Patch: Patch 9.2.0
The 9.2.0 patch for Football Manager '09.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
Football Manager 2009 v9.2.0
- Fixed Italian C Cup crash when C2 league not selected.
- Fixed Crash when continuing game - TRANSFER_MANAGER::create_promotion_cash_info.
- Fixed Crash TRANSFER_MANAGER::transfer_player.
- Fixed Crash fixture_rules->does_player_need_registered - NULL squad_selection_rules passed in.
- Fixed startup crash on Mac in some cases if a custom database folder does not exist.
- Phil Jagielka is no longer described as a GK on the player profile screen (when player pictures are disabled).
- Goalkeepers no longer included when working out the worst passing statistics for the team information screen.
- More variation in number of games played by players playing for clubs in inactive nations.
- Adjusted Scottish cup attendances.
- Fixed "Mistakes led to 1 goals" feedback string in motivation information.
- User can no longer reject a transfer offer via the Transfer Centre if his club is bankrupt.
- News about reserve team bans being extended now sent to first team manager.
- Assistant manager match analysis now shows if a user takes control of a team who didn't have an Asst Man, and then employs one.
- Human managers with Belgian nationality now have both Dutch and French as their languages.
- Fixed contract issues with newgens in certain nations like Scotland where they weren't given a proper contract.
- Prevented assistant manager from saying a player had played a poor game riddled with mistakes if he had a good rating still.
- Stopped non-managerial staff members being marked in landmarks as "Manager leaves " when they take on a manager role at another club.
- Fixed Osasuna newgen youth cities of birth to be in the right local region.
- Adjusted attendance for English Conference playoff final.
- Community Shield pitch no longer has terrible pitch condition in the first season.
- Spanish B team managers can now move players from C/U19 teams.
- Stopped the board rejecting request to relay the pitch when it is in very poor condition.
- Fixed bug where national team human manager is unable to filter/sort his player search after clicking on the Scout Recommendation column to sort the players.
- Fixed bug where squad numbers could not be changed for players on the main squad number selection date, in leagues which allow a max of 100 numbers.
- Players in the reserve team but marked as not available for the reserves now do not get picked for the reserves.
- Players now come back from holiday a bit earlier for pre-season.
- Players on loan at the start of the game have their days to gain nationality set for the season before.
- Newgens have the club join date set correctly.
- Players who used to play for Toronto FC (pre-game start) have days to gain nationality for Canada rather than USA.
- Fixed bug that would allow you to pick players for the Olympics that break the overage player rules causing the squad to become invalid later and be force re-picked to meet the rules by the AI.
- Stopped Brazilian State leagues being counted in clubs highest and lowest league position records.
- Stopped players basic valuations from jumping significantly after matches.
- Ensured managers are appointed quicker towards the end of the season.
- Fixed some amatuer contract offers resulting in paying the player wages.
- More changes to increase the number of sacking/manager movement.
- Stopped human controlled teams coaching staff from having thier contracts automatically renewed.
- Fixed issue on Job Status screen which resulted in screen being very slow when loading up.
- Made changes to help prevent managers at very top clubs from taking up international manager jobs.
- Fixed issue which prevented 'B' clubs from appointing new managers.
- Made changes to help prevent players who have been declared to play for reserves from playing in GK positions.
- Adjusted attendance changes for promoted/relegated teams.
- Fixed bug where players who moved on a free after a loan spell (pre-game histories) did not have the fee shown on the player career history screen.
- Fixed issue where club badges were sometimes not coming up on network clients.
- Re-enabled to "Overall" summary line in the Finances-Salary screen that was not being displayed.
- Live league table for Croation First Division now shows correct table when the league enters the 3rd round of matches.
- Fixed duplicate skin entries on the Preferences screen.
- Fixed Hall Of Fame record stats not appearing on manager's history panel.
- Made the sub-header graphics different to the header graphics.
- Fixed bug where person achievements would sometimes not appear when clicking on a club row.
- Fixed team/player profile box not appearing on administration news item.
- Manager Information screen now always shows correct league and cup wins for the current club.
- Match widgets are now slighty transparent.
- Match widgets can be minimised.
- Fixed classic View camera selection changing when browsing off screen and going back when viewing a saved match.
- Added ability to set view to TV or Classic in pre-match screens.
- Fixed "Play" text at half-time when a tactical chenge is made, then cancelled.
- Fixed incorrect string in error dialog when attempting to save a tactics file with a duplicate name.
- Yellow card match notifications should no longer get "stuck" on screen.
- Fixed tooltip for 'Tactics' when a match is running within TV View.
- Fixed some layout on the assistant manager feedback floating widget.
- Fixed tactics button not appearing sometimes in 'TV View' during a match.
- Prevented unnecessary budget alteration news while takeover is in process.
- Adjusted contract type and wage given to Danish youth players.
- Adjusted part-time wages in Denmark.
