Patch: Patch 1.6
The 1.6 cumulative patch from Piranha Bytes. There are many fixes and changes. See full details.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- a) Fixes made by the community:
- The hero's death will not cause a "Quest failed"-message anymore.
- Frozen NPCs and creatures will unfreeze after a while in any case.
- Rune and Zapotek do not attack anymore when the player picks up ham or wood for a quest.
+ To decrease the amount of unusable quest items in the inventory, quest items like barrels of fish, firewood, etc. disappear from the game when you delivered them.
- NPCs in charge of relevant quest items do not flee anymore after a city's liberation but keep fighting.
- The hero does not "stab" NPCs anymore when they already lost their last health points.
- NPCs who the player is asked to follow will walk to their designated destination instead of standing around after they get knocked down.
- Chests are now being closed after NPCs used them.
- When a ranger is being attacked by the player, the rangers nearby will approach to help him out.
- Krush Tarachs, spears and halberds dropped by NPCs are now "worn".
+ After the message "Not enough reputation" the amount of missing reputation will be displayed as well.
- Tutorials may now be deactivated permanently.
+ Fleeing NPCs after a revolution will now die instantly when you remove their last health points.
+ Whetstones can now only be used after the player learned "Hone blade".
- Quest related dialog choices concerning part deliveries of goods have been corrected.
+ Dialogs concerning success or failure of a quest are now put into the mission log as well.
- Menus can now be closed pressing the menu's key even if the player had magic "equipped" when opening them.
- You cannot invite more than one NPC into the arena at the same time anymore.
+ Whenever a "Guru" appears, a log will be saved automatically.
+ Chest name's colour now indicates whether the chest is emtpy or not.
+ Accepting a "follow quest" will automatically cancel any other active follow quest. Those quests can be restarted via dialog later on.
+ The hero may sell Sanford out to Marik even if Sanford attacked after being uncovered.
- Unnecessary Marlo dialog option "continue" has been removed.
+ Mission log entries for some quests added.
- Logic of dialogs with Folleck corrected.
- Kor-Shach does not appear as a teacher too early now.
- One of Emet's sentences is now played.
- Porgan's dialog order has been corrected.
- When the hero kills the three patrolling Orcs from Faring, he won't trigger the liberation of Faring by this.
- Buggy respawn was deactivated completely.
- Armor values for "paladin's shield" and "light rebel armor" have been corrected.
- Hunter merchants will pay twice the price for dark snapper leather and fire lizard leather.
- Gold value of some ancestor stones has been corrected to 50 gold.
- Torches now have a buying value of 3 gold, selling value is 1 gold.
- Thief merchants will pay twice the price for golden necklaces and rings now.
- The value of necklaces has been adjusted to 250 gold.
- Icons have been cleaned up.
- fmodex improvements, update to newer version.
- Several internal improvements.
- New texture fpr Angar's head.
- Flag "application can handle >2gb addressets".
+ Post processing cartoon shader (for graphic cards with shader 2.0 or higher)
- Missing wood texture added.
- Slight revision of enemy selection during fights to reduce the number of uninvolved NPCs.
- NPCs using ranged weapons or magic search for a new target when the current target gets out of sight.
- Sort order of dialog options for increase of life force corrected.
- The hero is able to damage his own summoned creatures.
- Experience points for "Rakus the Fire Mage should go to Okara" adjusted.
- Perk "Orc hunter" works now.
- Pointless "level up" notifications while the hero is transformed into an animal eliminated.
- The hero keeps his level when transformed into an animal, so he isn't too weak as animal.
- Experience points the hero gained while being transformed into an animal will not be lost anymore after transforming back.
The following fixes will only become effective when a new game is started, but not in already existing savegames:
- Strafing speed of ogres and goblins has been adjusted.
- Female slaves do not wear weapons or shields anymore.
- The Orcs in Al Shedim now react to the death of one of them with aggressive behaviour even if the player already handed all five artifacts to one of the gods.
+ Some orcs now sell orcish weapons as well as their standard equipment.
- The perk "orc slayer" now works
- No unnecessary level up messages are being displayed anymore when the hero is transformed into an animal
- Experience the hero gained while being transformed into an animal is not lost anymore when turned back into a human being
b) Fixes made by Spellbound:
- New memory manager implemented to improve performance and stability.
- Error handling in memory pool improved.
- Fixed memory allocation error when saving.
- Memory is now freed correctly.
- Improved memory allocation for memory streams in filesystem/streams.
- Fixed a potential memory leak which would result when an insert operation fails.
