Patch: Patch 1.12.2
The 1.12.2 patch for Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Patch 1.12.2
The update comes with a sizeable amount of fixes, rule changes, improvements, and new features and further polishes the gameplay of Forge of Freedom based on player feedback and ongoing game reports.
- Improvements to legendary units, and generals' statistics.
- New generals' biographies (300 total): Ambrose E. Burnside, Philip St. George Cooke, Thomas L. Crittenden, Jefferson C. Davis, Alfred Duffiť, George W. Getty, John Gibbon, Gordon Granger, Alexander Hays, Philip Kearny, Rufus King, John A. McClernand, Irwin McDowell, Wesley Merritt, James Nagle, Richard J. Oglesby, Peter J. Osterhaus, John A. Rawlins, Phil Sheridan, Charles F. Smith, William F. Smith, George D. Wagner, Lew Wallace, William H.L. Wallace (U.S.A.); George T. Anderson, Robert Houston Anderson, John C. Carter, Philip St. George Cocke (revised bio), Philip Cook, Montgomery D. Corse, Arnold Elzey, Robert S. Garnett, States Rights Gist, Elkanah B. Greer, John B. Grayson, William P. Hardeman, John B. Hood, William Y.C. Humes, Benjamin G. Humphreys, John D. Imboden, Evander M. Law, Lunsford L. Lomax, Armistead L. Long, Dandridge McRae, William McRae, Albert Pike, Gideon J. Pillow, Gabriel J. Rains, Albert Rust, Stand Watie (C.S.A.)
- INTERFACE UPDATE: CTRL+Mousewheel and CTRL+'+' and CTRL+'-' now zoom the map at the strategic level and in detailed battle.
- VPís are now properly assigned only for decisive battles.
- Removed "attack the fort" option from PBEM.
- FIX: gun problem in special unit file.
- FIX: Artillery strength now set properly from scenario start file.
- RULE CHANGE: Shenandoah is now worth $10 if the controlling player also controls the governor of the state.
- INTERFACE UPDATE: Always Instant Combat option now works in PBEM (so that when this option is chosen, players do not watch combat replay when watching PBEM replay files).
- RULE CHANGE: Gunboats now automatically heal 1 strength per turn.
- RULE CHANGE: National Will. The USA loses 1 additional point of NW if it loses a decisive battle in a US province (both currently and originally owned). The CSA gains 1 additional point of NW for winning a battle under these circumstances.
-FIX: National Will bug for empty city capture
- Added 10 new special abilities:
Thrifty (inf./art. only): Attacks use only 1 point of supply.
Stalwart (inf./cav. only): While unit is Fresh it takes only 1/10th normal morale loss from fire attacks.
Rangers (inf. only): Reduces cost to enter a hex by 1 if the terrain cost is 3 or more.
Cautious (inf./art. only): Reduces damage this unit takes and causes in fire combat by 25%.
Aggressive (inf./art. only): Increases damage this unit takes and causes in fire combat by 25%.
Tenacious (inf. only): When in a pin-position with another unit, both units are automatically pinned.
Hill Defenders (inf. only): Unit takes 10% fewer casualties and loses 33% less morale loss when defending from fire attacks on heights.
Uphill Charger (inf. only): Unit suffers half the normal penalty for charging enemies located on heights.
Efficient Fire (art. only): Unit may ignore the restriction that artillery units cannot fire after moving more than 4 hexes.
Anti-Battery (art. only): Reduces penalty for artillery-vs.-artillery fire attacks from -90% to -70%.
- Tweak AI use of charges
- Increased AI aggressiveness under particular situations.
- FIX: Weather report/damage bug
- FIX: Save game bug for casualty levels.
- AI now varies aggression level and "frenzies" to attack more aggressively
- Tweaked other AI attack calculations
- FIX: Targets now do not return fire on artillery units firing indirectly.
- FIX: Avoid battle bug.
- AI has extra chance to entrench before battles.
- INTERFACE UPDATE: game now shows supply info for units in chit view mode.
- RULE CHANGE: Bonus caissons now show up with reinforcements if any of the following apply:
1) Division has high supply priority
2) Division has Logistical Staff of Great or better and supply priority at least normal
3) Division has Logistical Staff of Superb and supply priority at least low
- RULE CHANGE: Reinforcing troops now are affected by all the morale modifiers of troops that begin the battle in a province.
- FIX: casualty report for weather
- RULE CHANGE: artillery now cannot move within 2 hexes of infantry.
- RULE CHANGE: WTF is now modified by reinforcements.
- INTERFACE UPDATE: For hotseat games, added transition screen between players' turns.
The dozens of improvements range from better balance between camps, population and replacements to more realistic diplomatic percentages, two siege phases instead of one, improved scenario orders of battle and more realistic detailed battle frontage rules, and more. The v1.10.10 Update is a Comprehensive Update which can be applied to all previous versions of Forge of Freedom.
|File Name: forge_of_freedom-updatedr-v1122.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 17.43 MB||Files Added: 9,425|
|Downloads: 134 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,200,879 (65,028 last week)|
|Posted: 16.04.2009||Supporters: n/a|