The purpose of CK2+ is to create a broader, deeper, more challenging and more balanced CK2 experience without straying too far from the original game mechanics or tacking on deterministic railroading events and modifiers. The purpose of this mod is not hi
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- CK2Plus for Crusader Kings 2
Author: Martin "Wiz" Anward
Credits: Glassmage (Cultural cities 1.091 integration), Necroskowitz (Jewish ruler titles), Hoodinski (Eastern European dynasty names), Werther, River, Faelron, Duc Toto du Haricot (French Translation), Arko (ARKO Pack), zeek40 (Scripting and event writing), idib816 (Jewish Cultures), Sleight of Hand (Breton Names), Slim Jim Pickens (Culture Buildings), Maestro Ugo (Lupus Agnum), Elryck and Arko (Mercator Mod), zeress (Flavorful Titular Titles, German Localisation, Divided Muslims scenario), Viscardus (Cornish Characters, Anglo-Norse Culture), Cetan (Expanded Character Tooltips), Crackdtoothgrin (Crackdtoothgrin's Graphical Goodies), Spartan_One (Mod File Hosting), Peuri (Little Portait Mod), Trovador and thrashing mad (Enhanced Portraits Mod), EmperorTojo (Icelandic Culture Mod), Ijtzoi (All the Way to Timbuktu), Syren (Syren's Nicknames Mod), mate0815 (Better Looking Characters integration), Shaytana (Better Looking Characters), EOOQE (German Localisation), Keanon (Patrum Scuta), Wappenwiki and Solo_Adhémar (Patrum Scuta Graphics), Zaldax (An Offer You Can't Refuse), Velho e Bom Joe (Culturally Different Cities), Icecream Jones (flags, new countries), Strudel Man (many tweaks and additions), NoNotTheMindProbe (russian kingdoms), pothkan (CK2 heraldy mod), The_Chancellor (Council Reshuffling mod), avee (Family Relations Mod, Better Rebels mod, Death Causes mod), Sniper4625 (misc graphics), Van Diemen (HRE Revised Mod, Youth traits), riso (Treaty of Nymphaeum scenario), Six Gun South (PMM)
* Installation *
1) If you have an older version of the mod installed, delete those older versions first.
2) Unzip to your Crusader Kings II game folder OR the Crusader Kings II my documents folder.
3) Make sure the mod was extracted to the correct folder. Inside the 'mod' folder, there should be a CK2Plus.mod file. If there is not, and instead another 'mod' folder, you extracted the mod incorrectly.
4) Unzip any Hotfixes to your Crusader Kings II folder (same place you installed the mod in step 2).
5) Start the CK2 launcher and check 'CK2+ X.XX' in the list of mods.
6) Check any optional modules you want to use along with CK2Plus.
7) Hit play.
* Disclaimer *
CK2Plus is a collaborative effort. While most of the work is done by me personally, it also includes parts of many other mods (see credits for full list). You are free to use any part of this mod in your own mods as long as you give due credit to the creator of said part.
* Features *
- 'Shattered World' scenario with the world divided into independent counts, featuring over 500 new playable characters.
- New faction system where vassals are members of permanent factions with multiple goals and moods, making factions into an exciting aspect of internal politics that can be both good and bad, instead of just being glorified plots.
- Rebalanced levies and laws that reduce the military capabilities of large kingdoms with weak authority (like France or the HRE).
- Reworked difficulty system: Instead of giving flat economy bonuses to the AI, higher difficulties means slower expansion, slower and costlier warfare and more dangerous plots and revolts for the player.
- Reduced fertility/health and altered attributes for old characters: 80-year olds will no longer have a new child every year while leading their armies from the front, and characters that live to very old ages are suitably rare.
- New tyranny system that assigns reasonable but noticeable penalties for imprisoning, banishing and executing characters and allows for more leeway in dealing with traitors.
- Crusades can result in independent Crusader states with a special truce that makes them able to survive their first few years. A Crusade for Jerusalem will now much more closely mirror the historical First Crusade with an independent Jerusalem being created.
