Mod: KMOD (1.4)
Company of Heroes: All Downloads (558) Patches (36) | Demos (1) | Mods (150) | Maps (365) | Movies (5) | Others (1)
This mod is definately for the action junkies out there! KMOD will bring this game to you on a much larger scale then the stock version of Company of Heros, you can expect to see hundreds, even thousands of men to die in a game of COH KMOD, as squads are
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- KMOD: Nations at War
KMOD stands for "Kyranzor's mod" which is because Kyranzor was the original creator and sole modder for the first few months. Later joined by Fiffa, the finance and administration guy, we have worked hard to create a mod that puts realism together with total carnage of proper, full scale war. Currently we have a large and dedicated team of more than 8 members, as well as a KMOD website and forum at www.kmod.org
Expect to see hundreds, even thousands of men to die in a game of COH KMOD, as squads are cheaper, larger, and more deadly than ever. With realistic (well, in proportion to COH's scale) ranges for weapons, and damage/accuracy improvements, firefights in KMOD are much more exhilerating. Using skins by talented artists such as Halftack and Blacklabel, the men are given unique appearances that make them look much more interesting than original COH. A big emphasis on combined arms has been used in KMOD, as tanks are very deadly to infantry, but infantry are just as deadly to tanks, and must always be protected from eachother. Artillary is now more common, and new doctrines for the Axis allow access to artillary such as the Gustav railway gun, and better reinforcements. Complex game mechanics like the Tank Crew for tanks (Tiger tank, untill further implementation of this mechanic) which enable the main gun and turret, when before only the driver was in the tank. KMOD maps, made by Fiffa or a 3rd party mapper are as large as possible, so allow for huge battles over large areas, instead of the close and cramped battles in the original COH.
Testing and Balancing
Many hours have been put into balancing and testing, and it is really up to the player and their tactics to whether or not they are victorious in the end. Come and play KMOD, and crush thy enemy! Of course the occasional bug or issue may slip through the cracks, but hey, nothing is perfectly balanced and the mod is hardly finished :D
Basic Mod Changes
Basic changes. note that some are outdated or changed. as well as many more added.
- new squads that are based off real life squads used in WW2 (to an extent)
- Larger more realistic squad sizes (6-12) most are 8-10 men. and some below 6 (like recon and some specialist squads)
- cheaper, stronger defences - great for defensive players!
- build times for everything lowered
- NO TRACERS for all SMG's and rifles and pistols.
- m26 pershing and Tiger buildable
- rotateable buildings!
- grenades have realistic throwing range, as well as being free. limited only by recharge time (quite short)
- NEW K98 Mauser and M1 Garand Rifled Grenades
- units cheaper, however there are limits (v1.4 onwards) to prevent huge buildups and zerging of special units
- increased range for ALL weapons - rifles, SMG, tank, anti-tank, infantry AT weapons, mortars etc..
- increased accuracy for MOST weapons. people are not THAT bad at aiming!
- tanks cheaper and weaker for US to reflect the huge amount of shermans that were used in WW2, and made Axis tanks more expensive in time and resources but more deadly
- tanks come standard with MG's.
- recon units for both teams, longer sight range.
- no manpower upkeep for squads
- camera can zoom out further to give better command over battlefield.
- wounded bodies stay on the field for longer, making medic tents a must-have.
- increased gib and death intensity
- abilities cheaper, most upgrades removed, because there are now squads that come WITH the normally upgradeable weapons
- sniper units restricted but are deadly, especially german snipers
- campaigns are more difficult due to changes to both teams. More enemy resistance and longer battles in skirmish. AI is very liberal in how many men it creates, so get ready for some crazy battles!!!! beware of mortars..
- maps and custom icons, skins, and models when relic tools are finally ( if ever ) released.
- tanks act as cover for infantry
- new abilities, such as Pak40 AT guns, British OQF 25 pounder AT guns, Railway guns,
- off-map artillery replaced by buying nebelwerfers and howitzers from off-map reinforcement abilities!
- Flak cannons and howitzers are buildable by default now!
- new vehicles - the shermans are now different variants, with and without the 76mm gun, the Puma armoured cars are now separate, one with 20mm gun and one with 50mm gun.
- halftrack varients - medic, stuka, flamer, Quad .50cal, and standard are all seperate units.
- extended medic search radius for wounded men!
- German Combat medics!
- new buildings - concrete wall defences, field hospitals, and unique german tank traps
- many more features that i've forgotten about!
Please note this version has a few bugs, i must admit, but what doesnt? we are soon to release a second patch (the first is pre-installed for your convenience) that will fix any last issues before work is done for another full-scale version.
changes since 1.39F include:
- post patch (included, dont worry) works 100% with COH v1.7, except a certain airborn mission from the campaign.
- Tank combat system revised - NEEDS WORK. Based off penetration only for killing a tank. any tank can only take 1-2 penetrating hits before it's destroyed.
- Changed unit roles in some cases (german Military police and Volks(MP))
- removed offmap artillery for both teams, replaced by (currently buggy) reinforcement ability
to physically give you the nebelwerfer/howitzer
- Weapon tweaks for semi-automatic weapons (increased fire rate)
- German Field hospital (Triage Center) that can build Combat medic and medic truck
- New skins by halftrack - very sexy :D
- A few German tanks can camouflage for nasty surprise attacks
- Aufklarer squads limited and require phase upgrades
- assault engineers/pioneers require more techtree buildings/upgrdades
- Grenade throw range greatly improved
- no count-down timers for grenades or satchel charges
- temporarily - to prevent KMOD from crashing the US airborn are now larger than normal default aiborn squads from COH
- German resource outposts now cost 150 manpower, but take longer to build.
- post patch - text fixes and crash fixing, for people who dont have 1.4's 1st patch
- lots more i cant remember (im lazy at logging changes ya see ;) )
- Relic, for their half-ass game which we all love to mod and play :D
- KMOD fans around the world for the help and input
- the KMOD development team, for all their work and effort
- Mr Bildo for his Illumination Flares and Combat Medic (allies)
- Dezztroy for the Concrete wall idea and answering my questions
- credit specially to Halftrack and Lord Beowulf (both on the KMOD team), for making KMOD look beautiful through skins and icons
- Special Credit to Sgt. D. Pilla for his assistance in coding KMOD, doing the grinding when i wasn't in the mood
- Fiffa for being annoying, but caring! (thanks fiffa, you are a great norwegian influence on KMOD!)
- Corsix, for his excellent Mod Studio tools
- communist bob for his buildable flakvierling
Contact Details and Feedback:------------------------------------
Leave feedback at
Forum: - http://forum.kmod.org
Website: - http://www.kmod.org
or mail us at
FiffA - Fiffa88@gmail.com
Kyranzor - Kyranzor@gmail.com
|File Name: kmod_v1.4patch.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 136.96 MB||Files Added: 9,770|
|Downloads: 5,344 (6 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,389,916 (57,560 last week)|
|Posted: 27.07.2007||Supporters: n/a|