Mod: sproyd's SweetFX Graphical Enhancement Config 1.0
A graphical enhancement mod for Far Cry 2 using a custom built configuration of SweetFX to make the game look truly incredible. Shadows, lighting and anti-aliasing all now look stunning with a negligible performance hit.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
Having used the Graphical Enhancement Suite on moddb.com to improve Far Cry 2's graphics I knew that this game could do better than what Ubisoft delivered the public those many years ago.
However, I wasn't entirely happy with the Graphical Enhancement Suite mod - contrast was too high, shadows and indoors were too dark and overall, while good, it wasn't perfect.
I then found CeeJay (of guru3D.com)'s SweetFX Shader Suite package. SweetFX is similar to FXAA injectors that have been used for the last year or so but instead uses SMAA anti-aliasing and a whole lot of other technologies to change the look of games.
I spent hours upon hours customizing the configuration file in SweetFX to best suit Far Cry 2. I think what I have arrived at is truly excellent and makes the game look amazing. Better still, the mod runs buttery smooth with high FPS.
- Copy all files and folders into the bin folder in your Far Cry 2 directory. For steam users this can be found in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/far cry 2
- The mod will run automatically when you launch the exe or from Steam. I advise against fiddling with settings in-game except for graphical quality.
- Make sure all overlay software is disabled. Overlay software includes FRAPS or other software that displays or records FPS, or in-game video and screenshots.
- I do not believe this mod will work with DirectX 9 so make sure you have DirectX 10 enabled in the game settings.
- If you are getting the Far Cry 2 splash screen but the game doesn't appear to be launching open your nVidia/AMD control panel settings and restore everything to default. Far Cry 2 doesn't like the control panel trying to force its settings on the game.
- It goes without saying but make sure you have the latest patch from Ubisoft installed if you are using a non-Steam version.
- Press SCREEN LOCK on your keyboard to disable/enable the mod in-game. If there is no change then the mod probably isn't running.
- You can take in-game sceenshots using the PRINT SCREEN button which is saved under the Far Cry 2/bin folder as a bitmap image.
- You can further modify the config by editing SweetFX_settings.txt in your Far Cry 2/bin folder. If you want to alt-tab and do this in-game you may have to press PAUSE BREAK to reload the changes once you save the txt file
|File Name: sproyds_FC2_SweetFX_config.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 235 KB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 718 (9 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,384,034 (53,344 last week)|
|Posted: 26.11.2012||Supporters: n/a|