- Adjusted Indian season ticket prices.
- Adjusted new stadium financing for MLS clubs.
- Adjusted youth wages for Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Adjusted Brazilian club finances.
- Fixed fans being "disappointed that a player has played so few games for the club" when they have been ineligible to play any matches.
- Stopped user being able to take sole control of U23 team when adding new user.
- Fixed occasional international bio string mentioning a young player 'trying to make the step up' when he is yet to establish himself at youth level.
- Fixed headline " Represents " on international roundup when player actually played for youth side.
- Fixed rare instance of international manager watching a match to look at a player for his next squad when the player is already an international for another country.
- Fixed bug where some overage players can be selected for U21 finals.
- Fixed incorrect number of apps in "...and has performed well in the appearances he has made in an shirt this season." string.
- Improved selection of media sources for lower league news stories (fixes worldsoccer.com reporting on teams outside their remit).
- Fixed chairman name not appearing in news string regarding aniversary of B team clubs.
- News of managerial appointments now sent to inbox when human is unemployed.
- Offering a player who is on the transfer list to clubs results in a news item suggesting you transfer list that player.
- Fixed League Round-Up wrongly stating that 4+ goals from a player in a big victory 'was not enough'.
- Praising a players recent form no longer generates contridictory player and manager interaction responses on a players profile.
- Fixed default action taken by club on player injury/illness while user is on holiday not being described in inbox message.
- Web addresses no long start with a capital W in www.
- Improved news item chain when releasing a player on a free while he is in contract negotiations with another club.
- Fixed player occasionally referring to male manager as "her" in player reaction.
- Fixed user being asked about defending their title crown when not the top division.
- Fixed press conference refering to a dismissal influencing 'a game you were leading but went on to lose' when team was drawing at the time.
- Fixed issue where media thought tie was two-legged if the match was moved and played at a later date than usual.
- Fixed question about players being at loggerheads still being asked over a year after original occurance.
- Slightly decreased likelihood of getting a tycoon takeover.
- Ensure manager gets a clean slate for board requests when a new chairman takes over.
- Allowed players with a future transfer arranged to be given a squad number.
- Stopped you being allowed to transfer or loan list players who also have a non-playing job at your club.
- Helped increase number of south American transfers into Spain.
- Helped ensure clubs replace sold GK's in a quicker manner so they aren't short when transfer closes.
- Stopped bidding clubs repeatedly offering long term loan offer for same player.
- Ensured scouts at lower division clubs start looking at lower standard players quicker when assigned.
- Stopped humans being able to sell poor players for silly fees.
- Changed feedback for rejected loan items news item to not state silly loan fees and instead state player not available for loan.
- Stopped Ability to sign transfer listed (Not listed for loan) players on loan with no wage contribution.
- Allowed squad rotation squad status below the premiership.
- Another fix to help prevent inflated transfer fees for some players.
- Put some changes in to help increase the number of co-ownshership deals in italian football.
- Made changes to help increase number of recently released youth players find new clubs.
- Stopped some clubs rejecting loan offers and quoting lack of wage percentage as reason, when in fact they just don't want to loan the player to that club.
- Fixed bug in network games when user is always forced to new screen if he has been forced to continue.
Low Detail Match Engine
- Fixed bug whch would sometimes cause a substitution to be made very early in the match for no reason.
- European Cup group winners now always play 1st leg of next round away.
- Fixed some qualification problems where sometimes a team in 2nd place would qualify for the Champions League group stage directly instead of the team in 1st place.
- Moved Euro Cup squad selection date for group stage a week later (from the 2009/10 season).
- British referees will not referee games involcing british teams.
- Added Club World Championship 5th/6th place playoff.
- Correct australian teams in 2008 Asian Champions League.
- Asian Champions League now takes place every year (a fix made for another issue in 9.1.0 caused it to not take place sometimes).
- Wellington Phoenix are now eligble for the Asian Champions League.
- Fixed bug were new signings in Austria were not being registered for matches properly.
- Fixed bug where Belgian First Division winner in first year doesn't get any news items about being champions.
- Youth contract players not allowed to play in competitive matches.
- Fixed bug in some state competitions where if a team wins both opening and closing stages, no landmark would be added.
- Updated Sao Paulo State Championship TV rights and prize money.
- Trial days are now held after the first season.
- Fixed reserve team fixture venue not being opposite of first team fixture venue.
- Fixed a problem with the Czech Cup cup draw around 12th July where the game would take a long time to make the draw.
- Improved transfer values in Denmark.
- Fixed FC Amager not participating in the Danish Cup.
- 3 players aged 18 can now play in English U18 matches
- Improved end of season scheduling for English FA Cup and Premier Division for seasons after 2008-2009.
- Players on loan from clubs outside of england no longer count towards the maximum of 5 players in the matchday squad rule.
- FA cup draw fixed.
- Saturday evening English Premiership matches should kickoff at 17.30 instead of 17.15.
