Mod: Zumb's Overhauled Real-Time Security 1.2
This mod from Zumbs introduces real-time lockpicking, hacking, and lock smashing (a.k.a. lockbashing) with melee weapons, guns and explosives. The player also gain the ability to try to pry open a lock. It is highly configurable.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Zumb's Overhauled Real-Time Security
By Zumbs (email@example.com)
November 5th 2009
3. Installation and uninstallation
6. Version history
7. Terms of Usage
This mod introduces real-time lockpicking, hacking, and lock smashing (a.k.a. lockbashing) with melee weapons, guns and explosives. The player also gain the ability to try to pry open a lock. It is highly configurable, as discussed in section 5.
Zumbs Overhauled Real-Time Security (ZORTS) has the following in-game features:
* Lockpicking: Equip the Bobby Pin in the weapons tab, point your crosshair towards a locked object and press attack. Please be advised that picking a lock you do not own may anger the locals.
* Hacking: Holster your weapons, point your crosshair towards a terminal and press 'H'. Hacking a terminal you do not own may cause anger amongst onlookers. Hacking can be interrupted by pressing the attack control.
* Lockbashing: Equip a weapon, point the crosshair towards a locked object and press attack. A lock can be very sturdy, and may require a lot of work before it opens. Be advised that the locals may consider destruction of property a serious criminal offence. The current HP of the container is shown if 'H'' is pressed.
* Explosives: Equip an explosive, point your crosshair towards a locked object, and press attack. This will open a menu where you can choose a timer. As it is quite dangerous to be near the explosion when it goes off, it is advised that you vacate the blast radius. This highly dangerous method will likely be considered to be a very serious criminal offence by locals.
* Prying: Equip a knife or a crowbar, point your crosshair towards a locked object, and press 'P' to attempt to pry open the door. This may anger the locals.
* Configuration Menu: The menu can be opened by holstering your weapon and pressing 'P'. The configuration menu allows you to toggle minigames on/of, disable everything but lockbashing, apply the factory (install) settings, apply the default settings, and toggle debug mode.
* In-game documentation: Look under notes in your pip boy for basic instructions.
LIMITATIONS: Only ONE lock can be lockbashed at a time. Bashing at another lock will clear the effects on the first lock unless it has been bashed open. This limitation includes usage of explosives: Only one lock can be mined at a time.
* Fallout 3 with the 1.7 patch (it may work with earlier patches)
* Fallout Script Extender v1.1 beta 9 or later (can be found at fose.silverlock.org)
3. INSTALLATION AND UNINSTALLATION
1) Open the Package Manager.
2) Press "Add new" and browse to whereever you saved the archive.
3) Press "Activate" and follow the instructions on the screen.
1) Extract the archive to a temporary location.
2) Copy all files except the fomod folder to your Fallout 3/Data folder.
3) If you
- prefer not to disable the minigame, delete 'Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp' and rename "Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security_minigames_enabled.esp'; to "Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp'.
- only want lockbashing enabled, delete "Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp and rename Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security_lockbash_only.esp to Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp.
4) Open your favorite mod manager and check Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp.
The choices made in FOMM or manual install can be undone by using the in-game configuration menu or by reinstalling the mod.
If you use a custom attack key and wish to use real-time lockpicking, please open the in-game Configuration Menu and enable custom attack key compatibility.
1) Open the Package Manager.
2) Press "Deactivate".
1) Open your favorite mod manager and uncheck "Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security.esp".
2) Delete the following files:
Zumbs'_Overhauled_Real_Time_Security - readme.txt
If you have customized the ini, please backup your ini, and rerun it after upgrading.
1) Open the Package Manager
2) Disable ZORTS v1
3) Install as above (Section 3.a)
Install as above (Section 3.a)
This mod does not modify anything in the game, so it is likely to be compatible with most mods out there. It even works with "Explosive Entry" by Lap and "Menu Based Hacking and Picking" by angleae. It does, however, use the keys 'H' and 'P', for central functionality. The keys used can be changed, as discussed in Section 5. It can be placed anywhere in your load order.
5. ADVANCED CONFIGURATION
This section is an overview of how to configure the mod beyond the Configuration Menu. ZORTS is highly configurable, as most parts of it is controlled by Globals. The settings are described in more detail in ZORTS.ini, but include:
* Difficulty of different tasks
* The option to disable parts of the mod
* The option to pick key only locks (use with caution)
* Reassiging keys
* Crime toggle
After making your changes, start up the game, open the console and write
press return and close the console. Note that you have to do this every time you start a new game.
6. VERSION HISTORY
Version 1.0: Initial release (October 31st 2009)
Version 1.1: Released on November 1st 2009
* New Feature: Configuration menu
* New Feature: "Jamming" of locks during lockpicking now has Infiltrator support
* New Feature: Support for hand-to-hand lockbasing
* Bugfix: Hacking "breaking" terminals disabled
Version 1.2: Released on November 5th 2009
* Bugfix: Non-default attack key can now be used (toggle in configuration menu)
* Bugfix: HUD now updates when lock is unlocked
* Bugfix: Equipable Bobby Pins removed when lockpicking is disabled
* Bugfix: Placing explosives is now viewed as assault
* Bugfix: Should now work in god mode
* Bugfix: Fixed bug where using explosives after prying caused game to think player were prying
* Tweek: If player sneaks when lockbashing, the player is unsneaked
7. TERMS OF USAGE
You are free to use, distribute and edit this mod. If you do either of these things, I ask that you kindly notify me.
- The FOSE team for their hard work
- The NifTools team for NifScope
- ElministerEU for FO3Edit
- Timeslip and L0ki for Fallout Mod Manager
- Breeze for the very cool fomod install script
- The Valhalla project for figuring out how to make idles play
- All the nice people at the forums and modding sites for sharing their knowledge
- The people who were nice enough to file bug reports
|File Name: zorts_v12.7z|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 478 KB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 808 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,369,537 (41,308 last week)|
|Posted: 21.12.2009||Supporters: n/a|