- Fixed memory leak which produces 84+20 bytes leaks for each savegame when entering the load screen.
- Remaining memory impact during save/load reduced from >100MB in some cases to typically less than 1,5MB - thus increasing game stability significantly.
- Fixed memory leak in Script_Game.
- Fixed some potential memory leaks in scripts.
- Several shader enhancements to improve memory usage.
- Fixed several uninitialized memory reads (potentially resulting in unstable or unpredictable runtime behavior).
- Improvements to the memory logging system - giving more detailed protocols of memory allocation activities.
- Improved caching.
- Unload caches before game restart (further reduction on memory leaks while saving/loading).
- Purged all regular caches before loading a savegame - further reducing the memory leak during save/load.
- Fixed access violation exception on program termination - crash during exit.
- Fixed a crash bug where entities were cached out even though they were still in use.
- Fixed crash bug in physics and character controller - occurs potentially during main gameplay.
- Fixed crash bug within entity manager - occurs potentially during main gameplay.
- Fixed one crash bug when using teleport stone.
- Changed control order for PrefetcherJob destruction to avoid deadlocks (and possible crashes).
- Fmodex.dll updated to version 4.10.01 (fixing potential freezes or crash).
- Changes to the filesystem for Fmodex to avoid file format errors.
- Memory performance improvements in the mesh renderer.
- Fixed some memory fragmentation for performance improvements.
- Performance and memory improvements to the container templates.
- Slight performance improvements in ThreadPool.
- Reused vertexbuffer declarations in several locations.
- Error handling in vertex processors improved.
- Created vertex buffers in default pool instead of managed pool if managed pool fails.
- Fixed memory overwrites in the shader module.
- Fixed rendering of zero or less vertices.
- Fixed DX9 issue complaining about different vertex stream strides for lightmap.
- Fixed DX9 issue about impossible MIP filtering.
- Various small cosmetic fixes for the world.
- Some fixes to avoid playing sounds with empty filenames.
- Fixed bug where objects could be off color.
- Looted corpses don't get into the hero's focus anymore.
- Illumination error regarding vegetation fixed.
- More information for user when skilling.
- Ini/dx9error.txt at application start removed.
c) Fixes of the official patch 1.12 by Piranha Bytes:
- Fixed ambient sound bug.
- Sound occlusion improved.
- Several physics and character movement bugs fixed.
- Inventory exploit fixed.
- Camera behaviour improved.
- Fixed out of memory bug when saving.
- Several crash bugs fixed.
- Performance increased.
- Combat AI for several monsters improved/simplified (e.g. boar).
- Lots of AI Fixes ( Murderer Reaction from party member fixed, AI comments improved).
- Sleeping NPC's AI reactions improved.
- Camera Control: Inverting the X-axis is now saved.
- Lensflare/Sun doesn't shine through mountains and buildings anymore.
- Rhobar and Zuben are dead after defeating them.
- Revolution mechanics improved.
- Lester does now talk even when not sitting at the campfire.
- Epilogue fixed.
- "No mission success" after 2 times "not enough gold" fixed.
- Glowing vegetation bug in older shader versions has been fixed.
- Several crashes and bugs related to the physics system have been fixed.
- Flickering objects and invisible particle systems bugs (mostly fire) were fixed.
- Some bugs were fixed which lead to the hero being invisible after loading.
- Some bugs were fixed which lead to skeletons and golems disapperaing after death.
- Z-Fighting bugs and alpha object order bugs were fixed, especially magic barrier vs. sky plane.
- Several bugs with rendering objects under water were fixed.
- An illumination crash bug on multicore systems was fixed.
- Several bugs and optimizations relating the the dynamic music system were done.
- A bug was fixed that lead to the damage value for modified weapons being not be displayed correctly.
- The mouse cursor sometimes appeared at wrong positions. This was fixed.
- We fixed a bug where, after loading a save game, unique treasure chests would hand out the first item in the list again.
- A bug in the soul travel spell was fixed (hero did not recognize that he has transformed back, resulting in an invincible state).
- The height of wade- and swim effects was adjusted.
- A bug was fixed that calculated the fall damage (sometimes too low).
- Fixed a bug where skills granted by items would not be shown as enabled.
- Fixed a bug where when running in fullscreen and using draw scale the GUI's mouse sensitivity would be reduced.
- A crash was fixed that sometimes happened after casting the fire rain spell.
- Several bugs related to the Pause mode and Quickload/Quicksave were fixed.
- Several optimizations related to arrows were done.