- Fixed Blue Sqaure Prem playoff number of Subs and Final at Wembley.
- Fixed league playoffs semi finals 2nd leg home advantage.
- Improved selection of English Premiership television matches.
- Removed player registeration from Finnish League Cup.
- Teams in UEFA Cup don't always have their league games moved to Sunday for TV if they are not playing on the Thursday before.
- Fixed not all First Division teams playing last round of league matches on last day of season due to a German team reaching Champions Cup final.
- Fixed Greek European playoffs.
- Fixed Dutch Eredivisie Schedule.
- Fixed Israeli National League Toto Cup Semi-Finals venue.
- Updated Israeli State Cup schedule.
- Fixed domestic suspensions not being enforced.
- Fixed Prem division league split bug.
- Fixed Prem playoff draw.
- Updated First division prize money.
- Fixed age limit error for U19 matches.
- Made it a little be easier to sign Non-EU players for Norwegian clubs in Premier or First Division.
- Fixed Polish FA Cup round 1 and 2 draw.
- Fixed correct team not being entered into the Champions League.
- Adjusted prize money for the Portugese Cup.
- Teams start the second stage of the Portugese Second Division on half the points they managed in the first stage.
- Added winter break for reserves competition.
- Fixed Serbian cup draws.
- Fixed Spanish 2nd Division B kick off times.
- Stopped B Teams playing in Spanish cup.
- Fixed Playoff draw to First Division Elite.
- Fixed Turkish Cup away goals rule.
- U23 player match day requirement for Premier Division amended to U23 club home grown player match day requirement.
- Stopped American and Mexican teams playing each other in the NACL.
- MLS teams now dont qualify for Copa Sudamericana.
- Senior Development players at the start of the game now are paid the correct wage.
- Stopped players at human managed clubs been waivered without them asking them to be.
- Fixed not be able to give players squad numbers after using auto pick.
- Staff members no longer can be offered Developmental, Senior Developmental or Senior contracts.
- The second Designated Player only counts $365,000 towards the cap instead of $415,000.
- Removed the minimum release clauses for players playing in the USL 1 and USl 2.
- The Super, Supplemental and Waiver drafts are always held.
- Stopped user been able to offer non Designated player contract with Designated player wages, and offering a Designated player contract with non Designated player wages.
- Improved AI teams waivering players due to give Senior contracts to players on Generation Adidas, Senior Dev or Dev contracts forcing them over the squad limits.
- When running the USA league in view only mode the Designated and International players are not released and available on a free transfer e.g. David Beckham.
- Squad bonus news item now reports the teams correct finishing position.
- Fixed Players in the drafts can sometimes not be picked.
- Teams no longer passing in the first couple of rounds of the draft.
- Player Rights no longer are retained when a player is waived unless they were drafted in the current seasons draft.
- Player Rights no longer are retained when a player is sold to a non-MLS team for money.
- Top four teams in the overall standings qualify for the Superliga.
- Stopped players squad numbers been removed from teams after every MLS match.
Football Manager 2009 v9.1.1
- Fixed startup crash on certain Mac configurations.
Football Manager 2009 v9.1.0
- Fixed crash when claiming the same player from the MLS Waiver Draft more than once
- Adjusted the fitness/condition of virtual players.
- Adjusted attendance increases for big teams after winning leagues.
- Adjusted expansion capacities of new stadiums built in the game.
- Adjusted the effect of a new stadium on club attendances.
- Stopped holiday option applying for jobs at lower division clubs when the user is in charge of a national team.
- Stopped players been delighted to have signed a new contract when they are just out on loan.
- Tweaked the assistant manager's monthly training report to better reflect the changes of player attributes.
- Reduced player condition drop in the off-season.
- Adjusted the attribute assignment when filling in blanks for researched players in the database.
- When a user takes control of a club which had a player/manager, the player/manager now leaves the club instead of reverting to just a playing role.
- Adjusted friendly attendances for matches involving big clubs or rival clubs.
- Don't get asked to appoint club captain immediately when taking over a club if the season is over already.
- Fixed Fastest Goal club record not updating.
- Stopped manager who sets "International Player" experience having more caps and/or goals than the record holder(s) of that nation.
- Fixed Dutch virtual players showing the Dutch language twice in their list of languages in the player personal profile.
- Detail Level now remembered correctly for reserve competitions after loading a saved game.
- Fixed bug where user would sometimes not be able to team talks to be controlled by assistant manager.
- Non-player transfers are not counted towards highest fee received and spent records.
- Friendly internationals now count on the players position played in screen.
- Fixed bug which meant being able to speak French wasn't enough to gain Belgian nationality.
