Mod: Shadow 500’s Mod
Black & White II: All Downloads (101) Patches (2) | Demos (1) | Mods (55) | Maps (24) | Movies (7) | Others (8)
This mod will increase the difficulty of Black and White 2.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- List of features (Shadow_500’s mod)
[WARNING – currently there are no back ups SO MAKE YOUR OWN!]
(You may not edit this mod and redistribute it without Shadow_500’s permission, contact me at email@example.com or add me to msn, also mail your feedback to this location).
Shadow_500 is not liable for any damages or such that occurs from Shadow_500’s balancing mod. You use Shadow_500’s balancing mod at your own risk and acknowledge the fact that other parties may have tampered with the mod.
Now that the technicalities are out of the way…
Stick the balance text files in your black and white, data, balance directory where you should overwrite all other existing text files of the same name and stick the landscape BW folders in your Data landscape BW directory also overwriting files of the same name.
Further modding will be undertaken by me soon, I’ve just dipped my toes in the mighty pool of modding as yet.
List of changes
- Made enemy platoons over triple times bigger.
- Changed name from Shadow_500’s balancing mod to Shadow_500’s mod.
- Increased wood cost of all houses slightly.
- Decrease Impressiveness by half for each Greek building and tree embellishment.
- Sacrificing villagers made slightly more evil.
- Further tweaks.
- Decreased fields max size and production.
- Decreased smelter, lumber mill and granary productive capacity to slightly above default values.
Town desires changes
- Extremely small decrease in desire for sleep.
- Extremely small decrease in desire for free time.
- Reduced alter charge rate to double.
- Halved wonder charge rate.
- Tribute reduced to 1 for all tribute items.
- Killing enemy villagers with soldiers now gives a small evil bonus.
- Killing enemy soldiers now gives a teeny, tiny evil bonus.
- Converting enemy and neutral villagers with the siren now gives a good bonus.
- Converting enemies with prisons now gives an evil bonus.
- Converting neutral villagers with a prison now gives an evil bonus.
- Taking a town by force is now more evil.
- Accepting a migration is now more good.
- Damaging player buildings is slightly more evil.
- Damaging neutral buildings is slightly less evil.
- Reduced planting or unearthing of trees alignment effect.
- Healing people is now more good (especially enemy troops and villagers).
- Doubled creature max height.
- Increased fields max size and production.
- Changed all ore mines to bottomless (Infinite).
- Small increase in base smelter, lumber mill and granary productive capacity.
- Made many small adjustments to weight of objects. Most objects can now be thrown further as they weigh less (Rocks have become 100% more deadly this way as they roll nicely down hills now).
- Wonders charge much faster but a still take time.
- Alters charge mana at triple the normal rate.
- All miracles increased in mana consumption [ALOT]. (This means along with the doubled mana rate it is a worse strategy to store mana and a better bet to make sure a group is always praying at your alter instead. (Storing mana will still work to some degree but you can no longer save it then cast 50 lightning with full mana you will be able to cast 6 meteor or 12 lightning miracles without people praying still making you quiet deadly).
- Building torture pits made more evil.
- Building head on a spike made more evil.
- Building prisons made slightly less evil.
- Building meadow made slightly more good.
- Building fountain made slightly more good.
- Added 500 ore cost to alter.
- Building university much more good.
- Increased amphitheatres ore construction cost.
- Increased all markets wood construction cost.
- Increased nearly all buildings area of influence.
- Increased torture pits ore cost.
Feedback much appreciated (even negative feedback) at firstname.lastname@example.org catch me on msn or send me an email! Thanks in advance.
|File Name: s_mod_1.1.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 390 KB||Files Added: 9,425|
|Downloads: 430 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,199,110 (71,694 last week)|
|Posted: 17.04.2006||Supporters: n/a|