Patch: Patch 1.51
Call of Duty: United Offensive: All Downloads (208) Patches (3) | Demos (1) | Mods (119) | Maps (67) | Movies (3) | Others (15)
This update "includes new commands for enhancing scripting, mods and tournament support, decreased CPU utilization on maps containing vehicles, and optimizations and improvements for single and multiplayer maps as well as other gameplay updates."
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- CALL OF DUTY(tm) UNITED OFFENSIVE(tm) 1.51 PATCH README
Last Updated: 2004-12-10
INTRODUCTION & IMPORTANT NOTES
This document details numerous additions, fixes, and changes to Call of
Duty(tm) United Offensive(tm) in the 1.51 patch.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use of the in-game console is not supported by Activision(r).
Please do not contact Activision(r) Customer Support with issues that arise
from using console commands in-game.
Single player save games from the retail version of Call of Duty(tm) United
Offensive(tm) will not work after the patch is applied.
It is strongly recommended that you disable any anti-virus software before
After applying the 1.51 patch, uninstalling Call of Duty(tm) United
Offensive(tm) may leave behind the following files:
* localized_english_pakuo01.pk3 and localized_english_pakuo02.pk3 (as well as
the localized counterparts)
If the uninstaller does not remove these files, you must manually delete them.
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the
Call of Duty(tm) directory be removed before installing this patch. These
modifications are not supported by Activision(r) and may not be compatible with
some of the new features that are included.
- Call of Duty(tm) does not support mods that have spaces in the mod's folder
name. Be sure that the folder that contains your mod does not have spaces;
otherwise users will not be able to download the files. For example, a mod in
a folder called "My Mod" would be invalid, whereas "MyMod" or "My_Mod" would
SINGLE PLAYER ENHANCEMENTS
- Adjusted AI behavior in Kharkov2
- Improved objective updates in Kharkov2
- Adjusted the difficulty of crossing the beginning field in Foy
- Improved voice over triggers in Sicily1
- Updated player objectives when facing German PT boats on Sicily2
- Improved AI interaction in Kharkov1
- Added "allow_jeeps" and "allow_tanks" to sv_mapRotation functionality. For
example, "sv_mapRotation allow_jeeps 0 allow_tanks 1 map mp_foy allow_jeeps 1
allow_tanks 0 map mp_kursk" would set up the server so that only tanks are
present in mp_foy, and only jeeps are present in mp_kursk.
- Added scr_vehicle_limit_jeep scr_vehicle_limit_medium_tank
scr_vehicle_limit_heavy_tank to allow servers to limit vehicle quantity
- Decreased CPU utilization on maps that contain vehicles
- Reoriented "flag taken" message in "Capture the Flag" so that it is not
covering the reticle
- Added ability to execute map and gametype specific config files. When a map
is loaded on the server, a config by the name of
_ .cfg will
be executed automatically, if it exists. If it doesn't exist, then it will be
ignored. Eg. mp_foy_dom.cfg will be automatically run when mp_foy is started in
- Can specify a config file to execute within the sv_mapRotation command. For
example, "sv_mapRotation exec mycfg1.cfg map mp_foy exec mycfg2.cfg
map_kursk". (Note: doing this will override the
_ .cfg and
prevent that config from being executed.)
- Added cvar setting for jeep/tank availability. These cvars are:
scr_allow_jeeps and scr_allow_tanks . For example, "set scr_allow_jeeps 0; set
scr_allow_tanks 0" will cause all vehicles to be disabled. The values given to
these cvar's are also available as a server browser filter setting. Clients can
then search for games without vehicles present using filter settings that are
now available on the Join Server screen. These settings are also available in
the menu when setting up a server.
- Adjusted default /RATE to 25000 (Cable/DSL). Modem and ISDN users will need
to reset their Data Rate settings on the Multiplayer Options menu.
- Added g_vehicleBurnTime cvar for vehicles, to modify the time spent burning
before they explode. Time is expressed in seconds and the default value is 10.