- Team History screen tables now remember scrollbar position when moving between teams
- No more unnecessary spacers on the Quicklinks bar when unemployed
- No more invalid column error in player trials history
- Edit boxes scroll to the cursor
- Transfer listing a player on a team tactics screen now updates the status flags for that player
- Fixed bug where swapping players with light and serious injuries on the tactics panel caused both players to show in the serious injury colour
- Fixed bug where shirt numbers on team tactics panel were clashing with the background colour
- Managers of B clubs now have the option to allow assistant manager to take control of friendlies
- Fixed the stadium condition information label which was showing "unknown" for several stadiums
- When viewing the draw for the Euro Cup group phase, the groups are now shown correctly
- Fixed home/away floating panels not remembering positions.
- Standardised layout of motivation, team ratings and match stats floating panels
- Removed player condition from key player widgets when viewing previous matches as highlight data does not contain condition data
- Fixed missing match time when viewing previous matches.
- Added home page menu item to bookmarks menu.
- Characters no longer sometimes print twice after a key press in full screen mode
- Fixed competition news icon indicator link going to inbox.
- Altered colour of cannot play status icon for non injuries and suspensions
- Any player sent off whilst the user is changing tactics is now removed from the pitch panel
- Fixed a bug where sometimes when changing captain in a match the wrong player would be shown as captain on the player ratings panel
- Fixed bug which would cause the past meetings table to become sorted incorrectly
- Fixed bug where the tooltip on the captain selection panel would say 'Vice-Captain' for all entries below the vice captain
- Fixed bug where some peopleís names on the club favoured personnel list would be underlined when they could not be viewed
- Fixed players not playing as strikers being listed on the milestones list during a goal drought
- Fixed bug where players in a reserve team were shown on a squad screen regardless of the filter set.
- Fixed contradictory player status icon saying player reacted negatively when he reacted positively.
- When substituting the captain on the pitch and at the same time bring on the club captain it will now always automatically select the club captain as capain.
- Fixed display bug which could mean some English players with Scottish eligibility didn't show on their profile.
- Fixed some kick animations not being played
- Animations (e.g. kicks, saves, headers, tackles) now synchronised better with actual ball contact
- Fixed possibility of commentary being displayed half a second early unintentionally
- Match time slider can now be used to view the whole match and not just highlights
- Removed assistant feedback link from the match screen when team has no assistant manager present
- Tweaked the assistant feedback for tactical suggestions on opposition instructions at the start of the match
- Fixed assistant manager commenting on language barriers when most of the team is of same (foreign) nationality
- Tweaked the assistant manager feedback levels based on attributes
- Fixed some kit clash issues
- Fixed bug where user isn't taken back to a highlight in split view after making tactical changes
- Fixed bug where if a human watching a match leaves, then comes back, the match time slider was not showing the correct highlights/periods
- Added prev/next highlight buttons in highlight slider as separate buttons
- Behaviour of team name links in match screen is now consistent across views
- Fixed not being able to go to Tactics screen at half time in extra time in TV view
- Fixed text difference "TV View"/"TV Mode"
- Fixed injury times in the TV view match report widget not fitting properly
- Fixed links in offence notifications
- Fixed linesmanís flag appearing in pop ups for fouls
- Fixed a bug when a tactical change made during a match highlight would sometimes cause the match highlight to disappear from the match time slider.
- Fixed a bug where the team stats panel on the match screen would sometimes not update if the user paused the match then switched to this panel.
- If user views highlights of an old match in the middle of a current match, the current match shows the correct kits in 3d when the user returns
- Fixed user not being able to go to tactics screen at half time in extra time in TV view
- Fixed layout of goal update widget
- Fixed mismatching hint text for tactics button in TV View
- Fixed floating widgets jumping when setting up TV View
- Tactics buttons in TV View go to team talk at full time
- Added hints to the TV View tactics buttons
- Fixed replay speed slider not being visible on classic view
- Added replay speed to TV View
- Fixed "Live" button not updating when dragging highlight slider to non-highlight area
- Exits replay properly when user sets playback to live using method other than "Exit Replay" button
- Fixed scoreboard showing wrong data during match setup when viewing matches from Intro screen
- Fixed half time whistles and some other sounds occasionally playing twice when watching a match
- Fixed game freeze when user joins a network game using an empty IP address
- Fixed bug where a match between two human managers may not carry on after a forced tactic change is made
- Can no longer train goalkeepers to rifle in free-kicks unless they are a free-kick taking goalie (e.g. Rogerio Ceni)
- Can now discipline players in your reserves and U18's for being sent off in a match
- Fixed problem if a player outright rejects learning a new PPM, you then have to wait a long time before you can request that they learn a new PPM
- Players on loan no long get low morale because they are transfer listed at their parent club
- Stopped players who are declared for a nation appearing to be interested in playing for another nation.
