Mod: Rise of the Reds 1.72
Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour: All Downloads (393) Patches (2) | Mods (215) | Maps (174) | Others (2)
Rise Of The Reds is an expansion mod for Generals: Zero Hour which adds the Russian Federation as a fully independent faction in addition to making extensive additions to the old factions USA, China and GLA.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Rise of the Reds – or ROTR for short – is an ambitious project that started all the way back in 2004, when Red Army started a mod that implemented a resurgent Russian Federation into the universe of Command & Conquer Generals. After a series of leadership changes first to Grazor, then to Creator, the mod saw its first release in 2006. However, the project soon fell into a lengthy hiatus and was subsequently adopted and rebooted by The Hunter of Shockwave-fame in 2008. Development was moved to what was then known as E-Studios where The Hunter and his team started to overhaul the project from the ground up, extensively redesigning the initially imbalanced and somewhat incoherent Russian faction both visually and technically. The project saw its first release under the new management, labeled Rise of the Reds 1.0 SWR Edition, in December 2008, released a follow-up instalment called version 1.5 in 2009 and gained further prominence after a merger with Sir Maddoc’s mod Rise of Europe, leading to the planned inclusion of the European Continental Alliance as a second fully unique faction that is currently in the making. Soon after the release, the development team relocated to its own independent forum at SWR Productions where Rise of the Reds along with the team's other projects has remained ever since.
The current version 1.7 was released in May 2012 and includes a wide range of features:
- A fully redesigned Global Liberation Army that makes heavy use of tunnels and guerilla tactics. Spread your underground facilities across the map and unnerve your opponent with a plethora of dirty tricks, including a kill-based secondary income and a harassment-oriented airforce.
- The steamrolling Russian Federation as a fully functioning faction with unique buildings, units and powers. Dominate the skies with heavy Hind helicopters, take the field with waves of ever-relentless Shock Troopers and crush your enemies with the unparalleled Sentinel Tank.
- Many new buildings, units and powers for the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China have already been added in version 1.5 but their arsenal is further expanded by the versatile American Bradley IFV and the missile-blocking Chinese Jammer Tower.
- A fully functioning, efficiently designed navy that is only available on maps that are specifically suited for ship combat, realised by a unique system of capturable Naval Yards that avoids the technical issues usually associated with navies in the SAGE engine.
- Several new Tech structures that can be captured to provide helpful advantages, such as Power Plants, Armories as well as all the Tech structures from Shockwave including the Airport, the Radio Station and the mighty War Fortress.
- Many of the more subtle game mechanics have been revamped, including a more sophisticated tech tier setup, an overhauled air/anti-air counter system and improved stealth/scouting mechanics.
- Plenty of new maps that have been exclusively designed for ROTR, as well as restored Generals versions of all the original maps that underwent changes in ZH.
The next version 1.8 will add the proud and pragmatic European Continental Alliance, a faction that takes defensive tactics to an extreme in order to rule the battlefield with powerful long range artillery and defy any enemy assault by means of impenetrable fortifications. Man the defences with a wide selection of rugged, well-trained infantry units, strike terror into the hearts of enemy vehicle crews with fearsome Goshawk attack aircraft and secure your victory with the indomitable Manticore super-heavy tank.
Beyond that, version 2.0 will let choose between 5x3 generals that further capitalise on the tactical themes of the factions. Unlike Zero Hour where generals were chosen during the match setup, ROTR's sub-factions will be chosen in-game at the very start of the battle, as it was originally intended in the unreleased beta version of Generals. Thus, vanilla factions in the original Zero Hour sense will no longer be present in the 2.0 version. Additional features including faction-specific naval units, two story-driven campaigns and a game mode akin to Zero Hour’s Generals Challenge will also be added along the way.
Version 2.0 will have the following Generals:
Tactical Ballistics General, General Zhukov
Advanced Weapons General, General Aleksandr
Rapid Deployment General, General Orlov
United States of America:
Airforce General, General Griffon
Tank General, General Bradley
Special Forces General, General Thorn
Peoples Republic of China:
Red Army General, General Chen
Special Weapons General Mau
Secret Police General, General Jin
Global Liberation Army:
GLA Bio Command General, General Ibrahiim
GLA Terror Cell General, General Yusuuf
GLA Warlord General, General Sulaymaan
European Continental Alliance:
Mechanized Assault General, General Wolfgang
Royal Guard General, General Willem
Fire Support General, General Charles
Credits: SWR Productions
|File Name: ROTRBetaFull_172.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 321.88 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 40,762 (31 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,384,300 (53,612 last week)|
|Posted: 05.10.2012||Supporters: n/a|