Patch: Patch 1.3
Doom 3: All Downloads (469) Patches (5) | Demos (2) | Mods (352) | Maps (106) | Movies (1) | Others (3)
This patch will update DOOM 3 to version 1.3.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- DOOM 3 1.3 Released
The 1.3 patch for DOOM 3 and updated SDK are now available on the id FTP
server , on http://www.doom3.com  and on the torrent tracker .
Please refer to the documentation after installation for a complete
list of changes since version 1.0.
The Linux update adds support for DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil. See the
Linux FAQ  for installation instructions.
The updated SDK also includes game source code for the Resurrection of Evil
expansion pack. New features in 1.3 have been documented in the Linux FAQ .
Fixes & Updates in 1.3:
- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by
Creative Labs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX
4.0 compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card
manufacturer for details on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0
feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta Drivers for
the card released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result
in game instability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has
- New class of .pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map
is loaded in.
- .pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure
server mode' filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a QuakeIII-style graph of the connection quality for network clients
controlled with net_clientLagOMeter cvar
displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server
note that you can change the minimum predict ahead of a client by
Changes relevant to mod developers (SDK):
- Added UploadImage to idRenderSystem interface. This lets the user blit
images to the renderer.
- Supports fs_game_base; this lets you base a mod off base game + d3xp +
your own content.
- Most of the download redirection is handled in the game code, and can
- ALSA device opened non-blocking to avoid hangs.
|File Name: d3_1_3.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 32.41 MB||Files Added: 9,774|
|Downloads: 7,961 (6 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,396,641 (57,390 last week)|
|Posted: 24.05.2005||Supporters: n/a|