- Added scr_vehicle_spawn_limit cvar, to limit the number of times a vehicle
can respawn, before it disappears completely.
- Adjusted blast radius on vehicles.
- Restricted turret rotation rate on tanks, so it is independent of body
- Vehicle collisions with players now obey friendly fire rules.
- Deployed LMG now respects all collision boundaries.
- Cannot plant/disarm bomb in "Search & Destroy" while deployed with LMG.
- Filtered player & server count now shown during server refresh in browser
- Server map rotation continues without clients being connected on Domination,
Capture the Flag, and Base Assault.
- Increased MAX_CVARS to 2048, from 1024.
- Default com_hunkmegs is raised by default to a higher setting above 128MB if
the user has more RAM.
- Player bound "vsays" now work in all gametypes. To use this feature, bind any
key to "vsay X Y", where X and Y are the corresponding numbers on the Voicechat
menu. For example: \bind z "vsay 2 7" would bind the Z to "Smoke out."
- Improved collision on mp_arnhem
- Improved window bullet collision allowing players to shoot through all
windows on mp_arnhem
- Improved radio destruction radius in HQ mode on mp_arnhem
- Improved collision on mp_foy
- Improved collision and textures on mp_rhinevalley.
- Added multiple exits from spawn buildings on mp_rhinevalley.
- Improved spawn points on mp_sicily.
- Added ability to disable announcer voices. This option can be found under
Multiplayer Options and uses the cg_AnnouncerSounds cvar to toggle the option.
- The flamethrower weapon has become more powerful. It is now quite dangerous.
NOTE: Flames can now damage the user of the flamethrower.
- Corrected a display issue when server admins adjusted the scr_bas_basehealth
- Adjusted compass ranges when switching between maps.
- Optimized portals on mp_cassino, mp_uo_stanjel, mp_italy, mp_kharkov,
mp_ponyri, and mp_sicily.
- Placed additional LMG mount points in mp_uo_stanjel.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to walk around underneath most
- Players who have recently jumped into a tank must wait briefly before exiting
the tank again.
- The Team Balance feature will now wait until a player is dead before
switching him to the other side during "Capture the Flag" games. This prevents
players in possession of the flag from being accidentally swapped to the other
- Integrates features from the Call of Duty(tm) 1.5 Patch. (See below for 1.5
- Improved Vehicle Physics
Call of Duty(tm) 1.5 Patch
Players in HQ, RE, SD, TDM, and BEL games can now call timeouts. To call a
timeout, use \matchtimeout in the console. To end a timeout in progress, use
\matchtimein. These commands are bindable. (Note to mod-makers: in order to
allow your players to call timeouts, the players have to belong to a team. ex:
All time measurements are in milliseconds.
Related server cvars:
1. g_timeoutsAllowed - The number of timeouts allowed per side.
2. g_timeoutLength - The length of each timeout.
3. g_timeoutRecovery - The length of the preparation period which occurs after
a time-in is called, or after a timeout expires. This recovery period is used
to alert all players that play is about to begin.
4. g_timeoutBank - The total amount of time a team can spend in timeout.
Related client cvars:
1. ui_timeoutsAllowed - Contains the value of the server's g_timeoutsAllowed
2. ui_timeoutLength - Contains the value of the server's g_timeoutLength cvar.
3. ui_timeoutRecovery - Contains the value of the server's g_timeoutRecovery
4. ui_timeoutBank - Contains the value of the server's g_timeoutBank cvar.
Client console lock- Servers can now opt to disable a client's access to the
console by setting sv_disableClientConsole to 1. Mod creators should reference
the "Decimal Type Field" information under Scripting and Mods support.
Added g_deadChat - This server setting gives admins the ability to allow dead
players to chat with live players. Set this cvar to 1 to enable dead
Added extra vote options - Players can now vote to change the killcam, draw
friendly icons, and friendly fire settings. (These do not use new cvars,
rather they give players the chance to change existing ones: scr_killcam,
scr_drawfriend, and scr_friendlyfire.)
