Mod: Oblivion NG 1.1
Doom 3: All Downloads (469) Patches (5) | Demos (2) | Mods (352) | Maps (106) | Movies (1) | Others (3)
An update to the Oblivion NG mod. This is largely a graphics and sound mod. See full details for a better idea of what it does.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Oblivion Modification and Tweaks (NG version) for D3 now updated by Dafama (6-1-2008).
Oblivion mod for D3 originally developed by Unknown/Anonymous.
- A new item: the flare grenade, to momentarily light up the darkest corners on Mars...
- Original weapons and player's capabilities modified for a more balanced gameplay (in both SP and MP).
- Added various effects, minor graphical tweaks and sound effects.
- New binds: press "f4" key to toggle the thirdperson view, "'" to show/hide the HUD and "z" to toggle
bullet time (1/2 timescale)!
List of latest changes on the special NG version (updated by DFM) of this mod:
v1.1 - Public full new NG release by Dafama2k7 (2-1-2008).
- Weapons can reload only when the clip is empty !
- Fixed weapon shotgun fire sound.
- Almost removed pistol spread.
- Shotgun Crick Crack melee added ! :D
- D3_Alpha cursor used.
- Fixed BFG, Chaingun and Machinegun GUIS backcolor bug.
- Plasmagun can explode the flares and grenades now. (And any weapon that has damage_splash.)
- Bettered the configs.
- Optimized the flare particle.
List of important changes:
v1.0 - Public full release by Unknown/Anonymous (2004).
- The new flare item and the handgrenade share the same ammo type.
- Damage tweaked for all the weapons: fists and flashlight lowered, plasma has been increased,...
- Ballistic changes for all the weapons: accuracy modified, velocity of all projectiles modified,
gravity and air friction now alter all non-energy projectiles,...
- All projectiles including bullets are launched from the barrel of the gun, which was not the case
- Only plasma, rocket, BFG, handgrenade, soulcube and chainsaw can gib characters.
- Weapon script changed for all the weapons.
- Added a light shader for plasma and chaingun tracer.
- Lights caused by any explosion now slowly fade.
- Muzzle flash radius increased.
- Sounds changed for the machinegun.
- HUD changed: player can no longer see the ammo in clip of the weapon, only the total amount of
ammunition is displayed.
- GUI weapons changed: the various weapons' GUI no longer display the total amount of ammunition.
- Player movement lowered in both SP and MP: the crouch, walk and run speed have been decreased.
- Max ammo for all the weapons decreased.
- In MP, players now start with a flashlight, a pistol, a machinegun, handgrenades and flares by
- Controls Menu changed according to the new weapon list.
- Weapon list changed: (by order) fists, flashlight, pistol, shotgun, machinegun, chaingun,
plasmagun, rocketlauncher, BFG, handgrenade, flare, SoulCube, chainsaw.
- The option "g_projectileLights" "1" (def.) must be enabled... otherwise, the flare will not work!
- You should re-configure the controls according to the new weapon list
Known issues (old):
For any non-english version of Doom3, the name of the new flare item will not be displayed correctly
on the HUD. It needs to be translated first...
Here is how to fix this minor issue:
- Open the zpak000.pk4 with any software that supports .zip format.
- Open the file .lang inside the "strings" directory with any text editor.
- Add the following line: "#str_01422b" "Flares".
Note from Dafama...: This bug is already fixed and we, the users don't need to do anything said in
the previous known issues section.
|File Name: oblivion_ng_v11_full.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 13.02 MB||Files Added: 9,776|
|Downloads: 67 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,400,377 (58,049 last week)|
|Posted: 12.02.2008||Supporters: n/a|