65.
- Reduced MUTT health from 50 to 40.
- Reduced both Mi8 chopper health from 230 to 200.
- Reduced UAZ health from 50 to 40.
- Reduced Fixed M60 health from 45 to 35.
- Reduced M46 health from 80 to 60.
- Reduced Vespa health from 50 to 35.
- Reduced the health of all Air control towers from 500 to 450.
- Vehicles have a bigger and more powerful blast radius when destroyed, depending on their size.
- Aircraft bullets are now slightly more powerful and have a small damage radius.
- The BTR-60, Zippo, Tango and the M113 now serve as mobile ammo stores for infantry.
- The no-fire passenger positions in the BTR-60 are now free-fire positions.
- Reduced the weight of the Sheridan.
- The MUTT TOW launcher now has a slight kick when fired.
- Tanks now have a slower rate of fire for their main guns.
- Increased the recoil for tank main guns. Recoil for each tank is different than the other.
- The MiG21 now fires heat-seeking missiles.
- The Quad 50's radio will now automatically turn on when someone enters the weapon, and will remain on when that person disembarks.
- The UAZ machinegun now has a wider rotation.
- Modified the Cobra co-pilot camera and weapon rotations, so now the co-pilot has a wider view cone.
- The Quad 50 now has radar capabilities.
- Increased the damage of the Zippo flamethrower.
- Increased the damage of bombs and some tank guns against air control towers.
- Added explosion effect to the M46 and Quad 50 upon destruction.
- Reduced the time it takes for a tank to "drown".
- Removed the smoke trail from tank and artillery shells.
- Added a muzzle flash to the mortar tubes.
- Grenades no longer have any affect on tanks.
- Reduced the power and radius of the grenade explosion slightly.
- Increased the blast radius of the SA7 missile slightly.
- Reduced the power and radius of the M79, LAW and RPG projectile explosion slightly.
- Increased M79 ammo count to 6.
- Increased the number of magazines by one for the Magnum, AK47, AKMS, Type-53, M14, Scoped M16, M1911, M21, MAT49, Mossberg 500, Type-56, SVD and the TT-33.
- Reduced LAW, RPG2 and RPG7v rocket count by 1.
- Claymore ammo count reduced to 2.
- Reduced M60 magazine count to 3.
- One extra magazine added to the M14 and M21.
- Added one extra missile to the SA7.
- M79 now has recoil and must be manually reloaded if you have "auto-reload" turned off.
- C4 fuse increased by one second.
- Explosion force increased slightly for TNT, Timebombs and C4.
- Sniper rifles now have tracers.
- The SA7 now has a scope when zoomed in.
- All sniper rifles now have their own different scope zoom levels.
- Reduced hand grenade and stick grenade ammo count to 3.
- Grenades will explode after 2 seconds have expired.
- Modified hand weapon tracers to make them more visible.
- Certain hand weapons have had their recoil and other properties tweaked.
- The M60, RPD and DP will now overheat if fired on full automatic for too long, but each of these weapons has differing overheat levels, bullet deviation, recoil and round of fire.
- All grenades now have "recoil" when thrown.
- Reduced the velocity of the grenades slightly.
- Velocities have been tweaked for most hand weapons.
- The RPGs, LAW and SA7 now have a small kick when fired.
- Removed the smoke trail from the M79 projectile.
- The medpack now heals soldiers faster and lasts longer.
- Weapons now auto-change when they are depleted of ammunition.
- Tweaked all hand weapon bullet deviations.
NEW ironsights added to:
*****Ironsights made by Adz, credit and many thanks goes to him*******
A BIG Thanks to:
Battlefield Single Player Forums
|File Name: aiev_1_1.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 20.72 MB||Files Added: 11,359|
|Downloads: 16,721 (17 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,792,386 (33,354 last week)|
|Posted: 22.10.2007||Supporters: n/a|