Voting cvars for all vote options - Allows server admins to decide which voting
options their clients have access to. Set the cvar to 1 if you want to permit
players' votes on that option. New Cvars: g_allowVoteKick, g_allowVoteMap,
g_allowVoteMapRestart, g_allowVoteMapRotate, g_allowVoteTempBanUser,
g_allowVoteTypeMap, g_allowVoteDrawFriend, g_allowVoteFriendlyFire, and
TDM scoring- Added an option to have killing teammates or committing suicide
during a TDM game reduce the team's score as well as the individual's. This
option is controlled by a cvar (scr_teamkill_penalty) and defaults to 0, which
is the original scoring method.
Private clients - The server browser now accurately displays the total number
of clients on a server-regardless of whether some of them are private clients.
The number of open private client slots is never displayed. Instead, when a
private client slot is filled, the perceived max clients value will increase.
Improved portal seams throughout the game.
Corrected an exploit that caused some servers to shut down unexpectedly.
Corrected an issue where screenshots sometimes appeared black on ATI(r)
Radeon(tm) 9800 cards
The games_mp.log file now records and formats all information properly in games
longer than 999 minutes.
The command "updatescreen" no longer turns off the ambient sound
scr_friendlyfire, scr_killcam, and scr_drawfriend are now read only cvars and
need to be setup in a config file prior to running a server. These cvars can be
changed in-game by using the voting system provided voting is enabled.
SCRIPTING AND MOD SUPPORT
IMPORTANT NOTE: Several features of the 1.5 Call of Duty(tm) patch are intended
for makers of end-user mods or to allow compatibility with certain mod
features. Most of the items listed below will only function properly with
scripting support from a mod.
Added Squad chat - Players can now be assigned to squads from script. In
script, set the "self.sessionsquad" variable to one of the squad values:
"free", "squad_alpha" or "squad_bravo". The default setting is "free". There
is a new console command, which allows players to send a message to only their
squad mates. In the console, type "say_squad
". If the player is in
a squad, his message will be sent to each of his squad mates. If he is not in
a squad, the message will be sent to each of his teammates. Finally, if he is
not on a team, it will be sent to everyone. To bind this functionality to a
key, use "\bind [key] "messagesquad"".
Increased max cvar limit for MP: MAX_CVARS = 2048
Added Script command for player speed (The "maxspeed" script command sets a
player's speed before stance modifiers. If this feature is not used, the game
functions as normal.
Ex: self maxspeed(250)
Decimal Type Fields added - Menus can now be tweaked (to compensate for the
loss of console access when using sv_disableclientconsole). Print float values
by using ITEM_TYPE_DECIMALFIELD in the menu files. Pair up the decimal field
with the cvar/itemdef you wish to set and make sure that, within the decimal
field's itemdef, there is a cvarfloat defining the field's permitted numerical
Added Autodemo - The autodemo capability consists of two script commands:
autodemostart and autodemostop. These commands should be placed in the
.gsc and the syntax of the command is this: player autodemostart();.
To enable the autodemo capability on the server, set g_autodemo to 1. To force
a client to accept the autodemo command, set cg_autodemo to 1. Autodemos must
be enabled on the server in order for the client's setting to matter-if
g_autodemo is set to 0, clients will not receive the command.
Added Autoscreenshot - The autoscreenshot capability relies on a script
command: autoscreenshot. This command should be placed in the
and the syntax of the command is this: player autoscreenshot();. To enable the
autoscreenshot capability on the server, set g_autoscreenshot to 1. To force a
client to accept the autoscreenshot command, set cg_autoscreenshot to 1.
Autoscreenshots must be enabled on the server in order for the client's setting
to matter-if g_autoscreenshot is set to 0, clients will not receive the
Added a new demo fast forward command - "jumptodemoend".
Added 'getstance()' - A script command which returns which stance a player is
in: stance = self getstance(); Returned values will be "stand", "crouch", or
|File Name: coduo_patch.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 115.88 MB||Files Added: 11,489|
|Downloads: 50,422 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,090,192 (27,352 last week)|
|Posted: 17.12.2004||Supporters: n/a|