Mod: Zumb's Darker Sunglasses 2.0
This mod from Zumb changes sunglasses the so that your eyes are almost invisible, and even adds reflection from light sources. The new, cooler sunglasses are now called "Mirrored Shades".
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Zumbs's Darker Sunglasses
September 23th 2009
3. Installation and uninstallation
5. Version history
6. Terms of Usage
The sunglasses in the game were very transparent and lacked reflection from light sources (specular light).
This mod changes sunglasses the so that your eyes are almost invisible, and even adds reflection from light sources. The new, cooler sunglasses are now called "Mirrored Shades". Even though you didn't kill Mason or dug up a stiff, you are looking cool. Cool enough to get that +1 Charisma, you've been waiting for. How about that?
A number of new sunglasses have been added, and can be purchased from Craterside Supply and Potomac Attire. Inspired by CrazyAce's Sunglasses FX an optional plugin adds screen effects when wearing the sunglasses, i.e. the Mirrored Shades makes everything darker, and the Red Shades makes everything seem more reddish.
Fallout 3. I have only tested it with the 1.7 patch, but it should work with most other versions.
3. INSTALLATION AND UNINSTALLATION
This archive contains five files:
ZumbsDarkerSunglasses.esp Default plugin
ZumbsDarkerSunglasses_no_replace.esp Use this if you do not want the sunglasses to be replaced
ZumbsDarkerSunglasses_screen_effects.esp Use this if you want the screen effects.
Zumbs' Darker Sunglasses - readme This document
ZumbsDarkerSunglasses.bsa Contains meshes and textures
To install, perform the following steps
1) Extract ZumbsDarkerSunglasses.bsa and your prefered .esp into your Fallout 3/Data directory
2) Rename ZumbsDarkerSunglasses.bsa so it has the same name as the .esp you use (if you use ZumbsDarkerSunglasses_screen_effects.esp, the bsa must be renamed to ZumbsDarkerSunglasses_screen_effects.bsa)
3) Open your favorite Fallout 3 launcher (I recommend using FOMM) and check the esp, you wish to use.
To uninstall, uncheck ZumbsDarkerSunglasses*.esp and delete the above files from your Fallout 3/Directory.
When upgrading from earlier versions, please uninstall the earlier version.
It should be compatible with everything, that does not edit the sun glasses. If you find any incompatibilities or bugs, please report them to me.
Improved Glassses by steph87: Do not use the compatibility patch, as it were made for version 1.x. Steph87s ideas for shades has been incorporated into this mod.
Sunglasses FX by CrazyAce: CrazyAce's ideas has been incorporated into this mod through ZumbsDarkerSunglasses_screen_effects.esp. This should load after SunGlassesFX.esp.
5. VERSION HISTORY
Version 1.0: Initial release (November 15th 2008)
Version 1.1: Released on November 17th 2008
* Added two new textures, "more transparent" and "so 60s"
* Added support for non-replacer version
* Changed file structure to allow support for non-replacer version
Version 1.2: Released on December 7th 2008
* Bugfix: Added MIP maps to default texture
* Changed Lucky Shades to use new textures
* Added three new textures, red, silver1 and silver2
Version 2.0: Released on September 23th 2009
* New Feature: New shades can be bought from Craterside Supply and Potomac Attire
* New Feature: Optional screen effects when wearing new shades
* Changed Enchantment on shades, so that they give +1 PER during the day, but -1 PER during the night
* Changed shades so that they only fill the "Glasses" slot (previously they also used the "Mask" slot)
6. TERMS OF USAGE
You are free to use, distribute and edit this mod. If you upload it to another site, I ask that you kindly notify me. If you edit and upload it, please notify me as well.
- Timeslip for FOMM
- ScripterRon for FO3 Archive Utility
- The NifTools team
- The GIMP team
- Sickleyield for the article on retexturing in GIMP (http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Better_Retextures_:_Detailed_Guide_For_NifSkope_and_the_GIMP)
- CrazyAce and steph87 for their cool ideas
- The modding community at large for their great ingenuity
|File Name: zumbsdarkersunglasses_v20.7z|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 471 KB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 680 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,358,122 (40,641 last week)|
|Posted: 21.12.2009||Supporters: n/a|