Mod: Wheels of War 0.2 (Alpha)
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: All Downloads (52) Patches (9) | Demos (3) | Mods (28) | Maps (5) | Movies (7)
Alpha release of the total conversion Wheels of War from the Wheels of War development team. This is a multiplayer mod that tries to emulate and modernize the old 90's game Carmageddon. See File/Full Details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Authors: WoW Development Team
With Wheels of War, we want to bring back the awesome feeling when playing Carmageddon all those years ago - the initial racing, the wasting of other cars, collecting power-ups, insane stunts and running over zombies. There will be powerups/powerdowns, a credits system, upgradable cars (via armour, offensive, and engine characteristics), checkpoint style racing (i.e, ability to roam), destructable cars, and a stunts system. Note that this is not a port/clone or rip of Carmageddon. We are taking it's single player concept, evolving it to multiplayer, and creating a whole new environment for it to exist in.
A game design document has been released to the public on the website focusing on our Free For All Campaign game mode here.
We have many other modes planned, but our first alpha release will focus on this one.
Features of Interest (Note: All are not available yet, but will be implemented in due course):
* Zombie ragdoll effects.
* In-game soundtrack featuring Intro/Fadeout, Jack Glass, LucienNine Inch Nails.and
* Dynamic campaigns via track voting.
* Large library of powerups.
* Multiple gametypes.
* Intuitive, simple graphical iterfaces.
* Voiceover system.
* Locational VOIP support.
* Improved controller configuration options.
* Game statistics and awards.
* User defined music directory with shuffle.
* Ground-breaking radio commentary which adapts around user defined music.
* Offline mode to practise stunts and adapt to vehicle handling.
* Selection of vehicles to choose from, each with thier own differing sets of charateristics.
* In-game live upgrading of vehicle armour, offense and engine properties.
* Involved stunt system, with ambition-based rewards.
* No set theme. It allows us to focus on gameplay at this early stage rather than looks.
* Overhauled vehicle sound effect system.
* More features to be decided upon...
* clientTeam command blacklists gdf and strogg team names when not in developer mode.
* added in automatic megatexture download system.
* ETQW 1.5 compatible.
* Script source included for custom map content
* support for wowar_.entities and other options to help custom map makers.
* Race Mode Maps Added:
* Quarry 3rd checkpoint (small) indicator lamp brought closer to main checkpoint as it did not reflect the checkpoint trigger point correctly.
* Added Optimus Crime SKULLS!
* Added Waroeels
* Added Wee-Evil
* Vehicle handling (hopefully) improved a bit
* No Changes.
* Initial Version.
* Ranked stats servers.
* Hud shows current time, best lap, last lap.
* Hud shows number of completed laps, instead of current lap as per DM mode.
* Scoreboard shows best lap instead of XP.
* Vehicles do not collide with each other.
* No credits awarded for laps/checkpoints.
* Powerups are disabled.
Ranked Stats Servers:
* Ranked Server cvars are not locked, but if they do not conform to regulations then stats are simply not sent.
* Only Dedicated Internet Servers and lan servers which have forced auth.
* Stats Centre for global and per-server race laps.
* GSP centre for adding and modifying server details.
* GSP Licence Request area.
|File Name: WheelsofWar_alpha_02.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 185.85 MB||Files Added: 9,382|
|Downloads: 1,096 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,162,429 (84,890 last week)|
|Posted: 24.06.2008||Supporters: n/a|