Mod: Authentic Weapons Mod
Company of Heroes: All Downloads (559) Patches (36) | Demos (1) | Mods (152) | Maps (364) | Movies (5) | Others (1)
This changes tank and machine gun characteristics. See File/Full Details for specifics.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Weapons Authentication Mod
Basically I was tired of all tanks having the same range and none of them having anywhere near enough firepower, and I wasn’t a big fan of the people walking through hails of mg fire without getting hurt either. So finally I decided to do a little research and make the weapons far more accurate as far as reality is concerned.
* All tanks have far greater range ranging anywhere from 1.5x the original to the king tigers 4.5x
* Almost all weapons do far more damage and penetrate far more realistically (i.e. no more point blank Panther shots bouncing off a Sherman’s side armor.
* Some units have had their hp and armor changed most notable are the Sherman and Tiger the prior of which is now far less resistant to tank fire except in the front and latter is more resistant except in the rear where armor was weak.
* Accuracy has been tweaked quite a lot so don’t expect Tigers to miss shots very often (only elite crews were allowed into Tiger Grouppen and the guns were very accurate)
* All allied armor is cheaper because it simply was cheaper to build allied armor than it was to make panzers they also take less population which allows for use of classic 3-4:1 tactics against heavy panzer formations.
* The tank depot is also cheaper because its cost was preventing the allies from fielding anything to match the Stug IV which while not equal with the panzers is far tougher than an M8.
* AT guns are no longer amazingly powerful and can no longer destroy tanks with ease due to the fact that most tanks outrange them, outgun them since their shells lose potency exponentially as they fly, and the .5” steel plate doesn’t stop AP shells.
* Infantry AT weapons are now portrayed more accurately which will take getting used to for some since they have very different ranges and powers than each other.
* Most infantry weapons have had adjustments to their range and this makes them all far more punishing especially the mortars.
* The cost of the M1Ac 76mm gun on the Sherman has been raised due to the rarity and great effect of this gun (they weren’t available in great numbers until early 1945).
There is a shortcut in the download that should work for most people just to help out if this doesn’t work place “ –modname Weapons_Authentication_Mod –dev” at the end of your target without the quotes.
Also the file titled tips is just to help out some people with the changes this mod makes since many classic tactics that you’re used to using will be suicidal with Panthers and Tigers that can knock out Shermans from huge distances in a single shot.
This Mod only changes the weapons and units in the original CoH as soon as I find a copy of OF I’ll make a version which changes the stats of the new units to be more accurate as well.
If you have any more questions there is an excel file with all of the stat changes detailed in easy to read charts and I’d be happy to help with anything that doesn’t answer, all comments are appreciated
Anyone is welcome to use this files data with their mod but please send me a message just to I can check it out there’s no need to wait for a response. Feedback is always appreciated.
|File Name: weapons_authentication_mod.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 623 KB||Files Added: 11,451|
|Downloads: 730 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,976,983 (26,761 last week)|
|Posted: 10.03.2008||Supporters: n/a|