Patch: Patch 1.02
This is the latest patch for Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII. It fixes some bugs which have been found and makes some changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Ubisoft Entertainment
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
Table of Contents:
I. General Information
II. Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.x
III. Technical and Customer Support
I. *** General Information ***
1. The minimum system requirements for running Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII are:
Supported OS: Windows® XP
Processor: 1.4 Ghz class processors
RAM: 256 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GF3 / ATI 8500 with 64 MB RAM DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Optical device: CD-ROM 12x or faster or DVD-ROM 2x or faster
Hard Drive Space: 6GB free space
Peripherals Supported: mouse, keyboard,
Multiplayer: LAN or Internet Connection
2. The recommended system requirements for running Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII are:
Supported OS: Windows® XP
Processor: Pentium IV 2GHZ /AMD ATHLON 2Ghz or better
RAM: 1GB RAM
Video Card: nVidia 6800 / 7800 or ATI 1800 / 1900 with 256 MB RAM DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound Card: DirectX9.0c compatible
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Optical device: CD-ROM 24x or faster or DVD-ROM 2x or faster
Hard Drive Space: 6 GB free space
Peripherals Supported: mouse, keyboard, headsets, joysticks, gamepad
Multiplayer: Broadband Internet connection
The settings application starts automatically when you launch the game for the first time. This settings application lets you modify your Graphics, Sound settings or customize the controls. This is easily done by accessing the appropriate tab of this application.
If you want to launch the application at any time you can do so from the Start menu - All Programs - Ubisoft - Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII.
- Graphics Settings tab: you can change your resolution and refresh rate settings to either increase the visual quality or the overall game performance. You can also make the game run in window mode by enabling the windowed checkbox.
- Advanced Settings tab: you can change the landscape and water detail level, object and sky resolution as well as the view distance in order to improve your graphic quality or overall performance of the game. You can also enable multithreading and disable the input from your gamepad/joystick. You can also set the language in which the game will run.
- Player 1 Control Settings: Customize the controls for keyboard, gamepad or joystick for player 1 in split screen mode. You can also choose to enable the use of your mouse (default 2) for this player.
Note: These are also the controls for the single player mode.
- Player 2 Control Settings: Customize the controls for keyboard, gamepad or joystick for player 2 in split screen mode. You can also choose to enable the use of your mouse (default 2) for this player.
- Online: you can create an online account for playing Blazing Angels online.
You can also change the graphic and advanced settings by choosing one of the three presets: Low, Medium or High to either increase the visual quality or the overall game performance.
4.The first thing to do is to create your own profile which is how you will appear in Campaign and Lan games. The profile contains information such as your name, your campaign advancement, the number of planes you have unlocked, and your rewards and stats.
Warning: The profile name is NOT used in online games. To play online, you need a Blazing Angels Online account, and you'll be recognized by your gamertag, not your game profile.
Campaign: Lead the Blazing Angels in the fiercest air battles of the WWII. This game mode is the "meat" of the single-player Blazing Angels experience.
Standalone: Not in the mood for a full-fledged mission? Try this game mode, which contains three different challenges - a mini campaign, an arcade-style dogfight, and an ace duel.
Multiplayer: Face your friends online or on a Local Area Network (LAN).
Player Profile: Manage your profiles.
Player Status: Check your stats, scores, and rewards. Your hangar and trophy room are here as well.
Options: Customize the game experience, including music and video.
Quit: Exit the game.
6. Multiplayer: Face your friends online, in Split-Screen, or on a Local Area Network (LAN).
7. Split screen: In the creation screen for the split screen mode the text "Press START to join" is present. If you want to play with the keyboard you must press the SPACE key.
8. Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII uses Bink Video. Copyright (C) 1997-2006 by RAD Game Tools, Inc.
9. Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII uses Starforce security technology. The Starforce drivers will be installed with the game and will also be uninstalled together with the game.
Note: When you uninstall Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII you will also uninstall the Starforce protection drivers.
10. For users of Windows XP: to install Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII, you must have administrator privileges on your computer system. Otherwise, the installation will fail.
11. In order to play Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII online:
Your local firewall (or your NAT one) must permit the access to all of the destination ports, UDP protocol.
Your local firewall (or your NAT one) must permit the access on the destination ports 3074 and 3075, TCP protocol.
The 20001(UDP), 20002(TCP), 20003(UDP), 20004(UDP), 20050(UDP), 20080(UDP), 20100(TCP) ports must be open and if you are behind a NAT they must be forwarded toward your system.
12. Compatibility Issues
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII was tested on a wide range of CPUs, as well as over different 30 video cards and over a dozen different sound cards.No incompatibility issues where found.
