Mod: MD's Freelancer Rebalance 3.55
This is a single and multiplayer mod by the MD Rebalance team that revises the game's mechanics. See File/Full Details for the complete list of changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Authors: MD Rebalance team
A Freelancer Modification to both Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
3.55 includes these changes from previous versions:
~ Totally revised Liberty factions and house ship models, loadouts and specs.
~ Partially revised ship models, specs and loadouts for the other 3 houses and the various remaining pirate and commercial factions
~ Fully scripted optional features are now selectable through FLMM during activation time
~ Added a Starlancer Ship Pack (Including Coyote, Crusader, Grendel, Naginata, Sai, Tempest Mirage, Wolverine, Phoenix) along with SL weapons like the Vulcan Battery or the Gattling laser.
~ Crashfree code and true pathfinding through both JH and JG's obtained with the help of Accushot's FLScan
~ New custom fighters, freighters, and other ships;
~ New weapons, equipment, and bases
~ New pilot types for each pirate faction and the commercial faction.
~ The F/A-37 Light Talon becomes the starter ship, and is visible in the cinematics as well.
~ The Talon is used by the Outcasts, Lanew Hackers and Blood Dragons and makes its appeareance in the Campaign as Kress' Men use it in the attack vs the Rheinland Battleship near Shikoku Station.
~ Much-revised and stepped-up NPC loadouts (better weapons/shields, Nomads now can mount shields)
~ NPCs fly many custom ships in addition to original FL ones, giving you a chance to see and fight more diverse ships
~ New ship explosion effects: watch out for exploding ships in fights now - when those fusion powerplants go critical (especially large ships/freighters), you can enter a world of hurt if you're too close! So be careful
~ Tohoku system populated: patrols, tradelanes, planets, new Jump Holes, nebulae, and ... a few other goodies
~ The Order and the Nomads appear in the Reputation screen - you can work for or against them, and it'll show in your rep
~ Nomad Battleship encounters in the Outcast Unknown system: loads of fun (and challenge, of course)
~ ALL ships have true strafing abilities now
~ Aegir's "Roll, Baby, Roll" mod allows players to strafe up and down, as well as roll (this is limited, though). See your Controls menu in-game to start using these cool moves
~ All planets spin now, and some systems are a tad bit more 3D, giving a more realistic feel to systems
~ Corrected ship infocards/names and other ids numbers.
~ Added the Cylon Raider MKII, the Viper Mk2-5 and MkX and the Arc-170 starfighter.
~ Multifire cluster missiles with sounds are added as an option but be warned that these WILL cause the game to be unstable and random CTD's may appear -
so it's recomended to be used for OpenSP only since it's not compatible with neither the SP campaign or the MP...use it at your own risk.
Detailed RB v3.55 main changes:
- The 2.5 Upgrade by Platman (includes 2.1 and the upgrade patch), the Hydra Type B addon, and the Fightspace Capships Texture Pack are ALL in, so is no need to install separate modules.
- the LI Navy and Police are now using a new breed of deadly Lasers, the Archangels MkI to MkIII, ranged from lvl 7 to 9.
- the LI Rogues have their armory enhanced with 3 more high level laser cannons: Mephisto MkI to III, ranged from lvl 8 to 10.
- The random missions are now more difficult as the stations and capital ships have more hitpoints, their parts and weapons have more HP's as well, also parts hitpoints are not distributed evenly so you may have to learn the capships' weakpoints in order to eficiently attack them.
- Other new weapons added: 2 new Cruise missiles, the BH flash Torpedo and the RH Blitz Torpedo, the Zoners EMP Autocannon, new prototype weapons as the "Single Shot", "Proton Warp Gun", "Mega Hammer" and more.
- Different faction lasers have new FX and colors, the Order weapons and the BD high level lasers are changed, the Red Hessians lasers match their RH origin better.
- The Jumpholes and jumpgates have different colors according to the house/faction of the system it's heading to (dark Blue - Liberty, Indigo - Inner Worlds, Blue (default) Bretonia), Red - Pirate Systems, Light Blue - Border Worlds, Green - Rheinland, Violet - Nomads.
- added the posibility to enable/disable at will the docking sequence, but when it's enabled capships won't be able to dock.
- added Baene's Ship pack 1, consisting of the folowing ships: Starskipper, Interloper, Guardian, Elite Defender, Ragebringer, SilverFish, Marauder, Draconji, Gunstar and Enfilade.