- Fixed bug where the wrong host for the next Confederations Cup was being announced
- Stopped repetitive "Backs manager to win new contract" news item after every game when manager is near the end of his/her contract
- Fixed player bio talking of player having 'done well to come back from serious injury' when the injury wasn't particularly serious
- Fixed match report bug which states that the match 'started tentatively' for the wrong team
- Fixed some grammatical errors in strings
- Fixed some female strings
- Stopped players who don't needing registering from a squad complaining about been excluded e.g. European Champions Cup
- Fixed crash when adding custom Journalists/Media sources for Clubs that don't get loaded into the game.
- Stopped player facing former club news coming up unless the player was at the same time as the current manager for sizeable time.
- Stopped personal news item about taking action over player going AWOL being sent to the league news screen.
- Fixed bug where preferred move training news items could randomly repeat when loading a savegame.
- Don't ask question about long gap between games for non-active sides
- Will no longer be asked a question about needed to spend money to gain success outside of transfer windows
- Questions about who will win the title come up less frequently
- Questions about who will win the title not asked when destination of title has already been decided
- Fixed fairly rare occurrence when journalists would ask a follow-up question that had already been asked in the same press conference
- Fixed instance of user being asked who will win the title too often
- Fixed rare instance where journalists would think a score draw was 0-0
- Stopped people from having to interrupt their Christmas dinners to take a press conference
- Assistants now answer opposition dangerman questions
- Fixed bug where extra time and penalty goals not shown in player reaction to post match press conference
- Fixed bug where AI manager could rarely attend a pre-match press conference twice
- Fixed bug where Assistant attending press conference would be asked the same questions in consecutive conferences quite often
- Fixed bug where the PR reactions weren't showing after your assistant takes a press conference
- Made sure you always attend a new job press conference before any other type of press conference
- Stopped big players responding to comments from small club managers
- Fixed defender being chosen as possible threat in a question
- Stopped summary news item saying the human was in a bad mood when he gave positive answers.
- Sell-on fees cleared also when the next transfer includes no cash
- Stopped relegated teams offering players well below their asking prices
- Stopped teams make a loan offer for a player despite the fact that he will be injured for the next 4 to 5 months
- Stopped clubs repeating same transfer offer over and over again with no sign of giving up or improving offer
- Stopped clubs initially bidding basic value for key/first team players if no asking price has been set
- Stopped clubs who haven't previously bid on a player from bidding below previously rejected offers of the same type from different clubs
- When a club reject loan bid due to low wage contribution but user is offering to pay 100%, the real reason is that the buying club is a divisional rival
- Stopped Chairmen inappropriately accepting bids because they are "too good to refuse" at high reputation clubs
- Fixed teams reject original offer for a player but after an enquiry they will accept less
- Fixed a bug when managing Tottenham, scout reports on Jermain Defoe would suggest he "would be a good signing for most League One sides"
- Fixed clubs hiring and firing 3 times in 5 days due to manager contract expirations
- Ensured managers who have had a poor start but given time by the board don't get fired once they have been there a short while and are gradually improving the terrible league position
- Club reputations rising instead of dropping properly when a team gets relegated
- Young players on part time/amateur contracts in youth teams now get youth training instead of full/part time
- Stopped players making any position training progress when injured.
- Fixed bug where preferred move training news items could randomly repeat when loading a savegame.
- Fixed wages asked and wages allowed for Israeli players aged 18-21 in Israel
- Fixed low reputation player rejecting contract offer as he wants a more lucrative salary, but he is being offered exactly what he is asking for
- Fixed custom expenditure setup in the database from spiralling when renewed
- Adjusted cash balances of inactive clubs with sugar daddies
- New MLS kit sponsorships only to start after the first season
- Adjusted MLS wage budgets to allow budgets higher than the cap
- Tweaks to club bankruptcy limits and chairmen willingness to cover losses
- Enabled loans setup in the DB to have future repayment start dates in the game
- Adjusted building costs of new stadiums in developing countries
- Adjusted stadium sponsorship deals for new stadiums
- Adjusted the high end wages in France
- Adjusted the level of extra wage budget board will allow at rich clubs if requested and accepted
- Adjusted the Belarus league ticket prices to better match the values set in the DB
- Fixed Huddersfield season ticket prices and sales to revert to normal levels after the first season where season tickets are on special sale
- Non-active clubs now have chairman changes listed on their history landmarks panel
- Improved board takeover frequency and balance
- Fixed issue where board members weren't moving/leaving clubs properly, previously identified by corrupted club records e.g. Bobby Charlton at Man Utd
- Increased chance of ambitious directors becoming chairmen at other clubs
- Improved selection of nationality for tycoon chairmen
- Slightly reduced reputation boost for consortium and tycoon takeovers
- Fixed bug where B clubs where having board takeovers.