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
ATI Radeon: 8000 series, 1800 series, x850 series and x800 series
nVidia: GF3 series, GF 4 series, GF4 series (GF4 MX), GF 5 series, GF 6000 series, GF 7000 series
13. Known issues
- If you have two XBox 360 controllers connected at the same time the vibration will not work
- Some random crashes may appear when running a screen capture program on the background.
- It is not advised to unplug your controller while playing
To avoid any compatibility problems, always update your graphic card drivers to the most recently available versions.
For GeForce cards, go to www.nvidia.com . The latest drivers available at the moment of writing were 77.72 for Windows XP. For Radeon cards, go to www.atitech.com . The latest drivers available at the moment of writing were Catalyst 5.7 for Windows XP.
Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.02
1. Fixed: some issues with different joysticks functionality were fixed. The following joysticks where tested successfully: Logitech Force 3D, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Trust GM-2500 Predator, Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2, Saitek X45.
2. Added: the game now has a functioning cockpit view which is accessible using the "Change View" key. In the cockpit view the controls are changed: the follow camera's functionality is removed, the maneuvering controls change (in order to turn the plane you must roll and pitch the aircraft).
3. The Z800 hardware is now supported in-game. The z800 was tested intensively and no issues were found.
For the Z800 hardware use there are three keys used to change some settings:
- F5 - Enable/Disable stereo vision.
- F6 - Enable/Disable head tracking
- F7 - Switch left/right eyes.
4. The multiplayer issues have been addressed. The user will be able to see all the games that are playing at that time, even the ones that have already been started.
Note: You can not join an already started game.
Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.01
1. Various text in the menu system was edited and fixed.
2. Increased time-out on the "connecting" page to 30 seconds.
3. Fixed: Bug with the On-line Game Finder feature.
4. Synchronized the aircraft flying and mission start sequence.
5. Made improvements to enhance performance of game-pad controllers.
6. Fixed: Results page for "Squad Bombing Run" missions now show "wins" by the Blue Team properly.
7. Fixed: Respawn limits now function correctly in "Squad Capture Base" missions.
8. Fixed: Issues that didn't allow the player to properly complete the mini-campaign are corrected.
9. Fixed: "Squad Capture Base" missions now function properly in all cases.
III. *** Technical Support ***
If you experience any problems with the Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII, before you contact Technical Support, please make sure that you can outline the procedure by which you experienced your problem. Try to be as specific as possible when describing EXACTLY what happened. What were you trying to do when (and before) the problem occurred? What type of hardware does your computer have? What version of Windows is it running? What other programs, if any, were running at the time? These are all potential questions that Technical Support might ask you, and your ability to answer these questions will greatly increase the likelihood that your problem will be resolved. Thank you.
Also a good information source is www.blazing-angels.com.
The protection system may interfere with some firewall programs (As a result the system may stop responding). Please visit http://www.star-force.com/protection/users/ to get the latest drivers.
Before contacting Ubisoft's Technical Support Department, please first read through this file. Also browse through our FAQ listings or search our support database at our website, http://support.ubi.com. Here you will find the most recently updated information since the game's release.
Also please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, as our support representatives will be unable to assist customers whose computers do not meet these criteria.
Whenever you contact the Technical Support Department, please include the following information or have it available if you are calling:
· Complete product title (including version number).
· Exact error message reported (if applicable) and a brief description of the problem you're encountering.
· Processor speed and manufacturer.
· Amount of RAM.
· Operating system.
· Video card that you are using and amount of RAM it has.
· Type of sound card you are using.
Support Over the Internet
This is the best way to find answers to common issues seen with our games. Our Frequently Asked Questions list is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and contains the most up-to-date Technical Support information available, including patches that can be downloaded free of charge. We update the Support pages on a daily basis, so please check here first for solutions to your problems: http://support.ubi.com/.
Contact Us by Webmail
Due to high volumes of spam, viruses, and other non-support-related contacts, we no longer offer support via standard email. However, we do provide something better, webmail. By taking your questions directly through our website, we have completely eliminated all spam contacts. As a result, we are able to respond to your questions much quicker than we could through standard email. To send us a webmail simply log into our site at http://support.ubi.com/.
>From this site, you will be able to enter the Ubisoft Solution Center, where you can browse through our lists of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), search our database of known problems and solutions, and send in a request for personal assistance from a Technical Support representative by using the Ask a Question feature on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Blazing Angels, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. nd/or other countries.
|File Name: blazing_angels_1.02.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 57.43 MB||Files Added: 9,770|
|Downloads: 2,204 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,389,916 (57,560 last week)|
|Posted: 21.06.2006||Supporters: n/a|