Mod: Portable Mattress 1.0.1
This mod from Antistar adds portable mattresses to Fallout 3, enabling your character to sleep wherever you want.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Author: Antistar (Joseph Lollback)
E-mail: josephlollback at hotmail dot com
4. Playing the mod
5. Save games
6. Conflicts/Known Errors
8. Modder's Resource Info
9. Contact and Information
10. Legal Stuff/Disclaimer
11. Version History
This mod adds portable mattresses to Fallout 3, enabling your character to sleep wherever you want. (This is particularly useful if you also use a mod that adds the need for your character to sleep regularly). Carry it in your inventory, and drop it when it's time to sleep...
- Fallout 3
- Extract the contents of the PortableMattress.7z archive file to your Fallout 3Data directory.
- In the Data Files section of the Fallout 3 Launcher - or using a tool like Fallout 3 Mod Manager - place a tick in the box next to PortableMattress.esp.
- If updating from an earlier version of this mod, simply replace the PortableMattress.esp in your Fallout 3Data directory with the newer one included in the PortableMattress.7z archive file and resume your game. No other steps need to be taken.
- It should not be necessary to do anything special in-game before uninstalling this mod.
- In the Data Files section of the Fallout 3 Launcher - or using a tool like Fallout 3 Mod Manager - clear the tick in the box next to PortableMattress.esp.
- If desired, delete all files copied to your Fallout 3Data directory during installation (check the PortableMattress.7z archive file to identify these files).
4. PLAYING THE MOD
Portable Mattresses can be bought from general merchants in:
- Rivet City
- Tenpenny Tower
To use the mattress, drop it from your inventory by right-clicking on it. This will drop the mattress 'placer' object into the world (at the moment the placer looks like a cutting board - possible future versions of the mod will include a more effective placer object). Move the placer around using the 'grab' key to the place where you want to deploy it, and activate the placer (as if you were going to pick it up) to deploy the mattress. Activating the mattress normally will let you sleep on it, while activating it in stealth mode will let you pick it up and add it to your inventory again.
5. SAVE GAMES
- Activating or de-activating this mod should not have any negative effects on your existing save game/s - but as always, it is good practice to keep backups.
6. CONFLICTS / KNOWN ERRORS
- It has been reported that this mod conflicts with Diernayr's 'Portable Camp' mod: "Although it's possible to simultaneously carry the campsite and mattress in your inventory, the game crashes when attempting to deploy both beds together."
- The placer and mattress scripts in this mod are based on scripts from ANB's 'Portable Bedroll' mod (for TES IV: Oblivion).
- Thanks go to haama and Kathrin for their scripting advice that enabled me to remove the CTD bug that was in earlier versions of the mod.
8. MODDER'S RESOURCE INFO
Feel free to use and adapt the scripts in this mod however you like. (There are no new art assets in this mod at the moment).
9. CONTACT AND INFORMATION
My e-mail address is josephlollback at hotmail dot com
I often hang out at Canadian Ice & Howndog's Morrowind/Oblivion forum, under the alias 'Antistar';: http://canadianice.ufrealms.net/forum2/index.php
10. LEGAL STUFF/ DISCLAIMER
By downloading and using this modification, you agree that the author of the modification cannot be held responsible for any damage to software or hardware directly or indirectly caused by the aforementioned modification. Use at your own risk, basically.
11. VERSION HISTORY
Version 1.0.2 (06-01-09)
- Fixed the bug where adding a portable mattress to - or removing one from - a container caused a CTD. This also resolves the CTD when buying a portable mattress from a merchant (and when the player's inventory is taken via a script, as at a couple of points in the Fallout 3 main quest) - as these problems were all caused by the same bug.
- Portable mattresses are now available from merchants again.
- Removed portable mattress from Vault 101 exterior, as it is no longer needed.
Version 1.0.1 (17-12-08)
- Removed portable mattresses from merchants, since buying one resulted in CTD if player did not already have a portable mattress in his/her inventory.
- Added a portable mattress outside Vault 101 entrance as an interim solution while I work out what's causing the other problems.
Version 1.0 (17-12-08)
- Initial implementation of features.
|File Name: portable_mattress.7z|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 4 KB||Files Added: 9,763|
|Downloads: 1,221 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,351,465 (43,554 last week)|
|Posted: 21.12.2009||Supporters: n/a|