- Fixed some Hints and Tips
- Fixed Danish Tutorial headline
- Updated Credits
- Players can now gain Hong Kong citizenship
- Fixed Brazilian player is considered as Home Grown for an English side despite only joining them six weeks ago
- Fixed bug where a Non-EU player wouldn't want to gain British nationality
- East Timor get placed in a valid group in Asian Under 20 Championships Qualifiers
- African Cup of Nation hosts for 2010, 2012 and 2014 added
- Paraguay South American U-20 2009 hosts
- Fixed CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers being played on the wrong dates in the first season causing fixture clashes with league games
- Vietnam now doesnít qualify directly for Asian Nations Cup 2011 as they take part in the qualifiers
- Fixed Asian/Oceania World Cup Qualifying playoff for 2010 World Cup clashing with club league fixtures
- Fixed International friendlies incorrectly played 13th August 2008
- Correct age rules used when picking squads for U21 European Championships
- South American U20 Championship winners now get an achievement added
- Correct teams now entered for the CONCACAF Champions Cup in 2008
- Fixed North Korea host the Asian President's Cup.
- Australian Institutes should not receive any compensation when Youth contract players move.
- Fixed bug in A-League (regular season) where wrong team is mentioned as the winner of the competition
- Bulgarian TV revenue update.
- Updated Croatian First Division, Second Division and Cup schedules
- Amended Czech Summer Transfer Window
- Fixed Danish Premier Division scheduling clashing with the Euro competitions
- Fixed there being no TV games on the last day of the season in the English Championship
- Fixed duplicate 'long term loan' rule sentence in the rules screen for the Blue Square North/South
- English Conference leagues now deduct 10 points for teams going into administration
- Community Shield no longer called the "Community Shield Final"
- England's away game against Andorra in September 2008 should be played at Espanyol's stadium
- Should not have to register players for reserve team matches
- Players are now correctly cup tied for european competitions
- Premier/ Division 1 schedule update
- Finnish Cup third round added
- French transfer window changed to 01/09/2008 for the first season
- French cup match squad must have no more than four non-EU players
- French League 2 maximum two non-EU players in squad
- 5 subs can be named in French cup until 1/4 finals, 7 from 1/4 finals onwards
- French league cup final set to Saturday 25/04/09
- French National schedule updated
- French loan rules updated
- Fixed French U18 Cup amount of subs
- Ligue 1 Midweek TV dates added
- Updated Greek Prize Money
- Fixed Icelandic league dates
- Indonesian Prem/First schedule updated
- Promotion/Relegation Play-off Matches 1 leg 2009/2010 onwards
- Israeli Leagues minimum Stadium capacities changed
- Fixed transfer window
- Updated Coppa Italia Serie C Third Round Schedule
- Avellino's 3 point deduction cancelled
- Fixed an issue which sometimes qualified the wrong team for the NACL
- Fixed incorrect text being used for maximum number of non home grown players rule
- Removed home-grown player match rules for Norwegian 2nd division
- Fixed teams being allocated to the wrong Romanian Second League Group
- Changed Premier Division squad rule to U21 instead of U20 and moved the age check day to 31st December
- Fixed Scottish Second Division relegation playoffs are played on the incorrect dates
- Last 4 sets of fixtures not played at the same time
- Changed the display order of Singapore competitions
- Fixed duplicate and incorrect disciplinary rules for South Korean competitions
- Fixed Spanish 2nd Division B - Promotion playoff to 2nd Division draw
- Added prize money for Swedish Premier League teams
- Fixed Turkish teams not being able to sign Foreign based U18 players with Turkish nationality
- Turkish B-style feeder club relationships now send more players on loan each year
- Allocation funds from sales outside the MLS are now correctly awarded
- Fixed an issue which sometimes qualified the wrong team for the NACL
- Fixed wrong prize money in US Cup
- Increased AI teams interest in players inside the Superdraft
- Generation Adidas players no longer require the user to offer them a contract as they now get give one automatically
- Stop players requesting contract clauses that can't be offered in the MLS
- Stopped teams signing players from the Development League when the player hasn't already been in a draft
- Designated players no longer reject terms they ask for
- AI teams should increase their transfer activity to sign Designated Players
- Stopped AI teams from going over the squad restrictions
- Fixed bug where a team may get a Uruguayan First Division championship achievement both after winning the Playoff match and the Championship match.