- added Baene's Ship pack 2, consisting of the folowing ships: Scourge, Ceptyr, Redemption, Bullpup Mk II and III, Seething Fury, Hydra MKIII and the Outworld Shifter Prototype 1.
- The Starskipper becomes the starter ship, and is visible in the cinematics as well.
- Added the BR Champion made by Caid, to New London. br/> - Added the RH Bomber made by Archangel to Planet Hamburg.
- Added the WC Panther and Vampire from WCP, made by myself, and buyable in the Iowa system.
- Added Porsche's Cylon Fighter, replacing the old one from Pl. Pittsburg, also added his Bounty Hunter VHF ship.
- Added Drifting Ghost3b's Privateer ShipPack, the ships in it buyable at diverse locations in Sirius.
- Added Warzog's and Bob Mcdob's Privateer and WC ship packs, replacing some obsolete WC models with the new ones.
- Fixed the EFA system, added commercial encounters and made planets not look alike anymore.
- 7 new ships from ArchKaine and Ro9ue: The "Nightshade" Order HF, "NightShade MkII" Order VHF, "Wraith" Order Fire-Support Craft, "Aeolus" Bretonia Heavy Interceptor, "Scylla" Liberty Interceptor, "Coralskipper" Yuuzhan Vong Yorik-Et (HF), and "Sobek" Order Very Heavy Space-Superiority Fighter (all with own individual icons);
- Copernicus Observatory, a new & more realistically-sized Zoners base in Hudson;
- Bastet Complex, a new Order base in Tohoku;
- Tohoku is a more populated system, complete with bases, patrols, planets, nebulae, and tradelanes
- More dockable bases: Detroit Munitions, NY; Ryuku Base (BloodDragons'), Tohoku; and Tekagi's Arch (now a Naval Forces base in Tohoku) all sell equipment, commodities, and ships;
- Order and Nomad factions that patrol several systems (Order has new/custom ships & loadouts) and appear in the F8 Reputation/Status screen
- New Nomad capship encounters in the Outcast Unknown system; these include Battleships, Gunships, and fighters, all withrevised and improved custom loadouts (which include Nomad Torpedoes and SHIELDS);
- New JGs & JHs connecting various systems with a few other systems;
- More new sound effects for weapons and engines, as well as new music in several systems/bases;
- All ships have TRUE strafe now ( b/t 50000 and 110000) with more realistic powerdraw;
- Order weaponry significantly upgraded (really, should the most powerful and dangerous SpecOps organization in Sirius that's tasked with safeguarding the Colonies have water guns to fight Nomads?);
-An Order Heavy Battleship is hiden somewhere in the universe, the XTS Proteus BB.
- Missiles and mines travel faster, are much more accurate, and deal damage over a wider area;
- All shields revised - LFs' have low capacities but recharge very quickly, HFs' have intermediate capacities and recharge at a medium rate, and freighers' have huge capacities but recharge quite slowly. Graviton, Molecular, and Positron shields all arecloser/better matched to one another capacity-wise (no more 3100 lvl 6 Grav, but only a 2300 lvl 6 Mol)
- Increased ammo/ship speeds: players can carry 2400 Photon shells and other types of ammo, Cruise speed is now 450-550 m/s(from the easy to the hard level), and the maximum object velocity (the fastest you are able to travel in a ship w/2+ engines) is now around 4500 m/s.
- Ittan's "XT Weapon Pack" incorporated into NPC loadouts, as well as many specialty House weapons (CARG, Heavy Ion, Quark, Pulsar, Kusari Photons cannons); most NPC loadouts revised for more intersting and challenging gameplay;
- MULTIFIRE versions of a lot of guns such as:
-KU HyperPhoton Blaster - 2 fire points
-BD Dragon's Breath - 2 fire points
-LI Archangels MKI to III, Night Glare and War Blade 2 fire points;
-RH Pulse Plasma Cannon and Pulsar cannon - 2 fire points
-LAAG Tachyon Guns and the Laser TOpredo guns - 2 fire points.
-Rogues Mephisto's from I to III - 2 fire points.
-LI Heavy Ion Baster - 2 fire points also.
-the Corsairs Angelito's and Salamancas MkI-III - 4 fire points!
-Quark cannon - 5 fire points!
