Patch: Retail Enhancement Pack 1
The first Enhancement Pack patch includes lots of new features and several bug fixes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Cabela\'s 4X4 Off-road Adventure III Enhancement Pack 1
Unzip in a folder of your choice. Run setup.exe and follow the instructions.
New features and improvements:
- The trucks are now tuned for more torque and less acceleration and speed
- Adaptive Power Steering (APS). The steering angle now depends on truck
velocity. When it\'s lower the angle is larger and the covering velocity
is higher while on high speeds he angle is smaller and covering velocity
is lower. This greatly improves handling even for 1st time drivers.
- New automatic gearbox. The downshift now happens on higher RPMs and the
declutching is quicker. Tip: In REVERSE with an automatic gearbox, the
truck can sustain more torque for a longer time on a higher RPM, so use
this to your advantage in those tricky situations, especially uphill ;)
- Improved and more realistic rolling. The truck no longer \"sticks\" to the
ground on high angles, leading to a more cautious driving style and
more realistic situations.
- End-user editing capabilities! Our physics engine is computing all the
truck physics in real-time taking under account a large number of
parameters. Now we give access to this set of parameters to better suit
custom playing characteristics. Everything, from ABS, ETC,
HDC to suspension coefficients, rolling and gearbox ratios can be set
for each truck in a single file: Cars.lua
More information on what each parameter does can be found in the actual
file which is located in the \"C:\\Program Files\\FUNLabs\\Cora3\\EnhPack\\Scripts\"
directory if you installed the game in the default location.
- Added the \"Cora3 No Movies\" Icon in Programs->ActivisionValue->FUNLabs
->Cora3 which launches the game without playing the movies
(some video cards experienced codecs problems when playing the movies
without having the required Mpeg2 codecs)
- Detailed Cars Settings are now accessible. In the Folder \"EnhPack\\Scripts\"
(from where the game is installed) there are 3 files:
- cars.lua -> The Current Settings for the car, with some
comments (editable file)
- cars.lua.Default -> Original Cora3 Car Settings. Use them if
you want to revert to the original values.
- cars.lua.EnhPack -> A backup copy of the new cars.lua file
- Changed the \"Grass\" slider into \"Vegetation\" slider -> when modified,
the whole vegetation rendering distance is affected (the previous
slider only affected the grass)
- Fixed Hud toggle and GPS toggle when the player is outside the truck
- Fixed GPS and Compass not appearing in some difficult quests when the
player passes 6000 and 8500 points on Explore skill
- Fixed a bug where no truck hood is visible on the new bought truck if
the previously sold one had lost it
- Made the Action Menu(F1)->Stats work properly with the keyboard
- Solved a Grass rendering distance problem (the distance was not properly
set in some situations from the Game Options/Grass slider)
- Changed the stamina computing algorithm (player walking distance)
- Fixed a problem that could appear on some video cards when changing the
Shadow option from the Game Option menu and then exiting the game
- Fixed a problem that sometime occurred when buying a new truck.
|File Name: cora3_enhancement_pack.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 3.65 MB||Files Added: 10,690|
|Downloads: 6,761 (11 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,125,557 (57,024 last week)|
|Posted: 26.04.2005||Supporters: n/a|