Match Engine Change List
Match Engine v725
- Fixed throw in taker being over pitch line when throwing
- Fixed players standing 2 yards outside area at penalties instead of right on line
- Improved short free kicks taken at 30 yards out or more
- Fixed commentary stating distance of shot when scoring from clean through at edge of area
- Created some limited ball and player movement When players stand and hold ball up waiting for options
- Reduced ratio of serious injuries compared to light ones in match
- Reduced instances of players not closing down ball player slightly
- Fixed bug where player could be described by commentary and animation as taking a throw in during open play
- Made team shape support ball player a little better when attacking
- Fixed bug where defenders continued marking strikers too long when ball clearly in their teams possession
- Encouraged certain players to try risky dribble when out of options in attacking area
- Encouraged shot when player cutting in at edge of area and on good foot ( or confident )
- Made players attack penalty area quicker when team mate is on wing and in crossing position
- Removed some confusion created by small deflections that can cause players to react illogically
- Fixed rare bug where keeper can fumble save as result of foul off ball between 2 other players
- Reduced extreme curve on kicks with high target point
- Improved perception of when player is in semi clean through situation
- Fixed players clean through drifting too wide too easily
- Fixed bug where player chasing ball can suddenly move at superhuman speed
- Made defenders a little more careful about going to ground prematurely
- Made players a little more willing to turn having received ball to face opposition goal depending on tactical instructions etc
- Toned down number of shots on target slightly
- Fixed players making unnatural passes similar to how it works for shots in v724
- Fixed dodgy use of squad rotation by some teams mid season
- Increased accuracy of ball to player deflections
- Fixed AI managers being overly defensive in some lower league games
- Fixed AI managers illogical use of 424 when no need
- Fixed occasional instance of goalkeeper not picking ball up when able to
- Fixed possibility of lesser goalkeepers parrying ball that is easy to catch
- Fixed rare instance of keeper leaving save until ball is already over the line
- Lowered number of passes ahead of team mates that give receiver too much to do to get there
- Player marking post at corner will now leave it to mark free opponent who is near if no-one else can do it
- Player marking opponent with ball near own corner flag now positions better to block the cross
- Less shots from free kicks in wide areas
- Encourage run with ball when acres of space to move into
- Encourage pass to player in more advanced position when attacking
- Reduced instances of player kicking ball against opponent for throw in unrealistic position
- Slight reduction in shots going over bar rather than wide
- Slight reduction in condition drop through match
- 3 man midfield or attack with no wide players now spreads more when in possession
- Made AI managers with low attacking ratings a little less negative at home when not underdogs
- Fixed some saves described as superb when they were routine
- Stopped some instances of defenders trying to move in for tackle before they are in position
- Made players a little more likely to cross when well placed to do so
- Made players a little more likely to shoot when well placed to do so
- Stopped players deserting the player they had stayed back to mark at their own team's corner
- Fixed AI managers making illogical subs when players get injured in the first half
- Fixed possibility of throw in causing immediate throw in for opposition due to v725 moving taker behind the line
- Fixed tackle in own area triggering illogical "must score" commentary
- Made players more likely to shoot first time when presented with close range chance
- Made players more likely to lay ball off first time when back to goal and under pressure
- Fixed keeper dropping ball to avoid taking it out and then taking too long to recover and grab it again
- Made attacking minded players a little more adventurous when running with ball in opposition territory
- Stopped players taking ball under control when its too far from their feet
- Made players in defensive wall more likely to block ball
- Fixed players in defensive wall not facing ball
- Fixed bug where player sometimes stands close to but never picks up a motionless ball
- Fixed keeper changing mind about letting ball run out at last minute and as a result fumbling it and risking losing it to attacker
- Fixed bug causing keepers not to dive on some penalties
- Toned down effectiveness of penalty takers in pressure situations like shootouts
- Fixed bug where player can get near zero match rating for no obvious reason
- Fixed bug where player makes pass to team mate that is too hard for him to pick up
- Tuned v727 change to 3 man midfields in possession
- Improved position of 3 man midfields when out of possession
- Made players a little more effective when clean through on goal
- Reduced players "running through" opponents to win back ball
- Made keepers a little better and more likely to make effort to save ball at least
- Fixed bug where keepers allow back passes that are deflected to go into goal
- Fixed keeper coming for backpass and missing it altogether
- Fixed match getting stuck assert due to bug in receiving ball code
- Fixed player diving and moving for ball while diving animation plays out
- Fixed player standing still with ball for ages and ignoring obvious pass
- Further small tweak on # of injuries
Match v732 - 9.1.0
- Fixed striker diving to head ball out of keepers hands when yards away
- Fixed back header being hit unnaturally powerfully in for own goal
- Fixed bug in man marking that allowed wingers to beat man easily
- Differentiated between set piece marking and open play marking so that players marking at set pieces follow their man through current phase of play
- Fixed making challenges not causing potential injuries, and rebalanced injuries across the board accordingly
- Toned down first touch a little for high velocity passes
- Made D-line push up a bit more, when playing high mentlity, when defending but ball in opp half
- Made teams defend a bit narrower even when defending but ball in opp half
- Made players a little more willing to shoot from edge of area when obvious opportunity arrives
