Mod: Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges 1.2.2 (Patch)
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts: All Downloads (206) Patches (28) | Demos (1) | Mods (153) | Maps (23) | Movies (1)
A small patch that fixes various gamebreaking stuff.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Project Leader: CelÚstial
Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges
Back to Basics is a total conversion mod, that not only adds units and abilities but also a new weapon damage and penetration system. This improves gameplay and requires more tactical assaults and defenses. Weapon ranges are also greatly increased.
for example, Infantry weapons are now much more realistic. You can no longer walk into a Heavy Machine Gun fire with just getting supressed. It will now be very lethal. However, the Machine Gun crew will die faster aswell.
Forget about walking into stationary squads, moving Infantry fire much more inacurate than stationary Infantry.
Cover means everything for Infantry. Units in Heavy Cover will take less damage than units in the out and open.
Tank Combat is realistic aswell. For example, a Tiger Tank might knock out a Sherman in 1 shot from the front. However, the Tiger's rear armor is very weak and is very easily penetrated by Infantry Anti Tank weapons and Tank fire. Moving Tanks will fire more inaccurate than stationary Tanks.
Tanks can no longer fire at point blank range, since this is not realistic.
The hull and coaxial Machine Guns are more lethal, and so are their turret Machine Guns.
Artillery is very lethal to anything. Ranges are grealty increased and damage too. All Howitzers are build in an Emplacement.
However, spamming Howitzers is not a good idea, since they take a lot of population cap.
Do not forget Howitzers are support weapons that can start an attack or cover a retreat. They are great to flatten heavy defenses and entrenched Infantry.
All weapon and engine sounds have been modified aswell to be realistic, aswell as that the tracer beams have been removed. This all has been done for reaslism.
Back to Basics: Battle of the Hegdes adds realism to Company of Heroes, to make it even better. It is compatible with Company of Heroes, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor, always with the latest patch. You do not have to own all 3 products of the Company of Heroes series to play Back to Basics.
- Weapon Sounds
- M8 Scott skin
Tankdestroyer & Team
- Sd.Kfz. 250/9
- Grille Self-Propelled Artillery
- Sd.Kfz. 251/22 "Pakwagen"
- Panther Commander (the model files)
- M2Hb Jeep
- Recoilless Jeep
- Discussing alot of stuff.
- For his great help and bug testing!
- Figuring the Tiger Tank Accessoires
Halftrack & Tankdestroyer
- Improved Jagdpanther
- M5 76mm Anti-Tank Gun
- Nashorn Tank Destroyer
- M36 Jackson
- Improved M26 Pershing
Eliw00d & DMz
- Sd.Kfz. 251 visual slots
- M3a1 Halftrack visual slots
- M8 Scott
- German .ucs file
- Polish .ucs file
1.As our improved weapon system is much more lethal, using cover is vital for infantry.
2.Stationary units have a longer sight radius than moving units.
3.Use mortars to take down Machine Guns that cover a chokepoint.
4.Tanks are vunarable to Anti-Tank weapons, like Panzerschrecks, Bazookas and Anti-Tank Guns. Support Tanks with Infantry, as they also provide heavy cover for infantry.
5.Munition points are just as important, since artillery and mortars cost munitions to use their barrage ability.
6.As Panzer Elite, build the Brute Force Kommand to deploy Shocktroopers, Machine Gun Teams and Mortar Teams. Use the Brute Force Kommand as forward barracks and reinforcements point.
7.Chosing a Commander Tree is vital in battle, pick one carefully.
8. Infantry squads can purchase upgrades near an Opel Blitz, Deuce and a Half or Supply Halftrack.
9. Command vehicles like the Cromwell Command Tank and Tiger 812 'Tiki' also share their bonuses to your teammates vehicles.
10. Off-map abilities like artillery and airstrikes can no longer be used on enemy base sectors.
Fixed Mortar Halftrack Incendiary Barrage
- Fixed that weapons dropped from Supply Drops would stack on each other. They are now spread out.
- Increased Commando Mortar Team to 4 members and a cost of 300 manpower.
- Increased Commando PIAT Team to 4 members and a cost of 300 manpower.
- Panthers can no longer crush tank traps and Hedges.
- Stormtroopers and Grenadiers can only use 1 upgrade (so for Stormtroopers it's either STG44s or a Panzerschreck and for Grenadiers it's either a LMG42 or a Panzerschreck.
- Fixed Sturmhaubitze 42 gun animations.
- Fixed Commando Sniper weapon accuracy.
- Lowered M10 Wolverine health from 590 to 450.
- Lowered Riflemen Health from 75 to 70.
- Increased Panzer Grenadier Health from 83 to 95.
- Decreased Panzer Elite Veteran Sergeant upgrade fuel cost from 40 to 30.
- Veteran Sergeant now also grants a decreased recieved accuracy bonus.
- Decreased Incendiary Grenades fuel cost from 20 to 15.
- Decreased Field Craft fuel cost from 20 to 15.
- Fixed that Medic Stations could be killed in a few seconds by rifles.
- Fixed Strafing Run.
- Fixed Assault Tank Support; it now properly calls in either a StuH42 or Ostwind.
- Fixed that Panthers had ghost crush; They would drive through hedges without crushing them. They cannot drive through hedges anymore now.
- Incendiary Grenades now also have a delayd explosion like all other grenades.
- Increased Brute Force Kommand build time from 80s to 120s.
- Anti-spam ability now also gives an increased recieved suppression to blobbed infantry.
- Mortar Barrages fired from the Brute Force Kommand now have a brown warning smoke.
- Brute Force Kommand Mortar Barrage range increased from 100 to 110.
- Strategic Points disabled by Scorched Earth can only be repaired by Infantry who have a repair abiliy.
- Drache Infantry Drop-Off now shows population cost and can no longer be used if popcap is reached.
- Fixed Heavy Armour Support; it now properly calls in either a King Tiger or Jagdtiger.
Credits: Back to Basics: Battle of the Hedges Developers
|File Name: 20110418Back_to_Basics_v1.2.2.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 4.78 MB||Files Added: 10,640|
|Downloads: 214 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,093,238 (56,980 last week)|
|Posted: 26.09.2011||Supporters: n/a|