- Bugs related to following NPCs were fixed.
- A bug was fixed that reversed the order of tabs in the mission screen.
- Several mission logs fixed.
- Several small quest bugs fixed.
- Vak and Gonzales are now still there after a revolution.
- There are now more weapons at traders and in chests.
- Annoying NPCs from Faring arena removed.
- Story and Missions in Al shedim improved (Lester, Saturas, Wutras,etc...).
- Snorre's ancestor stone fixed.
- All problems of Hogar and the southern Orcs fixed.
- Ronar Trading fixed.
- Less monsters/Orcs in Nordmar.
- Vibald is now carrying explosive arrows.
- Bogir dialog fixed.
- Osmund dialog fixed.
- Navigation problems in temples and Ishtar fixed.
- Phil in Kap Dun now fights in Revolutions.
- Fixed the Montera slaves that walked around the well and through the fire.
- Turned around a chest near Vengard.
- Fixed a problem with Daryl's Orcs.
- Fixed Scavenger problem near Porgan.
- Kamak doesn't care about the monsters anymore.
- Fixed Peer's daily routine.
- Remove wolf skin in Gamal's tent.
- Fixed flying Orc in Vengard.
- Arena Fighters in Silden have now collission.
- NPCs now react to drawing the weapon in Silden.
- Turned around a chest in Silden.
- Destination point for Vengard stone moved.
- Removed some healing plants in Myrtana.
- Several plants with permanent effect werde added.
- Seruk now stays in town after Revolution.
- Removed some heavy smalltalk groups.
- Kor Shach's navigation was adjusted.
- Tippler's hut is now furnitured.
- Flying objects after changing sectors were fixed.
- Lukjan Overtime quest was fixed.
- Sanford's letter mechanic was improved.
- Tyler now goes to Trelis.
- Cyrus now leaves the party mode.
- Avogadro now goes to the farm after the quest succeeding.
- Kelvin now goes to the temple.
- Osko now goes to the farm.
- Some dialog fixes with Flint in Faring were done.
- The healing potion quest from Pranck is now solvable.
- Spike was fixed.
- Experience points in Kap Dun were adjusted.
- Nemrok quest and reputation fixed.
- Mojok dialog mechanic adjusted.
- Bored guard dialog fixed.
- Folleck dialog fixed.
- Ali dialog fixed.
- Gunock talks about Grok dialog mechanic fixed.
- Sulfock dialog mechanic fixed.
- Lares dialog fixed.
- Sulfur was added to traders' treasuresets.
- Antidote was added to traders' treasuresets.
- Yespas has now the correct political alignment.
- It's now easier to hit alligators.
- It's now easier to hit the stray wolves near Montera.
- Seruk's guild adjusted.
- Traders have now more water.
- Kamak's guild adjusted.
- Map coordinates fixed.
- Several recipes fixed.
- Wenzel doesn't attack the orcs problem fixed.
- Nasib's enclave fixed.
- Staff and robe traders adjusted.
- Stone tablets distribution improved.
- Beds and chests at Nomad camps added.
- Yasmin's und Alima's daily routine adjusted.
- Navigation problems in Mora Sul fixed.
- Hamid's daily routine adjusted.
- Masil's daily routine adjusted.
- Navigation zones in Al Shedim fixed.
- Monster distribution in Al Shedim adjusted.
- Quest mechanics in Al Shedim improved.
- Dialog with Lester in desert fixed.
- Fasim now invites you to the arena.
- Reputation mechanic in Mora Sul improved.
- Lukor dialog fixed.
- Angar's guild changed, Party member added.
- Several fixes in Ornarok's quest.
- Dialog problem with Yasmin fixed.
- Raw meat bugs were moved to the right inventory category.
- You can buy more maps at traders.
- Lukor quest fixed.
- Ali's key fixed.
- NPCs don't die as quickly as before when fighting monsters. This helps party members to survive.
- Crossbow handling improved.
- A sort order for skills was implemented.
- Strings can now have UTF-16 format.
- Character now won't slide if the ground entity has a volume < 3m3.
- A sort order for spells was implemented.
- The sort order for consumables, artefacts and documents was improved.
- Several Balancing values have been adjusted.
- Summoned party members now defend the player.
c) Other fixes
- The files of the official patch 1.12 will be installed with CP 1.6.
|File Name: Gothic_3_Community_Patch_v1.6_Full.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 17 KB||Files Added: 9,772|
|Downloads: 34,163 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,393,275 (57,183 last week)|
|Posted: 07.02.2008||Supporters: n/a|