Mod: Combat Medic Mod
Company of Heroes: All Downloads (558) Patches (36) | Demos (1) | Mods (150) | Maps (365) | Movies (5) | Others (1)
This mod adds a medic to the Allies.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Allied Combat Medic
Mr. Bildo (email@example.com)
For updates go to http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=112262
The combat medic is unarmed and can run around and heal infantry with it's heal ability.
Unzip the root folder of the mod and the .module file Where your game is installed.
For example, "C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\Combat_Medic\*.*"
"C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\Combat_Medic\Combat_Medic.module"
Copy your existing CoH shortcut and rename it "CoH - Combat Medic" (or whatever you like).
Add "-dev -modname Combat_Medic" to your new shortcut.
* A new ability called ally_heal_ability that allows you to heal infantry squads in a
similar way that the engineerís repair vehicles.
* New combat_medic entity and combat_medic squad. (Currently uses Medic model)
* Custom cursor to indicate "Heal" action.
* I set up the ally_heal_abiltiy to have a number of ďfiltersĒ, so it would only allow
you to heal allies, infantry, etc. One of the filters is supposed to prevent the caster
from using the ability on themselves (I thought it was too uber for the medics to be able
to heal themselves). The other filters are working, but currently the medic can still
* All of the voices and UI Icons are riflemen. Unfortunately, there arenít suitable medic
graphics and without tools, I canít edit or create any new graphics.
* Another small issue is that when you target a squad to heal, the icon will only appear
about soldiers (entities) that require healing. This is in spite of the fact that everything
is set up to target the entire squad and the healing works for the entire squad. Itís a small
thing, but itís annoying when the entire squad is spread out.
* I'm in the process of adding AI to the ability as well as the player AI build rules and
priorities. Currently the AI will not know how to use the Combat Medic.
Feel free to use this in your own mod or edit it or whatever. All I ask is that I get a head's up
via email and a nod in the readme, i.e. I'd like credit for my efforts.
|File Name: combat_medic_mod.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 179 KB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 1,229 (5 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,389,493 (57,372 last week)|
|Posted: 08.11.2007||Supporters: n/a|