Mod: Some What More Historic 2.09c
Some What More Historic 2.0, Map, de jure and general history mod. For a superior CK2 experience.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Welcome to the "Some What More Historic 2.0" mod(works with every patch includeing 1.05e, current version of mod is 2.09c)
What does this mod do?
Currently it :
1. adds more than 70 provinces to the world of ck2, in order to improve gameplay and historical compliance(in Scandinavia for instance, the vanilla provinces seems to be based on entities from the span of 16th-20th centry making it impossible to reflect the 11th-15th centry)
2. Tweaks the map in some(quite a lot of vanilla has been redrawn at this point) areas to make it closer to reality.
3. Greatly reduces the number of 2 counties duchies.
4. adds a carefull chosen selction of de jure duchies, kingdom and empires.
5. Changes de jure compostion to better reflect historical reality. As of 2.05 the stem duchies of the HRE(not counting thürigna), and Carinthia has all been promoted to kingdoms(Still named as duchies, except carinthia which for some reason won't use the correct title). The HRE de jure, should now be represented as historical correct as possible(still have minor work to do on Swabia, Salzburg/Innsbruck and lower lorraine)
6. Supplies the norwegian provinces, counties and baronies with their propper norse names(will be expanded to include Denmark and Sweden and the scandinvian duchies( currently working on danish baronies....)
7. Some unique, and culture specific form of address/titles have been added
List of added provinces:(many other provinces have been redrawn and or renamed)
Norðurland(from terra normanium)
Namur(from the lowlands mod)
Limburg(from the lowlands mod)
Zutphen(from the lowlands mod)
Oversticht(from the lowlands mod)
La Roche(from the lowlands mod)
Chiny(from the lowlands mod)
Reggio nell Emilia
Meirionnydd(from Wales divided)
Ceredigion(from Wales divided)
Pembroke(from Wales divided)
Brycheiniog(from Wales divided)
Maelienydd(from Wales divided)
Powys Wenwynwyn(from Wales divided)
Berroc(from saxon England)
Buckingham(from saxon England)
Mersey(from saxon England)
Isle of Ely
Just like the de jure changes, there lies an exstensive bit of research behind the forming an composition of each county/provinces(for the reigion around holstein for example I used 8 different maps and a boat load of historical sources from diffrent natonalities in order to make the provinces), that said, due to the scale of this project I will enviably have made a mitstake or two(for poland I had a very hard time getting hold of propper maps and sources that wasn't in polish or at least readable without an exstensive explination in polish(if any one from poland would be kind enough to help me, I would be very much obliged!), and in byzantine anatolien it was almost impossible to get hold of any sources of which smaller cities etc. belonged in which provinces(hence I only used barronies form vanilla and split those randomly between the provinces) apart from those two areas everything should be in order
I plan to use the thread from my old mod http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...of-de-jure-MOD as a sort of wiki for the diffrent enteties that I have put in the game.(it isn't up to date yet, but most of the duchies, kingdoms and empires are explained)
|File Name: swmh2.09c.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 11.12 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 4,216 (15 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,354,497 (41,772 last week)|
|Posted: 11.05.2012||Supporters: n/a|