Mod: Brilliant Highlights NG 0.3.2
Doom 3: All Downloads (473) Patches (5) | Demos (2) | Mods (356) | Maps (106) | Movies (1) | Others (3)
The latest version of the Brilliant Highlights NG mod originally by Maha-X and now being updated by Dafama2k7. This version focuses primarily on lighting. See File Details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Brilliant highlights NG mod by Maha-X
Note...: Do not confuse with the BHNG mod also originally made by Maha-X and constantly updated by me, both are based on the same techniques but with some very important changes, so i decided to update both on a different mod everyone.
v0.3.2 - Full public release mod, trying to make an already excellent work by Maha-X
even better !!!
- Mixed the best features of the interaction.vfp and test.vfp together to create an AmazinG BHMOD NG shaders, with 25% NEW code, both versions ATI/Generic and NVidia only.
- Better lightning, specially for ATI/Generic version this time !
- Updated the ambient light and bumpy environment a little.
v0.3.1c - NOW updated by DFM (Dafama).
- Added the TheRealSceneGraphManager Chromatic Dispersion Heat Haze shaders.
- Added Maha-X new techniques.
- Added latest NG shaders techniques !!!
- Removed a bug and bettered the BH code a little.
- Added latest Enhanced shaders techniques, (i can't add the
latest NG shaders techniques to BH :( at least at the moment.)
- Removed plastic look & added Metallic look !!! (by DFM).
Past versions by Maha-X
0.3.1c (small update by Dafama)
What is it?
A modified shader for Doom 3 and RoE that updates Doom's graphics to a more modern day level.
This new version should correct problems with the new 8000 series Geforces also.
# HQ specular highlights #
- Power function based falloff
- Dynamic falloff (shinyness)
- Specular map masking
- Per-pixel Halfangle math
# HQ Normalmapping #
- Normalmap normalization increases bumpmap quality
- Normalmap filtering reduces specular aliasing
# Other FX #
- "Backlights" add realism by casting subtle light behind objects, as in reality, light tends to reflect and shine back from surfaces it hits.
- "Pocket shadows" creates shadows into the dents of the bumpmaps.
Untested for Radeon hardware! Should work "by the specs" but this hasn't insured anything in the past.
So how do I install?
Option A: Create a folder to your Doom 3 directory (name it "bhmod" for example) and extract this package there. You can then access the mod trough the Doom 3 mods menu. Use this option if you play online (servers wont allow permanent mods)
Option B: Permanent install (more like "allways enabled"). Extract the file "z_bhmod.pk4" to your doom3/base folder. The mod will then be automatically (and allways) installed.
RoE: Extract the file "z_bhmod.pk4" to your doom3/d3xp folder.
Brilliant Bloom update:
Copy the interactions.vfp from this package's glprogs folder to your brilliant bloom's glprogs (overwriting the old file).
Activate normal drawing adding in Autoexec.cfg the line...: set cm_drawNormals "1"
Option A: Delete the folder you created above.
Option B: Delete file "z_bhmod.pk4" from your doom3/base folder.
RoE: Delete file "z_bhmod.pk4" from your doom3/d3xp folder.
Sure; mail me at maha_x [AT] hotmail [DOT] com
See Doom 3 eula. Also, if you want to use my mod, ask. Not that I wanted to say no, just that I know. And credit me where required.
|File Name: bhmod_ng_v032_d3_full.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.21 MB||Files Added: 10,675|
|Downloads: 444 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,107,425 (58,084 last week)|
|Posted: 08.07.2008||Supporters: n/a|