- Holy Wars cost piety to fight, so that the general rate of expansion in Iberia and the Middle East is slowed. Overseas Holy Wars cost a large amount of piety, and the AI will largely avoid fighting them. Crusades/Jihads are not affected.
- More lethal diseases and battles, making medieval life the violent and uncertain existance it should be.
- It is now more difficult but also more rewarding to raise your crown authority.
- Tweaked succession laws to make it possible for non-Basques to use Absolute Cognatic. Authority requirements for other succession laws have also been eased.
- Women of your dynasty can hold some council positions under Cognatic or Agnatic-Cognatic laws.
- Many more ambitions and plots.
- More provinces and sea zones.
- Many minor and major balancing tweaks for a more challenging and enjoyable experience.
- Many more Kingdoms and (Titular) Empires to create.
- More mercenaries and holy orders.
- More cultures.
- German and French localisation.
* Future Plans *
- Non-Christian versions of personality traits with different piety (for chaste lustful etc).
- Grand Banquet event where you can invite neighbours, friends and allies instead of just vassals.
- Rework child education events to be more restricted by your traits, and more balanced between the options instead of there always being one 'best' option.
- Executing characters gives landed relatives of theirs the option to ask for blood money - if you refuse, they can send assassins or launch a blood feud war against you.
* Optional Modules *
Use any combination of the following:
- 'Vanilla Aztecs' will make the Aztecs from Sunset Invasion appear in virtually every game as in vanilla, instead of only appearing in 10% of games (CK2+ default).
- 'Gender Equality' makes women eligible for any position on the council and allows them to inherit on the same grounds as men.
Use only ONE of the following:
- 'No Assaults' disables all assault, for players who prefer a non-suicidal AI.
- 'No De Jure Drift' disables de jure drifting.
- 'No Drift & No Assaults' disables both assaults and de jure drifting.
Use only ONE of the following:
- 'Shattered World' divides the world into either independent counts or small independent states, depending on the start you choose.
- 'Divided Muslims' divides the Fatimids and Seljuks into mid-sized states, for players who would like to have more options on Muslim states to play.
* FAQ *
Q: Are there supposed to only be two de jure empires?
A: Yes, Empires are mostly titular in CK2+. See Help and Tutorials for details.
Q: I am experiencing issues with save games not loading/lag/slow load times/graphical glitches. How can I fix this?
A: CK2 might be running out of of memory. If you have more than 2gb of RAM, use the fix here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?535848-FAQ-MEIOU-TD-Important-info-2Gb-Fix-Tutorial (only do it for ck2.exe instead of eu3game.exe) or this alternate method: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556. It's generally a good use to use this fix even if you are not experiencing any issues, as it will prevent problems with large save games from long campaigns.
Q: Is the Catholic world supposed to start at 0 tech?
A: Yes, starting tech was lowered across the board to give Pagans, Armenians, Ethiopians etc more of a fighting chance against Catholics/Muslims.
Q: Why isn't the option to fabricate claims available?
A: You need to have at least 0 prestige to fabricate claims.
Q: Why don't get I get Kingdom de jure claims?
A: You need Medium or higher CA to press Kingdom de jure claims.
Q: Why can't I declare Holy Wars/Why am I losing piety when I declare a Holy War?
A: Holy Wars cost piety to fight.You need to have at least 100 piety to declare war on neighbours, and at least 250 to declare war on distant enemies. You can bypass this requirement and cost by getting sanction from your head of religion via the decisions menu.
Q: How can I get rid of rebels in a province?
A: Send your marshal to suppress revolts. They will also go away on their own after five years.
Q: Can I play CK2+ multiplayer?
A: Yes, but you must ensure that all players are using the same set of optional modules. You can't have one player playing with No Assaults and another without, or someone playing with Shattered World and someone else playing without, and so on.
|File Name: CK2Plus-1.33.15.zip|| Author: wizzington
|File Size: 27.35 MB||Files Added: 1|
|Downloads: 4,085 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 4,085 (1 last week)|
|Posted: 07.02.2013||Supporters: 25 (+1 Add)|