- Made a few more placed rather than blasted finishes
- Increased number of blocked shots slightly
- Reduced effect of "hard tackling" setting slightly, rebalanced foul count
- Increased likelyhood of yellow cards for persistant fouling
- Reverted v733 change for set piece marking for set pieces in non dangerous areas
- Reworked effectiveness of first touch slightly
- Fixed bug causing long kicks upfield to yield too many one on ones
- Fixed bug where defenders would sometimes hang back way to far on fight balls at other end of pitch
- Made cultured players a little more adventurous when under pressure with ball
- Improved keeper saving range slightly
- Fixed a couple more bugs that cause player to stand around close to ball and not play it
- Encouraged shots from edge of area a little further
- Improved passer choice of pass a little
- Improved default player positions on field dependant on ball position slightly
- Fixed assertion created by ball being moved to set pieces decision when its already there
- Fixed instance of highlight cutting out when ball in area and not dead
- Fixed ball physics bug causing certain long high shots to be on target
- Tweaked AI manager use of mentality, width, and depth team sliders to account for opposition
- Slight widening of pace and acceleration range created from attributes
- Fixed unrealistic injuries from v733 caused by dribbling or turning on ball
- Fixed bug where defence might push up due to fight ball in own danger area, risking a clear goalscoring chance if their man loses out
- Fixed bug causing occasional clearance into touch from midfield position
- Reduced ability of keepers to save and hold close range shots
- Fixed bug where player may stray into opposition half and risk being offside when opposition defence have all joined attack
- Fixed bug where corner taker can step back through ad hoardings when preparing for kick
- Tweaked player choice of direction facing when picking up possession of ball, especially around opp area
- Fixed bug where keeper may not come to claim loose ball in own area
- Increased likelyhood of defence shifting over to cover players drawn into challenges
- Fixed instance of assertion where play pauses indefinitely due to issue with player not picking up loose ball
- Mistake now assigned to goalkeeper who handles outside area and loses ball due to being forced to drop it
- Increased number of low whipped crosses
- Improved default cross destination slightly
- Increased number of simple passes to feet
- Increased first time passes, shots when player ability and situation allows
- Tweaked likelyhood of long shots in various situations including free kicks in wide areas
- Improved finishing from fairly close range
- Made players a little less eager to shoot early when clean through
- Fixed bug where throw ins can send ball straight out down line
- Fixed medics standing "inside" ad hoardings
- Fixed bug where keeper who drops ball after 6 seconds can leave it to an incoming striker if it takes a slight deflection off him as he drops it
- Slight optimisation on code that also creates more small lapses of concentration by players generally
- Reduced number of ariel challenges logged for players who arent close enough to the ball
- Slight improvement in facing when picking up possession of ball
- Fixed defenders dropping too deep when marking opponents around own area
- Fixed strikers trying to round keeper prematurely creating unneccesary tight angle for shot
- Fixed bug where post match injury would be more severe than the condition drop at the time would have indicated
- Toned down one touch football slightly for the less technical players
- Reworked identification of what is a "key pass"
- Fixed possible flaw in keeper choice of saving point
- Fixed keeper leaving goalbound ball when he expects attacker to get to it but its within saving range
- Fixed flaw in marking of ball player that sees defenders make uneven path towards their target point
- Tweaked off ball movement slightly
- Reduced passing ability of the very worst players
- Made players try to shoot slightly later when clean through if possible
- Players slightly more likely to place shots when clean through
- Fixed slightly obscure freeze in match that can take 30 seconds or more to resolve
- Fixed bug in hitting the post point that sees ball rebound from slightly wrong place
- Reduced instances of wild clearances from midfield areas
- Improved full back marking of winger running with ball near danger area
- Reduced amount of whipped low crosses
- Fixed 5 man wall for free kick near corner flag
- Fixed header off line not being included in highlights
- Made non defensive players close down play a little more effectively
- Low condition has more effect on concentration levels
- Obvious through balls less likely to be ignored
- Fixed bug where keeper can dribble ball out then ignore it if it stops dead and let in attacker
- Toned down instances of 3/4/5 players converging on ball player at once
- Slowed down backpasses, and very short passes a little
- Fixed bug in ball physics that could cause on target shots to hit crossbar instead
- Reduced deflections off players who are about to take control of ball
- Fixed injured player from human team remaining on pitch for duration of game
- Made keepers dive a bit further
- Fixed defenders assuming team mate that makes a tackle is going to take control of ball
- Further improved decision making of player through on goal
- Fixed keeper hesitating on picking up a loose ball near own goal
- Fixed player moving towards still ball too slowly allowing opponent to get in first and intercept
- Fixed bug that could stop players from kicking ball out for injury
- Toned down long shot accuracy a little
- Reduced number of risky passes across defence line
- Improved defence reactions to balls played over them or in behind them
- Reduced accuracy of keeper kicks
- Improved keeper dives a bit further
- Fixed bug where keeper may not come for static ball in own area and allow easy goal
- Increased safety first approach a little for lower standard players
Match v742 (9.2.0)
- Fixed bug that caused keeper to potentially lose control of ball after he has held it for 6 seconds
|File Name: FM2009_v9.2.0_Patch.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 111.86 MB||Files Added: 10,690|
|Downloads: 2,842 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,119,306 (56,899 last week)|
|Posted: 22.12.2008||Supporters: n/a|