Patch: Patch 1.1
Black & White II: All Downloads (101) Patches (2) | Demos (1) | Mods (55) | Maps (24) | Movies (7) | Others (8)
The patch will make your save games unusable but it fixes some left issues in the retail version of the game.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- This patch addresses a few issues that were found after shipping the game to
the manufacturer, as well as a few balancing tweaks that we feel really improve
the Gameplay in the Lands. The exact changes, along with the known issues and
installation procedure, can be found in the 'ReadMe' with the patch.
A known issue with this patch is with the save system. Save games from the
retail version of Black & White 2 (i.e. Version 1.0), are not compatible with
the v1.1 patch. If you have old save games, it is recommended that they are
removed from your 'My Documents'->'Black & White 2'->'Profiles' folder before
starting a new game with the patch. This will then prevent any conflicting
problems between the two sets of save games. The above procedure isn't vital,
it is just advised. The patch is not vital either.
Save games from the retail version of Black & White 2 (i.e. Version 1.0), are
not compatible with the v1.1 patch.
If you have old save games, it is recommended that they are removed from your
'My Documents'->'Black & White 2'->'Profiles' folder before starting a new game
with the patch. This will then prevent any conflicting problems between the two
sets of save games. The above procedure isn't vital, it is just advised. The
patch is not vital either.
A. Patch Installation
To install Version 1.1 of Black & WhiteŽ 2 you will need a full copy of the
game installed onto your machine.
Double click the Black & WhiteŽ 2 Patch 1-1.exe. This will launch an installer
that will patch your version to the latest version of Black and White 2,
B. Fixes included in this Patch
- Fixed a Technical Hang on Land 3 when trying to create disciples after
killing off your population.
- Fixed the command function which cycles through platoon units to not include
- Fixed a crash involving creature/tree interaction when the tree had no town
- Fixed a creature issue which could stop the paternity suit or seven samurai
- Fixed a statistics error, after a save/load, with the number of soldiers and
archers reported in a town.
- Fixed general balance issues involving rush tactics by an Aggressive God.
- Fixed an issue involving the height at which archer's fire from walls.
- Fixed a crash involving smashing a two story skyscraper.
- Fixed a crash involving walls where a new section of wall from a previously
destroyed one could be created.
- Fixed a crash when deconstructing a wall while placing a gatehouse.
- Fixed a restarting land issue when the creature would sometimes change if the
profile has save games of different creatures in it.
- Fixed a Technical Hang with the Archaeologist script on Land 6 involving
killing a final archaeologist
- Fixed a bug where evil embellishments couldn't be built if you are a good
- Fixed a bug where Alignment could go above 100%.
- Fixed a graphical issue when adding a layer to a damaged skyscraper.
- Fixed a statistics error with Towns displaying 0 impressiveness needed to
migrate when they cannot migrate.
- Fixed a graphical bug causing the shoreline visuals to vanish.
- Fixed a graphical bug where the Ape does not morph alignment correctly.
- Added an option to skip the initial advisor speech on Land 1 by pressing the
Escape key - this will take you directly to the Creature selection.
- Added a silver scroll after the creature selection screen to skip the
- Added two development team members to credits (sorry guys).
C. Known Issues
1. PLEASE NOTE : After installing the version 1.1 patch, you will need to start
a new game for the patch to properly take effect. Your existing Black & WhiteŽ
2 save games will no longer work. Save games from version 1.0 of Black & WhiteŽ
2 will not be compatible with version 1.1 of Black & WhiteŽ 2.
2. As mentioned in the original readme, certain USB headsets may cause issues
if they are disconnected during gameplay. This is still the case. To avoid any
crashes of the game, please save and quit before removing them.
1. To uninstall Black & WhiteŽ 2 insert the Black & WhiteŽ 2 disk, and run
2. Left-click on Remove and click Next to uninstall Black & WhiteŽ 2.
3. Should this fail to work, left-click on the Start menu, select Settings and
then Control Panel. Now find Add/Remove Programs and left-click to run. Scroll
down the list until you see Black & WhiteŽ 2, select it and left-click on
Add/Remove to uninstall.
If the uninstaller fails to completely remove Black & WhiteŽ 2 (it may not, for
example, delete your Saved Games folder in "My Documents"), delete the folder
to which you installed the game. Thus, if you have used the default
directories, double left-click on My Computer, double left-click on the C:
drive, double left-click on Program Files, left click on the Lionhead Studios
folder, then right click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
This will send the remaining files to the Recycle Bin, which you will then need
|File Name: bw2patch1_1.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 106.47 MB||Files Added: 10,640|
|Downloads: 1,996 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,093,743 (56,798 last week)|
|Posted: 08.10.2005||Supporters: n/a|