Mod: DarthMod Empire Commander v6.9
The Darthmod team have released a new update for their popular Empire: Total War mod, which brings it to version 6.9.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Special new in version 6,9
* Mortars less accurate. The garrison mortars were very accurate so this had to be addressed.
* Fire-By-Rank reload penalty reduced.
* Broadside damage bonus reduced.
* Edited again the notorious xholds parameters in kv_rules tables (previously they were all made zero by me). This clearly seems to produce a very good effect in Battle AI. It becomes more determined and aggressive (much less back and forth). Also, the battle mechanics change and you see much more lively melees. This new setting needs your full testing in battles.
* Returned the grappling hooks for infantry. I tried, you insisted, it did not work. The poor AI cannot handle this and we want it to be better and more challenging. There is no fort lag with the latest additions of DarthMod so by returning the ropes back, you will get a far more challenging battle and campaign experience overall.
* Added limbering ability for fixed cannons (The fixed cannons were not working correctly in sieges and also it is ridiculous not to have them in reinforcements).
* Made some slight accuracy balance for cannons (Sakers became more accurate, demi-cannons less accurate).
* Improved the response of infantry (move, shoot etc.) as it was asked many times. Now the infantry can shoot in time (The AI also) before a charge.
* Made a brave new change to parameters of battle_entities files that were for much time untouched as they were balanced in a different way. Changed the value of the 8th column from the left in battle_entities file. This I have understood is the "locomotion speed". It affects how quickly the formation of the unit moves around its center (If you fantasize a unit length as a snake then it affects how quickly is the movement of the body of the snake that walks as a wave). Also I modded the 5th and 6th columns of the same file. These values affect the acceleration of the unit as I know (acceleration and deceleration respectively). Also, many other parameters were changed like radiuses, targeting angles (removed 360 degrees of light infantry because it made it to form strange angles automatically), masses, radiuses, models etc. All these clearly have transformed the battle system, both in melee mechanics and musket behaviour.
* Turn rate of infantry increased (Affects reactions and fire delay).
* I decided to change the parameters melee_height_delta_max/min. These values control a "tractor beam" which drags the troops to the center of the melee. The less it is, the more chaotic the melee becomes. For compensation, because melee lethality has changed due to that, I balanced some melee factors in the same file (kv_rules). The outcome of all the above affects the battle greatly, makes the AI more challenging, to react and musket more.
* More GDP and research bonus for the CAI to make it more challenging.
* 5th and 4th rate made available earlier in shipyards and also 6th rate made available to late trade and fish ports. I tried to override vanilla building units allowed tables so to make sloops, brigs, 5th rates unavailable to high tier shipyards (and encourage the AI to build bigger ships) but the engine did not allow it.
* Made the AI priority to save money very little (hoping that it will use more money for repairs and development).
* Changed some animation values to improve the musket/aim animations. Basically I changed the value of blend_time from "0" to "1". The vanilla zero value seems to cause problems. Also I corrected some very high values of animation mods added to DarthMod after 6.0 version, which caused delays of reactions for no reason (inspired by many users feedback about this). These new animation settings create a miracle to the battlefield, as the AI responses are greatly enhanced and it becomes MUCH more challenging.
* Changed the CAI weight system to encourage more development, research, naval actions and spies attacks.
* All naval units have lower upkeep cost to encourage the CAI to prefer the strongest ships. Also the unit limit of 5th rates and all admiral type of ships is reduced.
* Most naval limits removed, including those of trade ships.
* Experimenting with a new value in unit_tables (3rd from the right). Does this value affect the priority for the AI to build the unit? It needs testing or an answer from someone who knows.
* More usage of trade routes by the AI (Hopefully) and less spamming of trade ships.
* A lot of new animation tweaks for better reaction of troops. Removed some extra animations that caused delays as well. Thanks to "elianus", "Hofan" and "Lordsith" for designating the units and animations that had the problem.
* Demand for special trade products increased globally.
* Increased the trade bonus per turn for steady trade agreements with nations.
* Reduced the build times of ships (now max=2) to encourage the CAI to build more ships and also to quickly go to trade theaters.
* Possibly corrected a DMUC bug which made some line infantry to fire more slowly than normal. The DM does not have this issue (needs testing).
* Experimenting for the first time with the file "battle_type_setup_limits", possibly affecting BAI battle priorities per army type (?). You must test battles to see if the new settings have a better effect in battles. Maybe for example it considers its army with 4 artillery pieces as strong in artillery and choose other hidden tactics. Previously the vanilla value was crazy high... 12!
* Fixed some errors (hesse-cassel grenadiers not able to form square-vanilla error, magyar grenadiers more loose formation etc.). Thanks to "elianus" and Hofan for the feedback
* Returned the "value analysis horizon" parameter to its original setting (Maybe it caused CTDs and corrupted saves on late turns (Needs testing).
* Disabled the axe throwing ability of native americans because it made them useless against line infantry (due to the ridiculous fire by rank animation they had).
* Reduced the deployed ranks from 6 to 4 to favour the AI musketry. If is is 3 then the unit formations stretch too much and the probability of the "leap frogging bug" increases very much.
* Increased the government buildings tax bonuses to make them more useful comparing to barracks.
* The increased agent movement points are reverted to vanilla (the related file probably caused CTDs to some users).
* New animations and some latest tweaks to refine the whole mod to perfection, with the valuable aid of Hofan.
* Unified and optimised the locomotion speed of units.
* The melee height parameter has no max and min, and this makes the melees better.
* Government effects changed to increase rebellions and clamour for reforms but not so much so to cause difficulty to the CAI.
* Fluyts and Galleons characterised merchant ships so that the CAI uses them in the trade theaters. Before they were characterised ships of the line so the CAI preferred to build them instead of the actual big ships.
* Rockets reload rate reduced.
* Unit icon of East Indian Lancers showing Native Indian Cavarly (Vanilla bug) partially fixed by giving a more relevant unit icon.
* The campaign missions automatically success for the AI after 120 instead of vanilla’s 5 turns. For example the 13 colonies will join AI Britain after 120 turns instead of 5.
* Fixed the 3 turn and 4 turn per year option for Ultimate Late Campaign (DMUC related).
Credits: DarthMod Team
|File Name: 2011_03_03_DarthMod_Empire_69.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 94.82 MB||Files Added: 9,436|
|Downloads: 3,452 (5 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,219,167 (68,575 last week)|
|Posted: 06.03.2011||Supporters: n/a|