- Many new ships are piloted by NPCs: Bret AFs = Whale Champion; RhPol = TIE Phantom; LibNav = Elite Defender (Juni's) and Guardian ; LibPol = Scylla; Ageira, Universal, Republican, Samura, Kishiro, DSE, and most corporations and criminals now fly various freighters, Raptor, Predator, Phoenix fighters, APS Hornet, APS Starviper, Slipstream, Stilletto XR, Dromedary XR, Starblazer, Antaeus, HawkeyeMkII, Erinyes. BHs pilot the new Bounty Hunter VHF by Porche.
- There are also "elite" (d15-19) versions of each house Pol & Navy fighters with much better loadouts that include some XT weaps. (( These bad boys are loads of fun to take on; with pulse turrets, high-level XT weaps, and better shields/armor, they give you a run for you money))
- The Iowa and Liberty systems have a more 3D feel, stars and stuff spread out. New population zones for more encounters. Iowa systems also have their own info now (on NavMap)
- Added exclusion zones for the new Tradelanes, so you don't fly through rocks/debris when you use one (like the TL from the Hudson JG to EA jumphole in the TX system - you used to fly right through the scrap in the Grande Negra, but now it is clear like other FL TLs);
- Planets spin, courtesy of Warzog / Bob McDob / Crabtree's mod;
- Minor tweaks in Empathy and Reputation for slightly changed experience;
- Corrected names/info for some ships and other stuff (i.e. the APS Hornet)
- Fixed ships' explosions that apparently had no effect entries -i.e. the Mule (had explosion_co_freighter) now has a visible explosion instead of just poofing into a featureless cloud of loot without any pretty fireworks; other ships with same problem fixed;
- Mitigated New Liberty trade profits (no more million-credit trade-runs w/prisoners & VIPs - have to work at it longer now);
- Upward and downward strafe, courtesy of Aegir's Roll Baby Roll Mod.
- Dromedary_XR, Whale, Aeolus, and other ships have new and closer-fitting .sur's.
- Some weapon/ammo prices fixed.
- Added the Galor Cardasian Heavy Cruiser, B'rel Bird of Prey, Romulan Warbird, USS Achilles(Intreprid class), USS Entreprise E(Sovereign class), Klingon Negh'Var Battlecruiser and the JemHaddar Fighter, buyable mainly in EFA and Edge worlds.
- All warp/hyperspace capable ships have now different speeds,Star TRek ships have their warp speed specified.
- Hispania Sleeper ship is dockable, is owned by the Outcasts and sells equipment, commodities and ships(courtesy of Rimshot's Dockable Hispania Sleeper mod).
-Added EOA real space 2.2 graphics effects to all old and new systems.
- The LF-14c Vendetta by Don Calzone is the sarter ship in MP now.
- 5 starting locations and 5 different ships for the OpenSP game mode are now available from the main modsettings.bat file: Liberty(Starflier), Bretonia(Cavalier), Kusari(Drake), Civilian(Freeport 4, Starblazer), and Pirate(Rochester, Starfury).
- All custom ships have now proper .sur files, meaning that they can be hit with lasers all over their surface' shape.
- Engines are sellable now, thanks to Alcander's Freelimits mod coding.
- Different cruise speeds for each engine are also available, through an option in the start menu, but be warned that this is not recomended in MP since it's affects the Flserver's stability (itfreezes on exit). U'll also get an error when you quit FL' main program. This happens because of the altered common.dll file included in Freelimits.
- "Second hand" freighters are available in some systems. They're cheaper but have downgraded cargo hauls, speeds and weapons levels/numbers
- True OpenSP added from Argh's XML Mod, available in the start menu.
- The mod options are fully scripted now, except the cutscenes option that was not scriptable due to too many files that had to be replaced. You'll still need to run cutscenes.bat for this one.
- Make sure you'll only select the Normal Character along with the SP Campaign option in the Start menu, and the other 5 characters and start locations ONLY with the Open SP mode. Otherwise the start of a new game will not function corectly!!! Also if you attempt to play in SP Campaign with OpenSP mode activated it will NOT WORK!!! You have been warned. So make sure you choose the right SP play mode at the begining of mod activation in the options menu and stick to that mode.
|File Name: flrebalance355full.zip.flmod|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 140.27 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 1,886 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,369,066 (40,807 last week)|
|Posted: 16.04.2008||Supporters: n/a|